Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-05-2012, 10:35 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

No nightmare for me. I shake every time I read one's sad report on something they have invested quite a sum of money but we have been living in a Rushmore 35CK for over four and one half months. Today we returned back to Camping World at Bath New York to have any and all issues addressed. Having been around campers and knowing there is no such thing as a camper built by man that won't have some issues. I also believe someone when they look me in the eye and tell me things will be taken care of under warranty. Our sales girl Val Hazzard was a gem and still is. I could highly recommend her to anyone purchasing a unit. Her husband is the service manager and is top notch also. It is so good to deal with folks like these. Any problems we had while out camping we emailed to them with photos and made an appointment to have them addressed October fifth. They were always so helpful. We arrived and had them all taken care of except for the chairs which have been ordered. A day night with a split pull (replaced), wrong textile pattern on one pair of dinette chairs (replaced with new right pattern), a cabinet door cracked on a glue joint (replaced), a too tight door latch (adjusted fine). . Our recliners were not working properly and one pulled apart where it was stapled together and are now on order. We gained a better understanding of our thermostat programs and found out we could not program our keyless entry lock so a new one is also now ordered. Now folks.......that was it. We are exceedingly pleased with our Crossroads Rushmore and I am sure our pride and excitement with ours has steered some of our friends to purchasing a Crossroads product. We have had a very enjoyable summer season in ours and look forward to many, many more.

Walkingstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 01:56 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

Send a message via MSN to tator447

Walkingstick,
Glad to hear such a testimonial about your unit. I have been through Bath, NY on occasion (I worked for the old D&H RR and traveled to Buffalo extensively) I enjoy taking the southern tier expressway when I go home, to Albany that is. There is a campground at the west end of a lake near the end of I-88 (may be Chattaqua, not sure) that we look forward to spending a night at on our trip back to NY. The southern tier expressway so reminds me of I-87, the Northway as we call it, with all the mountains, lakes and breathtaking views. If you live in or near Bath you are extremely lucky, pretty country. Good luck with your unit and many more miles of happy camping.

Jim

Jim & Linda Tator
Watertown, WI
2013 Crusier CF34SS GMC 3500 8.1L Dually
154 nights in 2013 - 4,370 miles
178 nights in 2014 - 5,082 miles
365 nights in 2015 - 6,040 miles
tator447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 02:51 AM   #3
Seasonal Camper

Our keyless entry would not work from the get go. They say they ordered a new one, but I'm not sure I even want it. I am totally unimpressed that it adds any measure of security to the door. Perhaps if you misplace the key....but, I'm not too bad about that.

2013 Chevy 3500HD
2012 Rushmore 38CK
2slick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 08:41 PM   #4
Full Time Camper

Good to hear Walkingstick! Sounds like me a year ago, hopefully you won't sound like me today! Almost traded this '11 for a '13 model at the Bath CW earlier this year and probably could have/should have, but didn't ........ Oh well.Take care and happy motoring!
Travel Well / Travel Safe ...

Edited by: Ruck

'12 F350(NotShown) / '11 Rushmore 35RL
https://i53.tinypic.com/2qs5cw3.jpg
Ruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 10:03 AM   #5
Weekend Camper

I too am very pleased with my 35rl. As usual, we have had our share of problems with the RV but that is to be expected. The positive side is that Crossroads has warrantied everything and Camping World ( Syracuse) has been great.

I had an earlier post about fading caps and just found out that Cross roads is going to take care of that also. VERY Pleased.
mhodge5300 is offline   Reply With Quote