Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-17-2011, 05:42 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

We have a 2010 Hampton and have decided to install a washer/dryer. Any input on what type unitworks best- combo units, stack unit or all in one?
ewp5354 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 05:52 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

Stacked units work the best because you can wash a load and dry one at the same time. This is what we would like to have in our next unit. The "vented" combo units take 2 to 3 hours to do a load from what I have read. The "non-vented" combo units don't perform verywell from what I understand. Hope this helps.
Hunter11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 06:34 AM   #3
Weekend Camper

Thanks.. This is the last item on our "wish list" since putting the Hampton on a permanent site.

Old 06-11-2011, 11:46 PM   #4
Weekend Camper

Ok, so after much discussion, googling and what-not we installed a frontloading stackable washer and dryer. Thanks for your input- I would much rather to hear from you who have already experienced this than take the advice of someone who has never been inside a RV! While doing the 1st load, I thought we were in the midst of a ground tremor- the camper was shaking so bad! I tried reducing spin cycleto low, it helped, but there is still as Jerry Lee Lewis used to sing "a whole lot of shaking going on". I need help- hubby is not handyman minded and doesn't want to get someone to re-install the unit (dryer vent being foremost as he straight piped it instead of using flex vent? I'm afraid the vibration will cause damage to camper. Help!
Old 06-12-2011, 12:22 AM   #5
Full Time Camper

It is my understanding that these units come shipped with some kind of a metal shipping bracket around the feet/levelers to keep the unit from moving during shipment. These need to be removed once the unit is in place so the rubberlevelers can absorb vibration and movement of the unit. Do you know if those brackets were removed on your unit when it was installed? If they were then the only other thing I can think of is to make sure the unit is as level as possible. Hope this helps.
Hunter11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 09:00 AM   #6
Family Vacation Member

I don't have a washer/dryer in my fiver so you can choose not to read my opinion but here is my two cents. Check the leveling feet as mentioned above and if they are okay keep the following in mind the harmonics in a front load washing machine during the spin cycle can be brutal. What I have done in my home and the homes of some of my customers is to install a piece of concrete board (available at any builder supply stores) under the units. I screw and PL the board to the floor. This stops vibration and all noise. Either flex tube or a flex collar on the exhaust won't hurt.

CF33LF PROVINCIAL EDITION
SWAILES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 06:46 AM   #7
Seasonal Camper

I just bought a sears stacked washer dryer unit, I really didn't want it but it was 4 months old and I got it for 300.00 so it was pretty hard to beat, I did order a kit from sears for about 100.00 you got the braces to stack one one top of the other and you also get the pieces to secure it to the back wall, and the rubber mounts for the floor, I just ordered the kit on thursday so I hve not got it yet, supposed to be here this week...the vent dryer kit was extra, I intend to have it installed at an RV repair shop in town, I am hoping that the washer/dryer will help sell the unit.........

2004 Ford F-350 CC dually 4X4
mbinohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 03:14 AM   #8
Weekend Camper

Sounds like you got a great dael. We paid $1100 for our set. After checking the leveling of the washer, Sears came out and found the shipping brackets still in the washer. (oops). They removed the brackets and since then, the vibration is 99% better. You can still a slight vibration during the spin, but at least the camper doesn't shake, rattle & roll! The repairman said the small vibration is due to the high rpms of the front loader. As long as it doesn't damage the camper I'm ok with it. Great to be able to do laundry when needed. Hope you enjoy yours.
Old 10-04-2011, 04:06 AM   #9
New Camper

I'm thinking about installing a washer and dryer in the RV. If you have one

installed can you tell me your experience with it? Is there a specifc RV appropriate washer and dryer

set up that I would have to look into? I have seen some smaller ones at hh gregg

but I don't know if there is a specific hook up I need to get. Thanks for the help. I just don't want to purchase the set just to realize that it isn't going to work! Thanks.

laura1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 05:25 AM   #10
Weekend Camper

After looking, looking and more looking, we decided on a Maytag front loader and General Electric front load dryer. It is great & I love it. My only concern is the front load washer vibrates more than a top loader during the spin cycle. We needed no special connections. Crossroads was helpful in sending us a diagram on where to have the hole cut in the sidewall for the dryer vent. Hope the input is helpful!

« Sahara | slide leak »