Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-04-2014, 07:27 PM   #1
Weekend Camper

Black Tank Flush

When I now use my black tank flush, water pours out from beneath the belly fabric. I have been trying to determine where the sprayer is mounted so that I can tighten the loose fittings. I have a 2009 CF31MK. Is the sprayer mounted on the front of the tank or on the side closest to the flush connection? If it is on the side of the black does anyone know how far in it is from the frame?

Having this knowledge will help me determine if I totally need to loosen the belly fabric on all three sides or find a way to make a penetration through the fabric and seal it back up.

Alternately I might just use a flexible wand down the toilet (the toilet plumbing has two 45 degree elbows) and skip all the worrying about pressure regulation, blocked check valves, etc.

Any ideas?

Thanks

2006 GMC Sierra 2500 D/A
2009 CF31MK
JT Strongarm Stabilizers
Demco Glide Ride
Blue Sky Energy Solar Boost 2000E MPPT Controller
billyrabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 07:46 PM   #2
Full Time Camper

Bill
I would say that is a question for customer service. When you use the flush does any water go into the black tank at all.???
2022 Alliance Avenue 32RLS

In God We Trust
A proud member of the one percent...Semper Fi
sleepyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 07:49 PM   #3
Weekend Camper

Yes, a good amount of the water goes into the black tank, at least for now.

2006 GMC Sierra 2500 D/A
2009 CF31MK
JT Strongarm Stabilizers
Demco Glide Ride
Old 06-04-2014, 08:13 PM   #4
Site Team

If you don't repair it, it might leak when tank is getting full.

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 08:16 PM   #5
Full Time Camper

Bill
I am sorry to say I do NOT know where the flush enters the black tank.

In God We Trust
Old 06-05-2014, 07:09 PM   #6
Full Time Camper

billy
I am surprised that no one on this forum knew the answer to your question. Did you call customer service and get an answer from them? I would think the flush would be on the top of the tank, but that is just my guess.

In God We Trust
Old 06-05-2014, 07:13 PM   #7
Weekend Camper

I sent an e-mail to customer service but have not received a response, so I will call tomorrow.

2006 GMC Sierra 2500 D/A
2009 CF31MK
JT Strongarm Stabilizers
Demco Glide Ride
Old 06-05-2014, 07:20 PM   #8
Full Time Camper

Better check to make sure the fitting on the tank isn't broken. I had that happen on a new one a couple years ago. Hose was too short from the factory and had it in a bind, breaking the fitting off going down the road. That one went in on the top of the tank, but not sure about yours. I was able to use it until the new tank came in, but had to be careful not to let it fill all the way to the top.
Valley 16K slider
Ride-Rite air bags
mike06081969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 08:06 PM   #9
Full Time Camper

On my tank ('07), the flush fitting is on the end of the black tank (opposite of the drain end). It is mounted on the long side of the tank, 5" from the end and about 2/3 up from the bottom.
Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 09:34 AM   #10
Weekend Camper

Thanks for the information Stan. I just called Crossroads customer service and Bill Hodge provided a blueprint for the tank which confirms that the 2009 tank is the same.

2006 GMC Sierra 2500 D/A
2009 CF31MK
JT Strongarm Stabilizers
Demco Glide Ride
Old 06-06-2014, 04:33 PM   #11
TDG
Seasonal Camper

Try the air gap valve may be leaking water mine was under bathroom sink in my Jefferson poured water right in the cargo bay every time

2013 Jefferson
2006 Chev 3500 DRW
2009 Corvette
Tony & Joanne
Full Time
TDG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 07:42 PM   #12
New Camper

I have the same issue on an '05 cruiser I purchased last week, was hoping it was just a fitting issue, it leaks thru the underbelly fabric, can hear it spraying, but apparently nothing makes it into the tank
nitroZ7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 08:24 PM   #13
Full Time Camper

Nitro, your hose may have split or just come off the fitting. Your will need to partially pull down the membrane to see. What model do you have...
Old 10-02-2014, 08:23 AM   #14
Full Time Camper

Black Tank Flush on our Cruiser.

We did have the black tank (San-T-Flush) clog and I was successful in pulling down the belly liner from the opposite side of the black tank’s gate valve to make repairs. My flush hose entered the tank at the bottom of the black tank via a threaded drain orifice on the opposite end as the gate/flush valve. The associated check valve and vacuum breaker was located under the bathroom vanity.
So, with my system if the flush hose broke in the belly area the black tank might drain black water into the belly unless there is a tiny plastic check valve in the spray nozzle as it enters the tank; let’s hope so. I looked up an installation guide for the San-T-Flush to learn that the nozzle is supposed to be installed within 2” of the TOP of the tank. Hopefully your system is installed properly.
Experience has taught me that Vacuum Breakers eventually leak and the idea of DW’s supply of towels being soaked and musty prompted me to move the factory Check Valve and Vacuum Breaker to just behind the plumbing panel and as high as possible. Now if they do leak the water will drain on to the ground near the low point plumbing pipes. For 2+ years they have worked fine in the new location.
Belly Liner: We ran a length of Gorilla Take along the edge as gasketing and to prevent any ripping of the liner. Take a heat gun or hair-dryer to the tape and it will NEVER come loose. We were collecting road spray so we Gorilla Taped the front edge of the belly liner covering the metal strip as well. The problem was solved but you need to cut the tape to regain access.
Old 10-02-2014, 09:08 AM   #15
Full Time Camper

Kamper dave...I did the same as you as far as the seal. I was getting road spray as well above the liner and added tape, only I went all the way around the rig and taped the liner to the steel frame. Didn't think of the heat gun trick. Good idea.
Old 10-30-2014, 12:10 PM   #16
New Camper

Its an 05 cruiser 28RL, it sprays into the tank as well, but continues to leak out of the underbelly, although not as much with lower water pressure I've noticed, I think its just loose fitment myself, as I have.the same problem when I fill my freshwater tank to overflowing. I'm jus gonna have to suck it up and pull the underbelly down and see, lol, as bad as I hate too, and thanks!
nitroZ7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 03:08 PM   #17
Full Time Camper

Nitro, you probably don't need to pull the entire front portion of the liner down. The hose connects to the black tank on the opposite side of the drain valves on the rear side of the tank. I lowered my liner along the street side and was able to reach my arms in enough to make repairs.
Old 11-14-2014, 08:56 PM   #18
Weekend Camper

your black flush is equipped with a vacuum breaker and if it wasn't winterized it will break and leak. its mounted up higher then the tank, sometimes in unit under bathroom sink but some in under belly.