Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-11-2012, 03:37 AM   #1
New Camper

We bought a new Slingshot 29bh in Oct and can't get any signal to the tv through the cable connection at the back of the trailer. Dealer replaced the booster and it still doesn't work. Has anyone experienced this problem? Does anyone know if this hookup will work for satalite? Satalite works if I go directly to the TV.

I've tested cable for contantnuity and for a short and it tests ok.
Old 01-11-2012, 05:21 AM   #2
Weekend Camper

does your Slingshot have 2 connections side by side in the back . our Sunset trail does . found out the wires were connected to the wrong terminals on the out side . cable was satelite and satelite was cable . just a thought , but i am sure your dealer would have checked it and you said your contanuity check was ok

that was our problem . just wandering if this may be yours
2013 Ram 2500 HD Hemi
Pullrite super glide
accordionman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 06:24 AM   #3
New Camper

We only have one hookup. Dealer doesn't have cable to check to see if it works so I don't know how were going to get this resolved. But since the trailer is new I want someone to fix it. They probably will look at TV next but it works when I go direct to the TV.
Old 01-11-2012, 08:48 AM   #4
Full Time Camper

I had a bad connection between the outside hookup and the Ent Center. Seems to me if the dealer has a maintenance dept, they should be able to troubleshoot it. This can't be the first problem of this type that they have seen.
Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 11:14 AM   #5
Full Time Camper

Redcloud - are you trying to run a Satreceiver (like DirecTV)? You cannot get a signal thru the booster.
We used the cable hookup at the back of our Zinger, but had to bypass the booster. Basically, you install a male-male connector in the faceplate and hook cable TV to inside/sat rec'r to outside. Below is a link showing this mod. Our DirecTV works great.

http://www.flamingsquid.com/images/satellite_rewire.pdf

Sidenote: We also used 1 1/4" PVC conduit strapped to the rear ladder to mount dish...

Edit: If you only have 2 wires...white one may be from outsidecable TV (ours was). Black was attenna.

Edited by: ewbldavis
ewbldavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 02:16 AM   #6
Weekend Camper

I had issues with the cable hookup going thru the amp.I loosen the amp and disconnected the cable tv wire going into the amp.Then using a cable male to male splice I connected the tv directly to the cable leading from the back of the rv to the amp.The cable now works fine.My issue was not the same as yours.I had poor service when the cable tv wire ran thru the amp.Seems like the amp
was the problem.The amp still works for over the air tv.
Thanks
ANNVILLEMIKE is offline   Reply With Quote