Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-18-2014, 08:37 AM   #21
Full Time Camper

I use a Garmin 2797 with 7" screen. Garmin makes an RV specific model with most of the same feature plus some RV add ons. I too also use lowclearances.com. It has saved my bacon a couple of times. Another free add on is poifactory.com, a great data base for points of interest. Using the free Garmin POI loader keeps the GPS up to date. My unit has lifetime traffic and map updates. I just d/l'd the newest Garmin map, 2015.1, yesterday.
Since we are in a motorhome I have shown my wife how to use the GPS. She navigates while I drive. The GPS is too far from the driver's seat in the MoHo. The 7" screen with lane guidance, "What's Ahead" and photo realistic exit information is outstanding. This is my third Garmin in eight years. I have compared all the others prior to buying the previous 1490LMT and the current 2797LMT. Yes, I am a Garmin man.

Art and Karen
2013 Itasca Sunstar 35F, 2013 Ford C Max toad.
170 nights in 2013
132 in 2014
artgpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 11:49 AM   #22
Family Vacation Member

Send a message via AIM to st.rodder2 Send a message via MSN to st.rodder2 Send a message via Yahoo to st.rodder2
Now Mark, that opens up a whole different can of worms LOL!!!! I'm sure there will be plenty of discussion on that one.

2015 Sunset Trail SF32RL
2012 Ford F250SD CC 4X4 - 6.7 Powerstroke

st.rodder2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 01:36 PM   #23
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark5w View Post
Tommy,

How come we park in driveways and drive on parkways???? Go figure.
Mark
I know why...AH...CAUSE we....YEAH.....AH NO I don't know... I give up why do we park on driveways and drive on parkways
2022 Alliance Avenue 32RLS

In God We Trust
A proud member of the one percent...Semper Fi
sleepyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 12:23 PM   #24
Weekend Camper

I purchased a Magellan from Camping World while passing through Washington state on a 3 month road trip. The TomTom I had been using ran us afoul several times, so I trashed it. The 1st Magellan had to be traded, as it had software glitches, but the second has been a charm. It is programmable for height, weight, width, etc. It also has lifetime map updates, etc.
Old 03-04-2015, 02:26 PM   #25
Weekend Camper

Smile I am a Garmin Man.

I run a Garmin RV 760 LMT with a 7" screen and Lowclearances POI, plus several POI files from the POI factory. Lifetime maps and Traffic, additional weather and traffic apps and along the route info available via samrtphone apps and blue tooth. Great voice recognition software to command by voice, great interface to smart phone for hands-free speakerphone, optional backup Camera ( I don't have it).
Unit also comes with POI software that warns you of sharp curves, steep hills restricted highways, tunnels etc. once you fill in your RVs profile.

I love this unit and with the POIs from Garmin & low clearances I am warned well in advance of any and all hazards - including weather, traffic and will reroute me Safely if I want it to ( can be auto reroute if desired).

Quite frankly this is the cats pajamas in terms of GPS's.

2012 335SS

2009 Chev 2500HD 6.0 L gas
Boomer is offline   Reply With Quote