Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-08-2010, 02:03 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

Broke 4 out of 8 wheel studs on front right axle.
Not completely sure why they broke, but did drive over a curb slowly while avoiding an inattentive driver in a Culver's parking lot in Owatonna Minnesota.

Went to auto parts store for replacement parts - found out studs are NOT standard size in length or diameter of knurling. Bought some anyway and ground diameter of knurling down from 0.560 to 0.540 to match stock studs. Worked to get me home.
Called Dealer - no luck - they don't stock any - recommended I go to Auto Parts store - told them I did and size problem I had - they scratched their heads and said "don't-know".

Can anyone provide me a ready source of correct studs? and lug-nuts?

Also have an electrical short in interrogation lights above bed. 12 fuse blows. Lights in battery compartment and left side storage also affected. Dealer said good luck finding it. So much for the 2+5 warranty. Bought unit in January 2009, picked up in April 2009.

Also roof has two low spots that collect water, staining the roof. Dealer advice was "park it on a angled surface". WTF !!!!

Any (constructive) suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

2009 CrossRoads Seville VF35RL

2000 Ford F-350 Cr
oldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 02:07 AM   #2
Weekend Camper

Generator.

Ran my Honda EU6500is generator all weekend camping in my brothers yard.
Many relatives said they could not hear it running unless looking at it.
Even inside unit - you can't hear it unless you know what to listen for when load is applied.

2000 Ford F-350 Cr
Old 09-08-2010, 03:03 AM   #3
Full Time Camper

Find the axle manufacturer and talk to them. Not sure what axle you have. Dexter axle might also be able to help.

Are the low spots on the roof soft when stepped on? There have been some people who have had truss issues. I have a low spot but it is not soft and I do my best to angle the rig when in storage to help the water run off.

Pull off the light fixtures (one at a time) and see if the fuse still blows. I have seen the wires run helter skelter over and around framing and such and you may have a pinched wire. It could also be a staple going through the wire or a bad connection. Has that issue always been present? I would think your dealer should cover this under warrantee.

Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 03:08 AM   #4
Full Time Camper

I would check for another service center close to you or call factory and request authorization for someone else to fix problems.
2010 CF30SK Patriot
2007 CF30SK
dalemac377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 08:16 AM   #5
Full Time Camper

When I needed to get a replacement stud, same problem, auto parts stores don't stock the right size. Had to go to trailer supply store, the kind that sells stock trailers/etc and installs custom hitches. Picked up a few spares that I keep in my tool box.

Texas Baptist Men-Retiree Builders member since '01
13 Silverado 3500HD D/A, 2wd CCSB srw, custom RKI bed
11 Cruiser CF32MK
https://www.picturetrail.com/dayle1
Dayle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 11:11 PM   #6
Family Vacation Member

Since you are in Minnesota I would highly recommend Kroubetz RV in Lake Crystal, Mn (just outside of Mankato) for your service work. They do Crossroads Warranty work. I have had work doneat quite a few different repair shops in Minnesota and Iowa with a variety of units that we have owned but this service shop is as good as it gets. I have seen them do work on other units (not mine) involving major structure work, excellent fiberglass repair, results better than expected, do not keep your rig unless they are actually working on it, and above all, they treat you like you are doing them a favor by bringing your problems there. No, they are not my relatives and I have no association with their business other than a customer. They just do such a good job that I want people to know about them.

2012 Cruiser CF325CKP

2010 Ford F-350 6.4 SB 4wd

W0CSC

Semper Fi 59-63
calliopeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 12:24 AM   #7
New Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman
Broke 4 out of 8 wheel studs on front right axle.

Not completely sure why they broke, but did drive over a curb slowly while avoiding an inattentive driver in a Culver's parking lot in Owatonna Minnesota.

Went to auto parts store for replacement parts - found out studs are NOT standard size in length or diameter of knurling. Bought some anyway and ground diameter of knurling down from 0.560 to 0.540 to match stock studs. Worked to get me home.

Called Dealer - no luck - they don't stock any - recommended I go to Auto Parts store - told them I did and size problem I had - they scratched their heads and said "don't-know".

Can anyone provide me a ready source of correct studs? and lug-nuts?

Also have an electrical short in interrogation lights above bed. 12 fuse blows. Lights in battery compartment and left side storage also affected. Dealer said good luck finding it. So much for the 2+5 warranty. Bought unit in January 2009, picked up in April 2009.

Also roof has two low spots that collect water, staining the roof. Dealer advice was "park it on a angled surface". WTF !!!!

Any (constructive) suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
I just purchase a new 2011 seville model 36sb, & not very please with it , all kinds of troubles. I Think I got a Friday evening trailer.
Ralph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 01:01 AM   #8
Seasonal Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph

I just purchase a new 2011 seville model 36sb, & not very please with it , all kinds of troubles. I Think I got a Friday evening trailer.

What kind of problems are you having? Just saying all kinds is a little vague and does not help anyone reading this forum. Normally Crossroads has been very good at correcting problems with their trailers. What have they not corrected?
rcflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 03:02 AM   #9
New Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcflyer
Quote:

What kind of problems are you having? Just saying all kinds is a little vague and does not help anyone reading this forum. Normally Crossroads has been very good at correcting problems with their trailers. What have they not corrected?
I will give everyone an update on everything with my Seville as soon as the Don Emahiser( I think he's the Pres. of CR ) calls me back.I like to say that I had a Crusier before the Seville & never had a prob.
Ralph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 03:58 AM   #10
Seasonal Camper

Quote:

I will give everyone an update on everything with my Seville as soon as the Don Emahiser( I think he's the Pres. of CR ) calls me back.I like to say that I had a Crusier before the Seville & never had a prob.

Good luck with that phone callhttp://rv-pro.com/news/redwood-rv-th...key-executives, unless you know him personally I don't believe Donis involved with customer service.
https://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l1...04/TheRig3.jpg
scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 11:49 AM   #11
Full Time Camper

Don is the new Pres.

<DIV id=ms__id132>

<DIV id=ms__id133>http://www.crossroadsrv.com/about/ne...sp?news_id=139

<DIV id=ms__id136>

<DIV id=ms__id134>

<DIV id=ms__id135>If he calls you back great, because it would really show the level of service that CR provides. If hedoesn't just keep in mind that I'm still waiting for Obama to call me back on a message I left for him, on how his policies arerunning this country into the ground. And Obama works for me and you.

'07 F250 Diesel Crew Cab 4x4

'08 CF30QB

Reese Signature Slider 18k Hitch
salda01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 02:30 PM   #12
Seasonal Camper

Those policies were pretty much into the ground when he took over. And yes you are correct he's working for you and I...... at least me....I'm not in that top 1%.
Tom&Denice, Carmel,Betsy, Brighton&Daisy(Rescued Cockers)YukonXL 2500 8.1 4:10 CT31GR https://i276.photobucket.com/albums/k...ofP1010009.jpg
ClassicHammond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 01:23 AM   #13
Weekend Camper

For service work or issues with any Crossroads product call Randy Michner at

(260) 593-0185. He is man who is the head of service at the factory. If he ia busy leave a message and he will call back, if not that day then the next. They don't come any better than Randy.

Cigar Mike

2004.5 2500 Dodge CTD

2005 Cruiser 29CK with all the options

mgratner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 01:57 PM   #14
Weekend Camper

Finally got an answer out of my dealer - PleasureLand RV in Ramsey,MN - "call Lippert - maybe they can help you." They did give me a phone number to try.

Some warranty - piss poor dealer service - All I need is 8 studs and 4 lugnuts - under $100 and piss poor response.

2000 Ford F-350 Cr
Old 09-14-2010, 09:43 PM   #15
Full Time Camper

I thought the reason we bought new was so someone our dealer would handle the problems. I would call Randy at crossroads and tell him I wasn't getting any help.
cwit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 04:23 AM   #16
Seasonal Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman
Finally got an answer out of my dealer - PleasureLand RV in Ramsey,MN - "call Lippert - maybe they can help you." They did give me a phone number to try.

I would not accept that as an answer from my dealer and neither should you. Contact whomever told you than and give them a chance to change their tune. If not, ask to be transferred to the owner or manager of the dealership.

The dealer I purchased from (Ozark Ford, Ozark MO) has always immediately taken care of any issue. They have even "drop shipped" items to me in order to keep me from having to drive to their location.

Viet Nam Vet 70-71 Da Nang

Real airplanes have two wings and big, round, engines
BipeFlier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 12:16 PM   #17
Weekend Camper

Still no help from my dealer or Lippert.

Will fix on my own - so fed up with warranty stuff and insurance companies - another issue.

2000 Ford F-350 Cr
Old 02-23-2011, 11:21 AM   #18
Family Vacation Member

I would find me a new dealer quick like. The first answer should have sent up a red flag; the second answer would have you run (not walk) away quickly. Then a letter to CR to finish it up.

Jim & Linda with Candy Bar and Misty
'06 Chev 3500 DuraMax w/Banks
'10 Seville
'09 GL1800 Hannigan Trike
GSCM USN(Ret)
ALR,PGR,VFW 3788, AL460
Triker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 09:17 PM   #19
Full Time Camper

Call Randy at Crossroads. If your dealer won't help you can bet lippert won't. Lippert won't do anything unless

crossroads is involved.
cwit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 09:59 PM   #20
Family Vacation Member

I had a brake problem on my Kingston and it was very difficult to find (thin film of grease on brake drums). I finally took it to Toppers Plus in Mankato. The do a high volume repair on anything that can be towed behind a pickup and immediately found the problem. They did the repair and took pictures of the problem for me. I sent the bill ($214) and pictures to Lippert...received re-imbursement in full. I don't think I want to go on record saying this is standard procedure but it worked for me.

2012 Cruiser CF325CKP

2010 Ford F-350 6.4 SB 4wd

W0CSC

Semper Fi 59-63
calliopeguy is offline   Reply With Quote