Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-29-2011, 12:43 AM   #1
Family Vacation Member

The good:1. First of all I would like to say that I believe this is a very impressive looking unit with the totally new outside decor. It's kinda like half-way between full body paint and the traditional decor.
2. The three slam baggage doors are a real plus. They lock well and all you have to do is let them fall shut to close them.
3. I'm still putzing with the intellijacks but at this point it looks like a real plus.
4. The interior cabinet woodwork is a nice touch. The slides have a two-tone color scheme on the fascia and I think it looks good.
5. The outside shower is in a seperate locked compartment which sets high enough to be usable, if outside showers is your thing.
6. The basement storage area is a nice clean unobstructed area.
7. The front cap is a near 90 degree turning capability.
8. They have finally added a 110v receptacle near the curbside basement door in addition to the one that required a ladder over the main door.
9. All the winterizing can be done from inside the rig (except the outside shower).
10. As with all Cruisers, the 16" O.C. aluminum studs makes any modifications requiring attachment to the outside walls an easy task.

The maybe good/maybe bad:
1. The 7 function key fob. I cannot imagine anyone EVER running a slide in or out while standing outside. However it may be a good thing to be able to open them slightly and then stand inside near the slide while you open them to make sure nothing is in the way. The other things it controls (scare light, awning, rear jacks) are not big issues with me. I suspect for me the 7 function fob will remain in the drawer.
2. Euro chairs. They do not recline as much as I likeso if you are used to taking a nap in the chair its kinda like sitting up and trying to sleep. They rock a little bit but not a true rocker. They do swivel. They are very nice looking chairs but I would probably not buy them again.
3. The kitchen table. Nice sturdy, good looking table. The extension however is beyond description but I will try. Its almost like you suspect you are on candid camera and other people are trying to see your reaction when you try to open the extension. There is a metal lever underneath the table about 1/3 the way in that is spring loaded and has to be pulled out sideways and then the table pulled away from the wall. At this time that is a two-person job. Then after it is pulled away from the wall the extension is between the wall and the table. After you are certain you have pulled the table away from the wall far enough you can flip up the extension. Then while you hold it up, you or another person can crawl over the chairs and grab a metal bar under the extension and slide it out to hold up the extension. I have many words to better describe this table extension but this is a family type forum so I will refrain. My wife suggested we just turn the table around so we'll try that first.

The not good:
1. When we ordered this unit my wife was really excited about the incredible cabinet space. Like most people she had planned exactly where to put the various kitchen elements to make the kitchen just what she wanted. However, when we got the unit we were shocked to find that they had all but wiped out the huge cabinet area my wife had dreamed of. I believe this was done in an attempt to make the refrig completely accessible with all the slides in and that they did accomplish. In our estimation this was a huge price to pay. We have never had a problem opening a slide to get at the frig but this huge loss of cabinet space is extremely hard to take. The entire section of cabinets, floor to ceiling is now all 7" deep! The photo below shows what I'm talking about.

I would like toadd however that this RV still has an incredible amount of storage anyway and is just another one of thereasons we decided on this product.
2. The entertaiment center. We have the factory T.V. set. The Television is mounted off center and is a close as possible to the back of the rig. The person sitting in the easy chair closest to the T.V. will lose about 1/3 of the view on the screen because the cabinets are in the way. If you pull the T.V. out the maximum you cannot tilt it because the cabinet is in the way so you will have to watch at a rather sharp angle. In order to be able to see the T.V., the closest easy chair has to be moved as far from the wall as possible and next to the other easy chair. This eliminates any chance of a small table between the chairs. We have looked at the possibility of setting the T.V. on the counter but there are a lot of wires, mount, and receptacles on the wall that do not add to the cosmetics.
We found that if you pull the chairs away from the back far enough you can find a position where TV viewing is acceptable. We also looked at swapping the euro chairs and the couch around which would be just perfect for us. Unfortunately the couch is about 6" too wide.
3. Rear side windows do not open. This means that while sitting in the easy chair there is no chance of any breeze from the outside for the streetside chair. There is a window on the back that opens only behind the curbside chair. I'm doing research now to see if there is any possibility of replacing the side windows. They are somewhat narrow and maybe thats the problem but I will continue research until someone with authority says it just can't be done.

We do have the Crossroads quality, the full aluminum cage, and the 2-year warranty. I realize its impossible for a manufacturer to make the perfect RV for everyone. I'm still sold on the aluminum 16" O.C. construction and the Cruiser for me is still the best buy out there.

Edited by: calliopeguy

2012 Cruiser CF325CKP

2010 Ford F-350 6.4 SB 4wd

W0CSC

Semper Fi 59-63
calliopeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 03:51 AM   #2
Family Vacation Member

Sounds and looks great! We'll check it out at the ralley in a couple of months,might give you time to tweek it just the way you want it to be.

2006 GMC Duramax-Edge Evolution

2011 CT29RLX

Bikes,Canoe,toys,toys,toyz
we-canoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 07:19 PM   #3
Full Time Camper

Very nice write up....did you get the trailer from the place in St. Cloud?

2015 Rushmore Springfield
Disc Brake upgrade, Goodyear G614 tire upgrade
RV FLEX-ARMOR roof, Mor-Ryde IS suspension

2017 F350 Dually 4x4 6.7 Bronze Fire
gossamar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 11:48 PM   #4
Family Vacation Member

We bought the trailer from Gansen RV in Riceville, Ia......no complaints there.

2012 Cruiser CF325CKP

W0CSC

Semper Fi 59-63
Old 05-01-2011, 12:32 AM   #5
Weekend Camper

we have the 2011 32 ck cruiser and I like the shallow cabinet better that the deep cabinet we had in the pantry ofour previous trailer....I don't have to try to dig through a bunch of stuff to get whats in the back...it's all within easy reach and their is so much storage space overall in kitchen area...hope you enjoy yours as much as we do
elizajane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 12:57 AM   #6
Family Vacation Member

elizajane - I have to admit we have not had a chance to get out with this unit yet so we may well see things in a diffferent perspective. Your point is well taken with the shallow cabinets but at this point if we had the option we probably would still take the full depth cabinets and additional counter space. As I said in the main post however, this was my first impression. Today the plan is to go out and play with the intellijack thing. There is no question we will enjoy this rig. We are just finishing a whole series of modifications andare looking forward to our first camping session.

2012 Cruiser CF325CKP

W0CSC

Semper Fi 59-63
Old 05-01-2011, 02:53 AM   #7
Weekend Camper

I didn't see the difference in the counter earlier...ours has the wider counter and I do love that part....I see you too are seasonal campers. I am sure you will get much enjoyment out of this rig.
elizajane is offline   Reply With Quote