Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-23-2014, 05:09 PM   #1
New Camper

2011 Reserve ST30RE

The hits keep on coming! This is the first time I have posted here. We purchased our trailer new from the factory and then purchased an extended warranty because we suspected that there may be problems with a new model. Our yearly battle is not only with the items that need to be repaired, but also dealing with our local dealer: Camping World in Canton, Ohio. I really thought Crossroads was proactive in trying to create customer satisfaction; we really would like to deal directly with the manufacturer and avoid dealing with this dealership. Can anyone send me in the right direction? Thanks!! Love the model, hate the yearly fight!
Highland Hornet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 06:37 PM   #2
Full Time Camper

X5 and you can say that again.
Faribault MN
LeBo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 07:40 PM   #3
Seasonal Camper

Go to the dealer locator on the Crossroads website and find another dealer.
Old 04-23-2014, 07:43 PM   #4
Full Time Camper

I been there Crossroads dose not keep it up to date! But it's place to start.
Faribault MN
Old 04-23-2014, 07:47 PM   #5
Site Team

Has your 2 year warranty expired?? What extended warranty do you have? Usually extended warranties are not warranted by the manufacturer. Let us know so we could point you in the right direction.

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 08:19 PM   #6
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highland Hornet View Post
The hits keep on coming! This is the first time I have posted here. We purchased our trailer new from the factory and then purchased an extended warranty because we suspected that there may be problems with a new model. Our yearly battle is not only with the items that need to be repaired, but also dealing with our local dealer: Camping World in Canton, Ohio. I really thought Crossroads was proactive in trying to create customer satisfaction; we really would like to deal directly with the manufacturer and avoid dealing with this dealership. Can anyone send me in the right direction? Thanks!! Love the model, hate the yearly fight!

Your issue is THAT camping world, not Crossroads. Some people swear by them, but alot swear at them....I won't bad mouth any business online, but if you google they're actual name in sites like Rv.net, you'll get some interesting stories out there..and I researched all the dealers in Ohio..anyways Go to another dealer. There's one down in Galion (Craig Smith RV). Don't know much about them. We deal with Paul Sherry in Dayton, great folks, but a drive that's been so worth it for us. They bent over backwards to get our trailer ready and right.

Supposedly Jim's trailer in Grafton is a dealer (really good folks), but they told us they don't carry Crossroads anymore. They should still service under warranty.

You need to raise a ruckus with Crossroads customer service first. You paid alot of money for that trailer, they need to make it right.

Hope that helps.

2017 Ford F350 Super Duty 6.7 King Ranch Crew
Sold the 2016 Crossroads Sunset Trail Grand Reserve 32BH
2020 Grand Design Momentum 320G
OhioMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 09:44 AM   #7
Full Time Camper

In one experience with Crossroads warranty I was not happy with the dealer. I contacted Crossroads and was told I could use anyone I wanted, even mobile repair service, just have them call Crossroads with an estimate before repair. Crossroads would not pay for the mobile tech "service call" but would pay for the repair.

With Crossroads help I figured out how to fix it myself and did, took about 2 hours for a dealer quoted job of up to $1k.
2009 Ford Lariat F350 SRW CC Diesel
2013 Cruiser CF305SK Patriot Edition
avvidclif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 10:12 AM   #8
Full Time Camper

Stoney's in Cambridge I believe is a CR dealer.

We purchased from "that" CW and haven't had any issues, and I believe others are working out problems. Given that this is your first post, may I suggest reading up a bit on here and contacting Crossroads, as well as Camping World?

With ANY stealership, the key is to keep on them to get it done. If you think they will review, repair, and call you a week later saying "all done, come get it!", then you are living a pipe dream. Good luck!
2014 Zinger 32QB
ewbldavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 05:56 PM   #9
New Camper

X2 for Paul Sherry in Piqua OH.

We bought our Cruiser from Paul Sherry last fall. I just picked it up last week after having some warranty work done.
Old 04-24-2014, 06:25 PM   #10
Family Vacation Member

My experience in Akron/Canton area has been pretty good so far, but not perfect. There has been a couple hiccups along the way but I expect that from a volume dealer, and that they are. You need to set expectations and hold them to it.
Propride 3P, Airlift 1000
MidOhioHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 06:46 PM   #11
New Camper

Thanks for the encouragement! We have an appointment with the dealer we purchased it from in May. If that doesn't go well, I may try to take it somewhere else. My fear is that since they did some of the original work, that they may have to be the ones to stand by it (i.e. the front fiberglass cap repaint job).

I will check out Jim's in Grafton...that might be a good option--Thanks! I also know another 2011 Reserve owner who has dealt directly with Crossroads; we're hoping they can provide a contact there.
Highland Hornet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 08:02 PM   #12
Full Time Camper

x3 Eddy
Faribault MN
Old 04-24-2014, 08:32 PM   #13
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewbldavis View Post
Stoney's in Cambridge I believe is a CR dealer.

We purchased from "that" CW and haven't had any issues, and I believe others are working out problems. Given that this is your first post, may I suggest reading up a bit on here and contacting Crossroads, as well as Camping World?

With ANY stealership, the key is to keep on them to get it done. If you think they will review, repair, and call you a week later saying "all done, come get it!", then you are living a pipe dream. Good luck!

My bad, I guess we're just spoiled. When I had my Jayco serviced at Hartville or my CR at Paul Sherry, they've both done exactly that. Gave me a time to come in , called me with the issue/an estimate along with a timeline to get it done, and than called me when it was done. If they couldn't get you in for the work, they're up front and tell you not to bring the trailer in. If that level of service is that rare, I guess I just got lucky. Maybe its just that the "little guys" don't have the acreage to have trailers sitting around waiting to be worked on.

2017 Ford F350 Super Duty 6.7 King Ranch Crew
Sold the 2016 Crossroads Sunset Trail Grand Reserve 32BH
2020 Grand Design Momentum 320G
OhioMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 08:05 AM   #14
New Camper

Cool Poor Workmanship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highland Hornet View Post
Not happy with the quality of my Zinger, will never buy one again, complete low quality workmanship throughout
techoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 08:08 AM   #15
Site Team

When you were first looking at them, didn't you find anything wrong with them at that time?
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote