Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-25-2014, 12:45 PM   #1
New Camper

Who Owns a 2810 model?

I am looking to possibly buy a 2014 TT2810 model real soon and would like to hear ALL comments about the unit, thank you
MeSeaHunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 06:42 PM   #2
Full Time Camper

Are you sure that's a Crossroads product? It doesn't look like a Crossroads Model #.
2009 Ford Lariat F350 SRW CC Diesel
2013 Cruiser CF305SK Patriot Edition
avvidclif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 07:15 PM   #3
Site Team

It's a CrossRoads RV Elevation TT 2810 Toy Hauler Travel Trailer. Have not seen it on the Crossroads website though.

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 07:38 PM   #4
Full Time Camper

You know it's just plumb amazing that to find out information on a Crossroads RV you have to look it up on a dealers website.

It seems to me an up-to-date website would be up towards the top of the "to-do" list, right after customer service.
Old 08-26-2014, 06:13 AM   #5
New Camper

ya'll are not giving me the "warm fuzzies" so far about this manufacture and its cust svc/products....
Old 08-26-2014, 07:56 AM   #6
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeSeaHunt View Post
ya'll are not giving me the "warm fuzzies" so far about this manufacture and its cust svc/products....
Customer service has been very good. Read the other posts about it. It's the website that seems is on the back of the bus.
Old 08-26-2014, 12:01 PM   #7
New Camper

I have been reading the majority of post/threads in the toy hauler section, it seems there are more negative than positive on issues with the haulers (most being the 5th wheel type) there are no threads/issues I can see w/any bumper pull models (I'm sure there are plenty they are just not being published on this site)??? Anyhoo, I went to look at the some what local dealer model I am interested in today and walked away disgusted with the condition/quality of the unit... huge cosmetic flaws from the factory and just absolutely NO/ZERO pride of craftsmanship with the inside details.... than to make it worse the dealer (explore USA) said that is just the way they get the units and they will not do anything till sold, so I asked if the issues would be covered under warranty and I was told NO, they cannot do anything that the factory has {moderator edit} to satisfy a customer who expects a better condition unit!!! So I told the rep good luck in his career path and have gotten a pretty good future picture of what it would be like to deal w/all involved
Old 08-26-2014, 12:49 PM   #8
Full Time Camper

I don't know which Explore you went into but the only one I visited several years ago did not impress me. No parts, no service area to speak of (that I could find) and lots of trailers. I felt like the goal was to get them out the door.

The dealer I use will not even let me look at a new trailer until he has gone thru it and cleaned it up and done whatever needs to be done. I tried, he had 2 new Cruiser Aires that had come in and I wanted to see what they looked like, nope not until we get them ready for sale. Exact opposite from what you found.
Old 08-26-2014, 01:20 PM   #9
New Camper

exactly, no parts no service area no literature no "factory trained" personnel no sense of humor.... all they wanna do is sell sell sell yet when you HAVE TO bring your unit back to THEM to have repaired, then they get an order together (hopefully all of the parts needed the first go around) order from the distributor and you better cross your fingers the part(s) you need are in stock, mean while your unit is sitting there with the warranty clock ticking down....... do ya think they care how long it takes?? Hec no!!!
So I guess I will be lookin' to my plans b & C
Old 08-26-2014, 09:29 PM   #10
Ken
Weekend Camper

I purchased mine from where you are talking about and I did find it strange that our unit had issues that were visible while sitting on the lot for sale. But they did go through the trailer and had everything taken care of before our pick up. After hearing some other stories of some bad dealers I can say my experience wasn't bad and the trailer has been pretty good with just a few minor issues and the dealer took care of them when I brought it in so I can't complain.

Ken
Tyler, Texas
2014 Zinger ZT31SB
2012 Dodge Cummins Diesel 3500 SRW
Ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 11:08 AM   #11
New Camper

thanks everyone who provided comments... just wanted to give a quick update; I went and purchased a coachman 301blds freedom express today and I have to say, it is a 180deg turn in quality from the crossroads models I saw.... I think it is very sad that the manufacture has such a poor QC program in place prior to shipping and the dealer that I went to seems to share the same poor outlook... and when you share that poor outlook this is the result, u LOSE a sale and a customer because of it!!! good luck to all and happy campin'