Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-06-2013, 06:12 AM   #21
Site Team

Keith, you better pay attention to this thread. If you "ever"retire and decide you might want to get out of the oven once in awhile, this will be good info to have. This is just as good as two AC units.
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 06:16 AM   #22
Full Time Camper

Trust me Lloyd, once we retire the Summers will be spent someplace cool and then back down here for the Winters and hunting season. We have had our unit for 5 years and I don't even know if the propanefurnace is broke in yet......
Hunter11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 06:26 AM   #23
Full Time Camper

Keith I think I could handle that arrangement after living in Rhode Island all my life. Lloyd is even further north he probably has stock in propane
Reese 16K Slider Wet Bolts
socoguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 10:33 AM   #24
Seasonal Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by gah171
I emailed Crossroads and they wanted pics of the duct and furnace.Â* They said we should have more than 2 ducts coming out.Â* HeÂ* said to knock out another knockout from the furnace and add another hose and "Y" to one of the hoses and it should get more out of the furnace.Â* I don't know why it would make more of an air flow?Â* Maybe I'm wrong in my thinking?
I agree with you. More duct work isn't going to increase flow that already has low volume.
Reese DC
hondavalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 11:11 AM   #25
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by gah171
I emailed Crossroads and they wanted pics of the duct and furnace. They said we should have more than 2 ducts coming out. He said to knock out another knockout from the furnace and add another hose and "Y" to one of the hoses and it should get more out of the furnace. I don't know why it would make more of an air flow? Maybe I'm wrong in my thinking?

If there is blockage in the main rectangular duct under the furnace, then running a round flex duct from one of the side outlets of the furnace will help with air flow.

One other possibility, the motor has two fans on it, one pulls in outside air for combustion and then exhausts it thru the outside vent. Air flow thru the vent must be good or the 'sail switch' will not close, but check it anyway, put your hand over the exhaust vent with the blower running. The other fan is the one that moves air thru the ducts, I'm not sure how it is attached to the motor shaft, but maybe it is loose and slipping on the shaft?

Texas Baptist Men-Retiree Builders member since '01
13 Silverado 3500HD D/A, 2wd CCSB srw, custom RKI bed
11 Cruiser CF32MK
https://www.picturetrail.com/dayle1
Dayle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 04:32 AM   #26
Weekend Camper

We just brought our 5th wheel back from an RV dealer and wanted them to look at the furnace as to why there is no air flow. He called the next day and said that he put a kleenex over the vent and it blew it off. Big deal! There is hardly any air flow whatsoever compared to our Jayco we had. He also said with 3 slides and the length of the 5th wheel, we are losing the air flow. He tried to say these newer furnaces are this way and have no air flow. BULL!! Also to get a bigger furnace. Does everyone here that has a 35' Cruiser have a 30,000 BTU and get hardly any air flow? I am stumped with this. I don't think he wanted to work on it since we didn't buy it from him as he said that a few times. I still cannot believe these are the way the new furnaces are! We'll put it away for the winter and try to come up with solutions for this!
gah171 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 06:04 AM   #27
Full Time Camper

I say BS, do you feel like a chimney? My 285 had enough airflow it would lift a bath mat off it in the bathroom area. 4 ducts total. IIRC. My new one would barely lift a kleenex as you said and I took it in. One hose was completely off and the heater itself was not sealed correctly. That's what the dealer said, I'll know more when I pick it up and let you know about airflow.
2009 Ford Lariat F350 SRW CC Diesel
2013 Cruiser CF305SK Patriot Edition
avvidclif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 10:39 AM   #28
Weekend Camper

I still say it has to be something simple and we're just overlooking it. Yes, please let me know what you find out! Whenever we had cool evenings, we would use the fireplace and a electric heater to keep warm!
Old 11-06-2013, 01:24 PM   #29
Full Time Camper

Send a message via MSN to tator447

I agree with Cliff and the others. I have a 2013 36' Cruiser and my furnace will take me from 60 to 68 in less than 10 minutes. And as the others have said, mine moves the towels on the towel bar back and forth. And, as far as them telling you to hook up another connection to the furnace, sorry, if that was what was needed then it should have been done when it was built. No, IMHO you need to get this taken care of while you are still under warranty, it could end up being something more than any of us have thought of, in which case you don't want to be on the hook for the cost. Get this well documented so you are not holding the bag on this. Good luck whatever you choose to do.

Travel well,
Jim

Jim & Linda Tator
Watertown, WI
2013 Crusier CF34SS GMC 3500 8.1L Dually
154 nights in 2013 - 4,370 miles
178 nights in 2014 - 5,082 miles
365 nights in 2015 - 6,040 miles
tator447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 09:35 AM   #30
Weekend Camper

On our 2013 Cruiser Sahara, we have a SF30Q furnace, which is 30,000 BTU...is that the standard furnace that comes in it? I'm just curious what size everyone else has in theirs. I'm considering getting a 40,000