Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-09-2014, 07:59 AM   #21
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunset4K View Post
Hi Everyone, As a current Heartland owner considering a Rushmore, I have been lurking around here for a while. First I can tell you that our 2013 Heartland Elkridge spent almost 3 months in and out of the dealer for repairs during the first year we owned it...so I believe the poor workmanship issues are industry wide. Our problems began day one when after 5 days on the road we discovered that the shower drain pipe was never hooked up to the shower pan at the factory so the water drained into the underbelly!!! That was one of only 27 items on the FIRST repair list. Its back in for more warranty work now with a total of 12 things. My husband has replaced all the drawer slides with better ones. He reinstalled all the drawer bottoms by gluing and re-stapling them.

Having said all this, I am most concerned about the many posts I have read that the Crossroads company is not responding to requests for assistance from owners. Heartland does appear to be more responsive, based on what I read on their forum and how they have handled our warranty issues.

While we love the Washington floorplan and it would work so much better for us than our ELkridge floorplan, we are really taking a step back at this point before going forward with the Rushmore purchase. Very concerned at what we are reading here....

There are numerous Rushmore owners on the forum. Hopefully some of them will see your post and reply. If not, you might want to PM RJHewitt
I believe they are full timing in theirs and seem to be very happy with it. I remember her stating, after they got a good dealer that was willing to work for them on their rig it was a real blessing.
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 08:33 AM   #22
Site Team

The term "The squeaky wheel gets the grease" is true until the squeak turns confrontational and demanding. I have seen posts on here where the owner was very satisfied when dealing with Crossroad, yet others get no satisfaction at all. Makes you think, how did each owner deal with Crossroads??? I sometimes believe it depends on the "squeak."

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 11:19 AM   #23
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark5w View Post
The term "The squeaky wheel gets the grease" is true until the squeak turns confrontational and demanding. I have seen posts on here where the owner was very satisfied when dealing with Crossroad, yet others get no satisfaction at all. Makes you think, how did each owner deal with Crossroads??? I sometimes believe it depends on the "squeak."

Totally agree.

I also believe Crossroads gets blamed for alot of Dealer short comings

Jason & Wendy
2014 Ford F-350 Lariat 6.7L PSD
2015 Keystone Montana 3711FL
B&W Patriot 16K Fifth Wheel Hitch
cw3jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 06:54 PM   #24
Full Time Camper

I'll say this over and over again and so have many others. Your dealer makes all the difference in the world. Crossroads has been great to us with the help of Lazy Days in Tampa, Fl.

Bert, Cathy, Kylie & Kaitlin
2014 SunsetTrail Reserve 32BH
2009 Silverado 3500HD LTZ 4X4 6.6L Duramax
YouTube LetsRV Instagram LetsRV_
Bert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 07:43 PM   #25
New Camper

Thanks to all of you for your thoughtful insight. I have had private messages from some of you that have helped a lot. It is nice to hear that there are satisfied owners out there. We will probably take another look at the Washington as a replacement for our Elkridge.
Thanks again!!
sunset4K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 07:46 PM   #26
Site Team

Best of luck.
Please keep in touch.
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 08:24 PM   #27
Full Time Camper

Now that's not nice. I sure there trying they best to build the highest quality RV Available. "NOT"
Faribault MN
LeBo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 08:44 PM   #28
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeBo View Post
Now that's not nice. I sure there trying they best to build the highest quality RV Available. "NOT"
They're no worse than the other brands. I've had several.
Valley 16K slider
Ride-Rite air bags
mike06081969 is offline   Reply With Quote