Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-26-2014, 08:23 PM   #1
New Camper

Bad Purchasing Experience

At an RV show in April 2013 I purchased a Crossroads RV Zinger 28BH and it was an OK unit but should have done some more home work before diving into it because this year due to the shower/ tub unit being to high to get in and out and queen bed configuration it just was not working out. So looking through many different brands and models on the internet I found a unit that I thought would work.

Crossroads ST290QB was the model, so who has, none in New Jersey, a few in PA (should have went to PA). Well back to the Crossroads RV dealer that sold me the zinger. Can you sell me a 290QB, no because they are not a Sunset Trail dealer, and they cannot find any in the inventory from other states at least not near by. The other person involved in this purchase with me wants to keep it local if possible, thinking there will be sales tax problems tring to register the vehicle.

Another model with possibilities ST29SS, same as the 290QB with just an extra pushout and useless fireplace. Local crossroads dealer (not Sunset trail) locates a model a few states away makes, many promises and I aggree to purchase, site unseen (only photo's) well buyer beware! They get unit it sits on their lot for 4 days knowing that options are needed to be ordered and installed to it. They claim that items that I want are not made for it in the size that is needed. Well this is the third weekend I am not a happy camper, ready to walkaway for the whole thing. Poor customer service on sales department, making statements that now cannot be kept blaming it all on the service dept. But you know that the salesman got his commission so what does he care! Just a big mess!
Blueclawsfan Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 11:37 PM   #2
Full Time Camper

Sorry about your experience. The dealer can make all the difference and in your case not in a good way. If they don't make it right you should walk away. They aren't working with you at this point. Looks like you have a discussion with the manager or owner of the dealership in your near future.
Saskatoon, SK
WildWildWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 06:17 AM   #3
Weekend Camper

Have you check out White Horse RV Center ( http://www.whitehorserv.com/ ). We just purchase our from them and it has been a great buying experience. Even mailed me a tube of sealant when I found a spot that could use more. (we are 2hrs drive from them).
2015 Sunset ST32RL
Wantabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 06:34 AM   #4
Site Team

Ed, if you are in that position of being able to "walk away" from this deal, I highly recommend that you do just that.
With the way you have explained how things have went so far, I can't imagine it will get any better in the future.
So---if you are frustrated now---with this dealer, it more then likely will only get worse.
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 07:34 AM   #5
Full Time Camper

Lloyd is right here,

Nothing good will come of this. Gather all your paperwork. If you signed anything and gave them money, a review of your option a trusted family attorney is worth it at this point.

After dealing with bad dealers, I'd personally be happy losing a couple hundred bucks and chalk it up to experience.

I have a dealers 5 & 10 minutes from my house. I bought my trailer from a dealer 4 hours away. Enough said. You will need to deal with them after you buy this. If it is bad now, it will not get better.

2017 Ford F350 Super Duty 6.7 King Ranch Crew
Sold the 2016 Crossroads Sunset Trail Grand Reserve 32BH
2020 Grand Design Momentum 320G
OhioMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 11:32 AM   #6
Site Team

Fretz rv in Souderton, PA has both of the Sunset Trails you are interested in.
http://www.fretzrv.com/
I bought a TT from them in the past and was very satisfied with their sales and service.

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 05:52 PM   #7
Full Time Camper

Hopefully you haven't forked over any money yet. If so, see if you can get it back. There is too much money involved here for you to settle for something you are not happy with. Shame on the dealer for selling you something they knew would not work for you. I wouldn't feel bad at all about stopping this purchase. Lloyd is right on that things probably won't get better from here. Good luck!
Valley 16K slider
Ride-Rite air bags
mike06081969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 06:08 PM   #8
Weekend Camper

I can also recommend White Horse RV, they are very easy to deal with!

2014 Crossroads Sunset Trail Reserve ST33PB
2013 Ford F150 SCREW 4X4 EcoBoost Max Tow 6'5" bed 3.73 Tuxedo Black
Equal-i-zer Hitch
SJEagles609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 04:37 PM   #9
New Camper

Thanks for everyones advice. A dealer in PA had a simular model last week but got a deposit for it I guess over week end. If I could resolve the slide topper problem for the front small pushout I guess I would be on may way.
Blueclawsfan Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 07:55 PM   #10
MIK
Weekend Camper

We got ours from White Horse and were treated very well also. Camping World is huge and you should be able to do well there too. For us White Horse was more on the ball and wanted to make the deal.because we were so far away they threw in something to make up for the extra gas and expense. I confirmed that Camping World would do warranty work because the drive was substantially less. Worked out nicely.