Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-27-2010, 01:53 AM   #41
Family Vacation Member

Well I picked up my rig this morning and it's still broke. We tried the slide before I left the dealership and it did come out this time but....The tech saidthe problem does not appear to be the tin cup that we thought it was. He is hoping Lippert will come through with a new motor and mechanism. The clutch is also out now so during the interim I have to be careful when closing the slide. At least we can still use it but I wish the slide on the street side was bad instead cuz now I have to crawl under the street side to access the shaft with the crank. I don't know how much the repair bill is so far on my rig to Lippert but I would think that would kinda move things along a little quicker. I just hope this doesn't get to be a Crossroads/Lippert battle and I would certainly feel bad if somehow I got involved financially cuz its only 3 months old. The tech at the dealership has an excellent attitude and skill so I know he will get 'er done. I just hope he doesn't get tired of me calling him every Monday morning

2012 Cruiser CF325CKP

2010 Ford F-350 6.4 SB 4wd

W0CSC

Semper Fi 59-63
calliopeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 02:17 AM   #42
Weekend Camper

Excuse me....but a positive attitude hasnt helped so far!! Sorry I am so negative...but reading about all these problems does not make me very happy. I have NO faith in Crossroads. So sorry we didnt do more research before we bought! We are 4 weeks with no rv!!
bmwmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 12:52 PM   #43
Weekend Camper

calliopeguy...I know how you feel....I had a good camper.....i did reasearch and had god feedback from the crossroads business...that is what I do not understand...and to tell you the truth the dealer that I am dealing with has bent over backward to help me. ...The other thing about the slide///I have not fix at this time...They have fixed and fixed and fixed and everytime it was suposed to be fixed.....well you should know the story....I think there is more to this story than I can tell. but...but...but... hopefully with the manufacture involved in the process ...maybe there is some hope....but if no results this time the church is out and someone needs to loose their jobs.. I worked in the the petrochemical industry for 40 years and if you get the right engineer or right people involved ///then you caN expect good results.....so far...we (new owners of crossroad products} have not seen nothing but heartache.....something has to change...even if it means that we have to get the lawyers and courts involved.....sounds to me that it wouldn't be hard to get a class action started.
whipandee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 03:39 AM   #44
Weekend Camper

Soooo.... has this been fixed yet? Or is it time to no longer consider a Kingston and move in another direction? Doesn't sound so good right now...

Old 09-04-2010, 10:50 AM   #45
Weekend Camper

I got mine back Thursday.....Camping the yardthis week-end.Everyone was booked. Unit has been gone for a month ( since the 4th of JUly trip),...Lippert worked on it for two days...so far...everything working.... I hope the slide problem is over...but come to find out my refrig has not worked right since I picked up my unit in May. Hope that everything works...It is about time to get all the kinks out.
Old 09-04-2010, 12:42 PM   #46
Weekend Camper

Yikes...sounds like you need to buy one 6 months before you really plan to use it so they have time to fix everything they missed when they built it. What about all this "Great service" they talk about elsewhere in this forum???? One month to fix the slide is insane...Pretty much scared me off.

Old 09-05-2010, 01:43 AM   #47
Weekend Camper

Whipandee

What did they do to correct your slide problem?

Cal
Old 09-05-2010, 02:59 PM   #48
Weekend Camper

all I know is that he told me that they beefed up both sides but the refrig is still not working right and will talk to him again next week and will try to get more details. By the way, is anyone else having refrig not cooling good. I found on the internet that the Dometic refrig should cool down to between 38 and 40 degrees and mine is not getting but to 46 to 50 degrees.
Old 09-05-2010, 10:59 PM   #49
Full Time Camper

Have you adjusted the slide on the fin inside of the refrig

Traveling with Rainbow the wonder dog and now with Sunshine the rescue Schnauzer.
fhenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 10:57 PM   #50
New Camper

I have a Zinger ZT-29-DS trailer and have the same problem with the driver side slide-out not extending.

I've had the camper into the dealer four times. The second time they replaced all the slide-out hardware, and the other three times they "adjusted the stop." It sounds like the same problem.

How to I get my dealer to install the fix described here? It doesn't sound like a factory recall.

TheManns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 11:55 AM   #51
Family Vacation Member

TheManns - My Rvtech put a temporary fix on mine and had no problem over labor day weekend. I talked to him this A.M. and since I've not had any more problems with the temporary fix he feels certain he has it under control. He has ordered the parts from Lippert and they should be here Monday or Tuesday. Lippert has asked for the old parts to be returned so they can take a look at the problem which is good to hear that the manufacturer is concerned about the problem. My Rvtech says it has something to do with a bad spot on a shaft or tube. He has been working with Lippert on the problem and I've had it in the repair shop 4 times for the slide. I don't mind though because he always managed to get me out the door so didn't miss any camping. As long as my Rvtech and Lippert are willing to continue working on it I'll do my best to work with them. With the number of RV's Crossroads produces, this problem is really nor common...more of a stuff happens as in all RV manufacturers. Since Lippert has asked for a return of my bad parts maybe they will have a solid plan of attack for all current slide problems as well as any others they may come up. Lets hope this slide problem finally drops out of sight.

2012 Cruiser CF325CKP

2010 Ford F-350 6.4 SB 4wd

W0CSC

Semper Fi 59-63
calliopeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 04:23 AM   #52
Weekend Camper

YIKES! Hearing about all these problems and the problems with getting things repaired makes me wonder why people brag about the "great service" they get. Sorry gang all this has scared me off. I'm checking out. Think I'll spend my money elsewhere. You'll find me hanging on a different forum....

B.O.

Old 09-09-2010, 04:48 AM   #53
Weekend Camper

OH MY GOSH !!! All this time... I thought my husband had been talking to Randy....He called him yesterday...thanks to all you nice people on this forum. RANDY is sending us a full refund on our tires and checking into the slide-out issue. He will be helping us from now on !!!! I am so excited!!! Randy is the one you deal with!!!!! He said he has had a lot of issues with slideouts and will be checking it all out. This forum is awesome.
Old 09-09-2010, 08:37 AM   #54
Family Vacation Member

Do I sense sarcasm? I believe contacting Randy is what was said many times over. Glad to hear you think we're "awsome!!!!!"

'06 F-250 SD V-10

SCT custom tuned

https://i785.photobucket.com/albums/y...a/SDC12617.jpg
ryeja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 09:59 AM   #55
Weekend Camper

Excuse me...sarcasm? Did you not understand that I thought my husband was talking to Randy? (after i was made aware of him from this board) I know that you told me about Randy many times...thought we were talking to him. (husband ) Anyway just very happy to know that Crossroads will back their product. Yep....Awesome!
Old 09-09-2010, 11:19 AM   #56
Full Time Camper

B,O. No matter what brand you go to you may have some problems with the Unit Most of the componants come from the same vendors. By enlarge crossroads has very few of these problems compared to some of the others. The thing that makes it after the sale is the manufacturing company and the Dealer that you purchased the unit from. In this regards CrossRoads is second to none. They all so have a two year warranty that they honor. Again lots of other only give you a one year warranty.

Traveling with Rainbow the wonder dog and now with Sunshine the rescue Schnauzer.
fhenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 11:36 AM   #57
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by B.O. Plenty
YIKES! Hearing about all these problems and the problems with getting things repaired makes me wonder why people brag about the "great service" they get. Sorry gang all this has scared me off. I'm checking out. Think I'll spend my money elsewhere. You'll find me hanging on a different forum....

B.O.

Don happy searching for a unit that doesn't have issues.. Good luck searching for mfg. that will actually answer the phone when you call.

<DIV id=ms__id113>Let us all know who you settle on, so us CR owners can benchmark their outstanding service / quality / price with CR's current product offering.

<DIV id=ms__id111>

<DIV id=ms__id112>Fyi - A close friend of mine's 6 week old SandPiper is going back to the shop for the 4th time for gas line leak.Personally, if I had to have issues I would rather take a slide issue thana gas issue. Also his shop has to be his dealer as SandPiper doesn't offer factory service.

'07 F250 Diesel Crew Cab 4x4

'08 CF30QB

Reese Signature Slider 18k Hitch
salda01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 09:11 AM   #58
Weekend Camper

slideout works for now....hope it stays this way.We are finally rving this weekend. We are in Kemah today.Just set everything up....I noticed light coming inside the door by theback bunk. A space that bugs could easily crawl in. That will be put on the list now. The door is not closing all the way shut.Oh well this is minor!! Just going to enjoy this weekend.....its been a while since we have used our zinger.
Old 09-10-2010, 01:11 PM   #59
Seasonal Camper

Make sure the trailer is level that you maybe aren't twisting the frame causing the doors not to close correctly.
Tom&Denice, Carmel,Betsy, Brighton&Daisy(Rescued Cockers)YukonXL 2500 8.1 4:10 CT31GR https://i276.photobucket.com/albums/k...ofP1010009.jpg
ClassicHammond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 11:48 PM   #60
Full Time Camper

Just got the cruiser back yesterday from the dealer. Dealer replaced all the tape on roof of the three slideouts under warranty. Replaced motor, gearbox, and actuator on the kitchen slideout under warranty. Had been having trouble with slideout sticking. They replaced motor last year, but still had some issues with it. When I took it in a couple of weeks ago for other work dealer couldn't get it to open. Lippert decided it was the whole assembly and shipped a new one in three days. Slideout works fine now. Dealer checked the old assembly after they removed it and said it would run then bind, run then bind in several spots during extension and retraction. Had inspection done also, just some minor caulking issues.
2010 CF30SK Patriot
2007 CF30SK
dalemac377 is offline   Reply With Quote