Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-13-2012, 11:35 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

well we spent all the afternoon sitting in our camper to be going over everything with a fine tooth comb. Read so much on here I checked everything carefully. Really think we will be disappointedin the covering before it is over. It is nice and soft but is really a very ultra thin piece of leather bonded to a fabric much like vinyl Naugahyde is. We found several areas where a staple came through or a corner was cut or there was a tear or hole in the fabric. We are going to give it a try but will be all over the warranty if it does the same thing again. The fifth wheel itself is a thing of beauty but that leather will surprise me if it lasts. They are aving panels sent in and someone comes and replaces them and is going to find out why this happened. Anyone else have any thoughts on the leather??
Walkingstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 11:54 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

It is not real leather it is a Pleather or Leatherette. I don't even think the Redwood comes with real leather interior. As far as how it will hold up only time will tell.
Hunter11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 02:43 PM   #3
Family Vacation Member

Send a message via Yahoo to timscruiser
We bought our 2012 last Dec. and thats the first thing we had the dealer do was to swap out the brown { leather ? ] for a set of recliners and sofa in cloth as part of the deal. They match good enough and I know they will hold up better because we have a dog that sleeps on the sufa LOL . Tim & Jo

THE CONROYS MINI MOTEL ]]

<br /
timscruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 03:04 AM   #4
Weekend Camper

well we had a small piece of the material that fell out of the chair when were looking it over. We brought it home and I was scratching it hard with my nails, my wife tried to cut it with hers and she put coffee on it and then put oily cheese curls on it and it wipes clean, no stains, no cuts or scratch marks so we are feeling a little more at ease and hope the repair panels will remedy the problem. I now believe rough or careless handling was the problem and will hold my real judgement until we get using the unit.I will post at a later time how it is doing.
Old 04-28-2012, 11:21 PM   #5
Weekend Camper

well they are getting the furniture repaired or switching out the furniture from another unit if the repair panels do not get there on time so we can get our unit on the road. We are scheduled to pick her up the 7th of May so my wife is getting really excited.

Old 05-01-2012, 06:59 AM   #6
Seasonal Camper

If you haven't signed the paperwork and closed the deal have them remove all the furniture and the matress and get a credit for the furniture, I think all the furniture in mid-level campers is more for looks than being anything of any kind of quality, I didn't know when we bougt ours we could dump all the furniture,we gave it all away and bought all leather furniture from lazy-boy, way better stuff and alot more comfortable, lazy-boy makes furniture you can remove the arms and it goes right thru the door...

2004 Ford F-350 CC dually 4X4
mbinohio is offline   Reply With Quote