Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-22-2014, 11:13 PM   #1
New Camper

2010 Crossroads Zinger 32QB

Considering buying a 2010 Crossroads Zinger 32QB can anyone give me any reviews on this camper. I use to have a Keystone which was a solid camper. Any insight would be appreciated. They are asking $14,900 for the camper would that be considered a good price? Thanks in advance.
Huskers1533 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 07:13 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

For about 5K more you can get a 2014...
2014 Zinger 32QB
ewbldavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 07:33 AM   #3
Full Time Camper

HI Huskers1533

That's a nice trailer, and if I'm not mistaken, its one of the the most popular floorplans out there. We had that rear storage door on our Hybrid and I really miss it.

Just Checked NADA for ya at http://www.nadaguides.com/RVs

I loaded a few options you might have... looks like that's about the going price on that unit. You can add specific options to zero in the avg retail, but it's going to be a few hundred give or take. A dealer will tell you not to rely on NADA and show you a list price from some other pricing service, but this will tell you if your getting a steal or really ripped off.

It's important to note that's average retail, so like a car, if you're buying from a private owner, it would be less. If your buying from a dealer used, that markup should include major cleanup and inspection of the unit with a warranty.

In 2008 we bought a hybrid travel trailer used, but it was from a reputable dealer we knew, the unit had been used a couple times over 3 years(bath, holding tanks never used), always serviced annually, and it came with a bumper to bumper warranty for a year. What is important to note is that we did have to replace panels and bunk end hardware on the slides because the previous owners didn't work out the bugs on the tent end snaps, but all was covered under warranty and no regrets.

It really boils down how well maintained they kept the unit. Like ewbldavis said, 5K gets you a new unit. Seems like a lot of money, but you can check any RV forum and find instances where people have put thousands into repairs because the previous owners didn't keep up maintenance or the post-purchase follow-ups.

I love the Crossroad trailers, but after being on this forum and RV.net for over a year, I realize that EVERY trailer leaves the factory with something not exact or perfect. If the original buyer ignores some of these minor flaws, they can turn into real money in a few years.

Heck, you might want to call CR customer service and ask about that unit by the VIN and ask what you should be checking when inspecting the unit. CR has awesome customer service.

Hope that helps and if anyone here thinks I'm off here, let me know..just my experience. We just looked at about 8-10 used units before pulling the trigger on our 300BH (new).

I rationalized buying new akin to buying an extended warranty and peace of mind.

2017 Ford F350 Super Duty 6.7 King Ranch Crew
Sold the 2016 Crossroads Sunset Trail Grand Reserve 32BH
2020 Grand Design Momentum 320G
OhioMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 09:27 AM   #4
New Camper

Thanks

I appreciate all the insight I will be going to check out the camper today hopefully it will fit our situation if not the 31SB Zinger really looks like what we want but needing and wanting are 2 different things. Thanks again for replies.
Old 04-23-2014, 01:52 PM   #5
Full Time Camper

Good luck. Either way you go, do some homework and you'll be fine. That is a great trailer. We had a similar trailer with the bunkhouse and the kids loved it.

Old 04-23-2014, 03:40 PM   #6
Family Vacation Member

I would go look at some new rv's before buying that one. Just to see what prices you can get a 2014 for. I spent about 3 hours one day looking at used TT. Then walked by a new one inside the show room by mistake. I was shocked at the mark down on the year old models. Then you have to factor in the interest rate. Going with a new one may save you up to about 5% in interest depending on how much you finance?

I choose the new one. But if you think that one works for you go with it. I know a week before i bought mine i said i would never buy a new TT and take the first lost in value. But if it is marked down about $10000 from msrp, that puts it in line with used trailer pricing.
2006 Chevy 2500HD 6.0L ext. Cab 8' bed.
jakesz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 08:02 PM   #7
Full Time Camper

jakesz28 is right on the mark here,

If your financing, the rates on used are always higher than new.

I bought my trailer roughly 4 hours from my house to get a better price. When I mean better, I mean close to $4K with all the options. No BS. When I picked mine up, another couple was there from 12 hours away, so I'm not so crazy.

I was hesitant, but a year later, I'm glad I drove by the local dealership and made the trek. My one year factory warranty expired with no issues.

Moral of the story, troll the internet for the best deal on a last year model. They're out there, you may have to travel a bit but its worth it.

Old 04-23-2014, 10:26 PM   #8
New Camper

2007 Outback Sydney Edition

Well the trailer I went to look at had hail damage on one side so we decided against it. I am looking for a trailer that has a bunk room with space for my 2 year old son to play with all his toys. This Outback has this options as does the Crossroads Zinger 31SB. I have thought of buying new but was wanting to spend less. I am not financing so it will be a straight cash deal so that is why I am looking to buy used. I am using the camper at my hunting land for the most part and I would hate to have it eaten alive by farmits and mice. Does anyone have any info on other models with the bunk house with a slide or the Outback that I am now looking at. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Vince
Old 04-23-2014, 10:44 PM   #9
New Camper

2007 Outback 32BHDS TT

One more thing, there appears to be a type of bubbling issue on front of the camper where the roof and front of camper meet. Other campers of this style show the same type of issue. Should this be something I should steer away from or just an aging process of this style of camper? My last camper was a Keystone Hornet and in the heat of the summer it kind of bubbled on the front too. My last camper never leaked so I wasn't to worried about the bubbling. Any info on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Vince
Old 04-24-2014, 07:58 AM   #10
Full Time Camper

Steer clear.

Don't settle. You're a buyer with cash in hand. You have an advantage over alot of buyers out there.

If you're getting something to sit, why not consider a used destination trailer. They're mobile but bigger and generally, harder to sell, so you might get a good deal on one. Kinda like a "more mobile" mobile home.

Just may need someone to move it.

Old 04-24-2014, 10:08 AM   #11
Full Time Camper

Huskers,

We plan on traveling with ours, and we didn't really care about the outdoor kitchen, so we got the 32QB. We looked at a 30KB, but wanted the added bunk instead (they are bigger on that side).

The 31SB would be a great unit if you plan on leaving it sit since it has a slide in the bunk room. We liked the small dinette better, and I didn't want the extra length (hey...I wanted a 28BH, but DW said "no"). The new ones are comparable in price to the 32QB.

I don't know where you live, but go to www.sirpillarv.com. Their sell price is listed, and they have all sorts of Zinger's in stock that you can view pics and compare. If in our area, they are a decent dealer to work with.
2014 Zinger 32QB
ewbldavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 11:29 AM   #12
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewbldavis View Post
Huskers,

We plan on traveling with ours, and we didn't really care about the outdoor kitchen, so we got the 32QB. We looked at a 30KB, but wanted the added bunk instead (they are bigger on that side).

The 31SB would be a great unit if you plan on leaving it sit since it has a slide in the bunk room. We liked the small dinette better, and I didn't want the extra length (hey...I wanted a 28BH, but DW said "no"). The new ones are comparable in price to the 32QB.

I don't know where you live, but go to www.sirpillarv.com. Their sell price is listed, and they have all sorts of Zinger's in stock that you can view pics and compare. If in our area, they are a decent dealer to work with.

Glad to hear you had a positive experience with Sirpilla. Need to hear more about them on this forum. I got my ear chewed by some folks and trolled quite a few rv sites and the consensus was less than favorable, so we went south to buy. Our only experience was with the inital sales staff and we turned off on the 50 questions and pressure tactics, but not familiar with their support team or service department.

Our last two trailers were from Hartville RV, which has a sales team of the owner and one other guy, so we were accustomed to that. No wheelin and dealin. On the flipside Bob only has a couple bays for repairs, so there is a benefit to the mega-dealer places.

Old 04-24-2014, 02:36 PM   #13
Ken
Weekend Camper

2007 Outback Sydney Edition

Last summer I almost bought the same trailer you were looking at, the 2007 Outback Sydney Edition and I would have bought it if my wife didn't stop me. After weeks of searching, I think I looked at every bunkhouse model out there we settled on a 2014 Zinger 31SB and I couldn't be happier. We camp at the beach at least once a year so my wife really wanted the outside door to the bathroom to help keep the sand out of the trailer. I really wanted the outdoor kitchen and I almost talked my self out of that but I am glad I didn't. Having the extra fridge outside keeps us from bringing and ice chest for drinks on those week long camping trips. Also the extra storage you get in the outside kitchen is tough to beat. One more thing is the way you can swivel the main TV to the bedroom, it doesn't sound like a big deal but we bring our Direct TV with us and we are able to watch satellite tv in the bedroom.
Ken

Ken
Tyler, Texas
2014 Zinger ZT31SB
2012 Dodge Cummins Diesel 3500 SRW
Ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 07:41 PM   #14
Full Time Camper

There are several brands that make this or similar floor plan. Not sure of your weight requirements but check out Primetime, Forest river, and palomino just to name a few other manufacturers with this layout.

2014 Chevy Silverado 3500 SRW Duramax
2011 Zinger ZT26BL-sold
2014 Sabre 34REQS

***Member of the Mason-Dixon Group***
anaro is offline   Reply With Quote