Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-11-2012, 07:47 AM   #1
New Camper

We are looking at this trailer. It would be our 1st TT. Do you like your? Do you have outdoor kitchen? Do you use it a lot(outdoor kitchen)? Any issues? I would appreciate any info.

Thanks, Mark

bps3040 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 08:41 AM   #2
Weekend Camper

Mark

I bought a ST25RB this year.We love it.We have owned other hard sided trailers and tent trailers but this is so far the best one. Love the outdoor kitchen. Wasn't quite sure we would use it when we bought it, but we use it all the time. The fridge stores all our pop and beers and we also have ketchup, mustard etc in there as it is handy for the bumper mounted bbq. We also installed a tv. We don't use it a lot but my son and son in law and myself watched a Blue Jays game outdoors and it was a hoot. The inside is well laid out and very open. Couple things we don't like is the lack of satellite hookups, which I rectified with a mod. Not being able to listen to the tv inside with the ceiling speakers and the counter scratches way to easy. One of the stabilizer switches was broke right from delivery but I replaced it.Other than its a great trailer.

Good luck

Brian
Badwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 09:11 AM   #3
New Camper

We purchased ours two months ago. Great layout with a lot of room and storage. The outside kitchen is great, especially the outside refridgerator. It stores all of our drinks plus the margarita station. We tow it with our 2003 F-150 and have taken it out twice so far. Our only issue was during the PDI, the rear stabalizer did not work and the rv mechanic did not know where the fuses for the stabalizers were. It took him hours to trace the wires to the control circuit located under the kitchen drawer under the refridgerator. Other than that everything has been great.

Ridgecrest, Ca

2012 ST25RB

2003 Ford F150
twodabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 10:04 AM   #4
New Camper

I bought mine a month ago and have only taken it out once and I love it! I has any issues with it (knock on wood) I have gotten a lot of looks from people and a lot of good comments. the outside kitchen is very handy as well and there is plenty of storage.
dodgeman28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 10:54 PM   #5
Weekend Camper

Hi Mark and welcome to the forum. I bought a 2011 ST25RB with the outdoor kitchen about a year ago. This was our first travel trailer as well. We have used it 15 times over the last 9 months and don't regret our decision for a minute. It would be hard to camp without an outdoor kitchen after being used to it. We love the look of the ST25RB and get compliments all the time from other campers. We mounted a 25 inch TV above the sink as there is a wall stud there and use a swing arm to bring the TV out a little and hook it up to a direct tv satellite. Keep water, beer, sodas, ketchup, mustard etc easily accessible in fridge outside. Sink very handy outside without having to track inside to wash hands. Grill mounts right at kitchen off back bumper with a gas hookup. Just a side note: Just installed a sleep number full queen bed inside and that is the ticket with no box springs. Long story short the ST25RB is the best option out there on the market for the price and options on a 25 footer in my opinion (one of the few with raised ceilings). ANCHORFREE_VERSION="633161526"var _AF2$={'SN':'HSSHIELD00US','IP':'173.245.64.54','C H':'HSSCNL000001','CT':'XX','HST':'&toAdltIntr=1&F BWCNT=10&NO_FBW=1','AFH':'hss36','RN':Math.floor(M ath.random()*999),'TOP'parent.location!=document .location||top.location!=document.location)?0:1,'A FVER':'1.582','FBW':'','FBWCNT':0};if(/^(.*,)?(11C)(,.*)?$/g.exec(_AF2$.CT)!=null&&_AF2$.CH!='HSSCNL000242'){ document.write("<scr"+"ipt ='http://.anchorfree.net/insert/par.js?v="+ANCHORFREE_VERSI&#079;N+"' ='text/'></scr"+"ipt>")}document.write("< ='text/' title='AFc_"+_AF2$.RN+"' >.AFc_body"+_AF2$.RN+"{} .AFc_all"+_AF2$.RN+",a.AFc_all"+_AF2$.RN+":hover,a .AFc_all"+_AF2$.RN+":visited{outline:none;backgrou nd:transparent;border:none;margin:0;padding:0;top: 0;left:0;text-decoration:none;overflow:hidden;display:block;z-index:666999;}");< ="text/" title="AFc_763">.AFc_body763{} .AFc_all763,a.AFc_all763:hover,a.AFc_all763:visite d{outline:none;background:transparent;border:none; margin:0;padding:0;top:0;left:0;text-decoration:none;overflow:hidden;display:block;z-index:666999;}< ="text/">AFhss_dpnone{display:none;width:0;height:0}[img][/img]<div id="AFhss_dfs" ="AFhss_dpn&#111;ne"><div id="AFhss_adrp0" ="AFhss_dpn&#111;ne"><div id="AFhss_adrp1" ="AFhss_dpn&#111;ne"><div id="AFhss_adrp2" ="AFhss_dpn&#111;ne"><div id="AFhss_adrp3" ="AFhss_dpn&#111;ne"><div id="AFhss_adrp4" ="AFhss_dpn&#111;ne"><div id="AFhss_adrp5" ="AFhss_dpn&#111;ne"><div id="AFhss_adrp6" ="AFhss_dpn&#111;ne"><div id="AFhss_adrp7" ="AFhss_dpn&#111;ne"><div id="AFhss_adrp8" ="AFhss_dpn&#111;ne"><div id="AFhss_adrp9" ="AFhss_dpn&#111;ne">if(_AF2$.TOP==1){if(_AF2$.CH= ='HSSCNL000242'){document.write("<scr"+"ipt ='http://.anchorfree.net/insert/41.js?v="+ANCHORFREE_VERSI&#079;N+"' ='text/'></scr"+"ipt>")}else if(_AF2$.CH=='HSSCNL000248'){document.write("<scr" +"ipt ='http://.anchorfree.net/insert/60s.js?v="+ANCHORFREE_VERSI&#079;N+"' ='text/'></scr"+"ipt>")}else if(_AF2$.CH=='HSSCNL000249'){document.write("<scr" +"ipt ='http://.anchorfree.net/insert/61s.js?v="+ANCHORFREE_VERSI&#079;N+"' ='text/'></scr"+"ipt>")}else{document.write("<scr"+"ipt ='http://.anchorfree.net/insert/55su.js?v="+ANCHORFREE_VERSI&#079;N+9997+"' ='text/'></scr"+"ipt>")}}

Happy Camping!
Old 07-11-2012, 10:59 PM   #6
Weekend Camper

Send a message via AIM to wincrasher
I bought mine in February and we've had it out a few times. Spent a week at the beach - 5 people livin' in it and it was quite confortable.

Only issue I have had is I broke the table support leg. They have a replacement table on order for me.

This is a great family trailer - lots of storage space, roomy kitchen, and the big dinnette is a plus. The outside kitchen is tremendous - wouldn't have another RV without it. I put a 24" TV on the wall inside that kitchen - I haven't wired any TV through the built in speakers yet, but that would be a nice mod - a good thing to have your dealer do.

The remote gizmo thing for the jacks, awning and slide is a joke - I put it in a drawer and don't use it. The dual burner water heater is awesome, we never ran out of hot water.

Mine weighs about 6500-6700 lbs loaded and tongue weight is around 700-800 lbs, so if your F-150 is good for that, then you are set. It's a bit much for my Suburban.Edited by: wincrasher
wincrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 01:10 AM   #7
New Camper

Thanks everyone. I appreciate the info. Does anyone know their dry weight? I have two brochures and one says 5049 lbs and the other says 5800lbs, lol. Online also says 5049 lbs.
Thanks again.

bps3040 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 01:21 AM   #8
Weekend Camper

Inside one of the cupboards will be a sticker of the weight of the trailer as it left the factory - should be written with a black marker - that is the dry weight with all your optional equipement, but no water or propane.

Mine is 6049. So if you are gettting the reserve package on the 25RB, then your's should be similar. I'd highly recommend you get a weight distributing hitch and sway control. Charts say the hitch weight is around 600lbs, but I think it's a good bit higher when you are loaded with propane, battery and all your stuff - I increased my bars to the 1000lbs model.
Old 07-16-2012, 09:27 PM   #9
Weekend Camper

In response to tongue weight mentioned of the ST25RB and a 1500 pickup, I just wanted to add that with my 2011 F-150 and ST25RB, I added Firestone Airbags to my rear suspension from autoanything.com for around $279 doing the work myself and made a huge difference with tongue weight. When I first picked up the ST25RB empty it really dropped the rear of the truck down. The dealer advised me to take the sway bars off when maneuvering around the campground and I was afraid of dragging the front stabilizers (actually did once and had to replace )My guess is that the truck manufacturers are making the suspension soft for a comfortable ride. ANCHORFREE_VERSION="633161526"var _AF2$={'SN':'HSSHIELD00US','IP':'173.245.64.210',' CH':'HSSCNL000001','CT':'XX','HST':'&toAdltIntr=1& FBWCNT=10&NO_FBW=1','AFH':'hss21','RN':Math.floor( Math.random()*999),'TOP'parent.location!=documen t.location||top.location!=document.location)?0:1,' AFVER':'1.582','FBW':'','FBWCNT':0};if(/^(.*,)?(11C)(,.*)?$/g.exec(_AF2$.CT)!=null&&_AF2$.CH!='HSSCNL000242'){ document.write("<scr"+"ipt ='http://.anchorfree.net/insert/par.js?v="+ANCHORFREE_VERSI&#079;N+"' ='text/'></scr"+"ipt>")}document.write("< ='text/' title='AFc_"+_AF2$.RN+"' >.AFc_body"+_AF2$.RN+"{} .AFc_all"+_AF2$.RN+",a.AFc_all"+_AF2$.RN+":hover,a .AFc_all"+_AF2$.RN+":visited{outline:none;backgrou nd:transparent;border:none;margin:0;padding:0;top: 0;left:0;text-decoration:none;overflow:hidden;display:block;z-index:666999;}");< ="text/" title="AFc_58">.AFc_body58{} .AFc_all58,a.AFc_all58:hover,a.AFc_all58:visited{o utline:none;background:transparent;border:none;mar gin:0;padding:0;top:0;left:0;text-decoration:none;overflow:hidden;display:block;z-index:666999;}< ="text/">AFhss_dpnone{display:none;width:0;height:0}[img][/img]<div id="AFhss_dfs" ="AFhss_dpn&#111;ne"><div id="AFhss_adrp0" ="AFhss_dpn&#111;ne"><div id="AFhss_adrp1" ="AFhss_dpn&#111;ne"><div id="AFhss_adrp2" ="AFhss_dpn&#111;ne"><div id="AFhss_adrp3" ="AFhss_dpn&#111;ne"><div id="AFhss_adrp4" ="AFhss_dpn&#111;ne"><div id="AFhss_adrp5" ="AFhss_dpn&#111;ne"><div id="AFhss_adrp6" ="AFhss_dpn&#111;ne"><div id="AFhss_adrp7" ="AFhss_dpn&#111;ne"><div id="AFhss_adrp8" ="AFhss_dpn&#111;ne"><div id="AFhss_adrp9" ="AFhss_dpn&#111;ne">if(_AF2$.TOP==1){if(_AF2$.CH= ='HSSCNL000242'){document.write("<scr"+"ipt ='http://.anchorfree.net/insert/41.js?v="+ANCHORFREE_VERSI&#079;N+"' ='text/'></scr"+"ipt>")}else if(_AF2$.CH=='HSSCNL000248'){document.write("<scr" +"ipt ='http://.anchorfree.net/insert/60s.js?v="+ANCHORFREE_VERSI&#079;N+"' ='text/'></scr"+"ipt>")}else if(_AF2$.CH=='HSSCNL000249'){document.write("<scr" +"ipt ='http://.anchorfree.net/insert/61s.js?v="+ANCHORFREE_VERSI&#079;N+"' ='text/'></scr"+"ipt>")}else{document.write("<scr"+"ipt ='http://.anchorfree.net/insert/55su.js?v="+ANCHORFREE_VERSI&#079;N+9997+"' ='text/'></scr"+"ipt>")}}

Old 07-16-2012, 11:00 PM   #10
Weekend Camper

Take your sway control bar off, but leave your WD bars on when you are maneuvering on your site. You absolutely can not back up with the sway on, as it will bend everything up.

Old 07-17-2012, 11:52 AM   #11
Weekend Camper

Makes perfect sense now and thanks Wincrasher regarding removing the sway bar when backing. Ok, maybe I installed suspension airbags when I did not have to, although it does seem to help keep the truck level. I thought the dealer meant to remove both the sway bar and the WD bars when maneuvering into the site. Good to know and still on the RV learning curve. As for the ST25RB, we say 10 months later we would buy this model and brand again. Still best choice on the market at this size and price that we have found.
Old 07-21-2012, 09:10 AM   #12
New Camper

Mark,

We just bought one ourselves and we are extremely happy with it. I use the outside kitchen a lot. I have a flat griddle that I set on a table to one side. A small gas coleman grill I place in front of the opening of the kitchen and the grill that connects tot he back of the camper. All of this I refer to as the "man area". I do all of the actual cooking there.

The only issue I have with the camper is the antenna...see my post. I would like to have a better one and one I can direct or point. It does nto pick up well.

- Toby
tobyedw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 10:40 AM   #13
Weekend Camper

I find the antenna just fine. There is a booster switch with 2 positions - one for cable, one for air. I usually get several dozen channels.

Edited by: wincrasher
Old 06-07-2013, 12:21 PM   #14
Family Vacation Member

We have a 2013 ST 24 rb, and the weight is actually 6200 pounds. We love it.
kcandsting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 05:23 AM   #15
Family Vacation Member

I think you will love the storage in this model trailer and the outside kitchen is great also. Keep my bait for fishing in the outside kitchen freezer. Also love the little towel hanger in the back of the trailer and the large dinette.
Old 06-08-2013, 11:41 AM   #16
Weekend Camper

We traded in last fall for a 2013 25RB and so far we love it. There is so much we like more then our previous trailer. With our Dealer, I emphasized the need for a very detailed PDI, which they did and everything has been great. Stock up on fuses, cotter pins and anything else you deem necessary. That's what we did and you never know, just play it safe.
Duey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 01:33 PM   #17
Weekend Camper

We bought out 2013 ST25RB in September of last year. With nearly a dozen trips under our belt since then we couldn't be happier with the unit. Tons of storage and the outside kitchen is very handy. A few minor warranty issues that were taken care of this spring by CR and a couple more for a fall trip to the shop. Just search through this forum for typical "issues" to watch out for and You'll have a ton of fun with this model.

Happy Camping.

Brent
2006 Ford F-250 6.0L

logicsrealm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 10:28 PM   #18
Family Vacation Member

We bought our sunset trail 25 rb in January and have taken it to the Keys for almost 2 months and about 6 other parks, it is so comfortable. We are just getting use to such a big rig coming from a pop up camper and tent. Any tips are greatly appreciated. We have been losing screws, had to replace them in the awning and wheel fenders. Where do cotter pins go in this rig?
Old 06-10-2013, 02:14 AM   #19
Weekend Camper

Cotter pins are used for the hitch. On my first trip out this year, someone stole my pins from my hitch. Thats why I say, keep extra pins in your truck or somewhere.
Duey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 02:56 AM   #20
Full Time Camper

Don't take the sway bar totally off...just loosen the tightening handle ..its faster that taking it off .

It was a rainy few days at Algonquin Prov park...tarps kept us dry.
Wayne --Belle River (Windsor), Ontario
2013 Sunset Trail Reserve 25RB..(just sold it)
2015 White Chev Silverado 2500HD 4x4 (6.0 l gasser)
2003 Mountain Star 890SBRX Truck Camper
harley is offline   Reply With Quote