Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-08-2014, 08:30 AM   #1
Family Vacation Member

Send a message via AIM to st.rodder2 Send a message via MSN to st.rodder2 Send a message via Yahoo to st.rodder2
Radio reception and TV antenna booster

Hi All, Does anyone know what type of antenna is used and how it is connected? I have the Jensen AWM968 unit and noticed that unless I turn on the TV antenna booster button I will not get any FM radio stations. Of course you cannot watch TV and have radio on at the same time. Has anyone changed the radio antenna and to what type? Right now the trailer is at the campground and I haven't been able to pull the radio out to investage. Thanks in advance. John

2015 Sunset Trail SF32RL
2012 Ford F250SD CC 4X4 - 6.7 Powerstroke

st.rodder2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 10:02 AM   #2
Weekend Camper

The Jensen ant. does double duty for both TV and FM. and you can do both by just switching the Source on the Stereo. (Unless you have the audio on the TV exclusively coming out of the Stereo).You leave the booster switch on all the time to run both. As far as replacement goes, you could do just about anything, Separate FM ant., Replace your Jensen, etc. Both involve Cutting your Roof and resealing and rewire. Or u can Have CW do it.
Old 09-14-2014, 05:43 AM   #3
New Camper

Howdy folks!! We have a Z1 crossroads and cannot get reception on our radio I read something about the booster but If I turn the booster on we lose TV because we are on cable any help would sure be appreciated!!! Thanks in advance nd sullivan
ndsullivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 06:55 PM   #4
New Camper

Dealers that service warranty issues

We have a 2015 crossroad zinger and need a dealer near centralia, mo that could fix a few of the problems that are still under warranty?
Thanks for any help anyone can provide
kd0itg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 06:57 PM   #5
Site Team

This isn't much help I'm afraid, but the radio that came with our rig was also junk. I took it out and that is where it ended up, the garbage can.
We now carry a small radio that will operate on either AC or DC, with it's own batteries. Sure took care of the frustration.
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote