Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-25-2012, 10:29 AM   #1
New Camper

I noticed

water coming in during a rain, it seems that the gear rail on the bedroom slide

is acting like a gutter and being the unit was a bit out of level from left to

right the water followed the rail into the unit and ended up dripping from the

bottom of the wood trim onto the floor. Leveling the unit left to right gets

out once I disconnect and lower the landing gear on the front. If anyone has

suggestions in regard I would appreciate the help.</span>

Edited by: RonaldG
RonaldG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 01:35 PM   #2
Family Vacation Member

I had the same thing happen on my 2012 Cruiser 335SS. Took it to the dealer and they tried to reseal it and no go. Still leaked, I had it taken back to the factory for alot of other repairs and this was one. They completley resealed the inside and out. Hope it fixed it as it has not been out in the rain. They put a hole new seal around the inside. Dealer didn't know about this. Hope this helps.

2012 Cruiser CF335SS
cruzinfools is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 02:20 PM   #3
Weekend Camper

I spoke with another Rushmore ownere last week who had the same problem. He was using some foam "plugs" in the rail near the wall to stop the water from flowing in. I am not saying this is the right fix but he said it did help.

Looks like CR might want to investigate this problem further???
slouman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 01:01 AM   #4
New Camper

Hey RonaldG...having the same problem, I'm the one slouman talk to in Louisiana, I'm using the foam "plugs"and making sure the RV is a leaning a little to the left so the water will run the other way........so for so good, but have not had a big rain for a while.....please let me know how you are doing.....I'm thinking I'm the only one with this problem...good luck...willie
Old 04-28-2012, 08:17 AM   #5
Weekend Camper

I had the same problem with mine leveled it and I had no further problem even went out with a hose and spayed it direct with water no problems. But, I will be putting slide out covers on it this summer.

2003 Ford F250

2012 Sahara

From Pigeon Forge TN

https://i1261.photobucket.com/albums/...9/DSC_0093.jpg
jim carpenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 02:10 PM   #6
Weekend Camper

Had a slight leak this weekend on 2010 Rushmore bedroom slide. Seems to be the same issue others describe. Could someone post details on foam plugs? Thanks
Sportsfan949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 02:47 PM   #7
Weekend Camper

picking my Rushmore up tomorrow morning.....how does one get to the rails ans the bedroom slide is not exposed like the ones that go under the floors. I plan to ask them about this too.see what they say.

Walkingstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 12:08 AM   #8
Weekend Camper

Just FYI ... my new Rushmore has slide awnings all around and I have not experienced the same leaks. If you are having the leaks it might pay you to add the slide awning over the bedroom.
Old 05-07-2012, 03:44 AM   #9
Weekend Camper

Slide awnings are worth looking into thanks for the input. Though I think the water is running in on top of the bedroom slide rails on the sides, will the awning cover help in that case? Could be slightly off on the leveling too, didn't pay much attention after initial setup which was good.

Want details on the foam plugs, will try that when I know how to proceed.

The main cabin slides are hydraulic and all rails are under the slide, no problems with those.
Old 05-11-2012, 12:24 AM   #10
New Camper

Hey Guys.....Just spent a about 8 days in Bar Harbor, ME, rained almost everyday....with my plugs in , no problems....I use the foam that you buy to cover your water lines in the winter, cut small pieces and using a small tool (screwdriver) to stuff the plugs in place, with just a little left out so to grab them when I slide my bedroom in.....extra time but so for it's working...would a awning do the job ?????????but why haven't CrossRoads try to put the work out with a little help??????let me know how your doing.....willie
Old 05-11-2012, 01:02 AM   #11
Weekend Camper

It has not been an issue with my unit but I have awnings. thanks anyway I will be paying a special attention.

MM

2009 Silverado Duramax 2500HD
North_Bay 34SB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 07:09 AM   #12
New Camper

We spoke tothe dealer about this issue and we were told that if there was not a certain tape that should have been put on at the manufacturer on the corner of the slides that water would get in. We also saw a couple of rv's in the shop for slide replacements because of this issue. So you may want to contact your dealer, but not sure if yours is any better than ours! (dealer that is) Good Luck!
Old 07-09-2012, 02:27 PM   #13
Family Vacation Member

My dealer called the factory on the bedroom leak. When it went out last fall they just put foam around the inside of the bedroom slide. Last week we were out camping and got a rain and not hard or windy guess what the bedroom slide was leaking again. So it is going back to the factory again in Sept. The camper was level. If it is off level so water won't run in the head of the bed is going down. Don't like to sleep on my head. Will see what they do this time. My dealer and the factory has worked with me. Haven't had any trouble with warranty work or anything else that they haven't tried to fix. Factory said Lippert built this setup and they are going to be called in on this when it gets to the factory.

2012 Cruiser CF335SS
cruzinfools is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 12:24 AM   #14
Full Time Camper

;od luck. Not being sarcastic, have had nothing but good dealings with Crossroads people and feel confident they will stand behind any issues I may have, based on past dealings with. Will be there this Aug and have appt. with factory for various minor issues .........
Travel Safe ...

'12 F350(NotShown) / '11 Rushmore 35RL
https://i53.tinypic.com/2qs5cw3.jpg
Ruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 03:46 AM   #15
Weekend Camper

The bedroom slides have 2 rails on each side, it appears my leak was water running along the top of the rails and into the trailer dripping from the bottom corners of the slide. Some have said they use pieces of foam along the top or the tracks to stop this. I did not want to continue to mess with this so I put a glob of silicone on the top of each rail with the slide pulled in.When I extend the slide the silicone is just inside the outer seal. seems to have stopped water running along rail and inside trailer.
Old 07-11-2012, 10:46 AM   #16
Full Time Camper

Sportsfan949, good to hear, hope it fixes the prob.
Slouman, how is the awining over the dining/living room slide working? I have found that because of the sun window? high up, that the awning is not sloped as much as it should be and water pools on there. Tried using inflated beach balls, but the length makes it inviable/unviable? Anyways I used some short pieces of 1" PVC, maybe 10'and some shorter ones with joint pieces and formed a triangle and slid it up under, seems to help some...(don't mean to hyjack the thread!)
Travel Safe ...

'12 F350(NotShown) / '11 Rushmore 35RL
https://i53.tinypic.com/2qs5cw3.jpg
Ruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 12:57 PM   #17
Weekend Camper

Ruck, I have the same issue with the dining/living room awning. It pools with EVERY rain. I tried the balls but it just made two pools instead of one. I just gave up and brush off the water every time ... something I wish was not necessary. Let me know how the long pieces are working. I may try that if it does.

Robert
Old 07-21-2012, 10:36 AM   #18
Weekend Camper

I watched for this problem after reading these posts and have been through some awesome downpours and all day rains and no leaks anywhere so far.fingers crossed.
Walkingstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 10:18 PM   #19
New Camper

Hey Sportsfan949......Thanks for the idea of a glob of silicone on the top of rails, I'll try that, so far my foam plugs have worked but still can't understand why crossroads have not given some input on this subject......we will be back near our dealer in Louisiana in Oct.....we'll check with them again but I don't have much hope......be safe.....
Old 07-24-2012, 12:22 AM   #20
Weekend Camper

Glad to help, I have not had any water leaking in since the silicone application to the rails. Good luck.