Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-28-2010, 12:29 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

Well we thought we had our new Cruiser figured out until we went on holidays this week. We have not ordered yet so no problem but we saw a few other RV' ers with rear entertainment models and seem to reaaly like that typer of layout. Crossroads has the 31re and have seen onl in pictures. Looks like a nice layout as well as the SK we thought we liked. I guess our logic was my wife likes to cook so the SK is perfect for the chef but when going out she does not spend the day in the kitchen anyways. R&R is more important than cooking. The RE layout seems to give more of that and has adequate kitchen space. I guess my question is comments from those that have the rear entertainment models and if my logic makes sense having the tv at the back rather than the side (is my peeve) and giving up having half the trailer being kitchen down the side of the unit, and having to watch tv sideways from the chairs which would be better for us.

We do make out ok in our current kitchen which has almost no counter space so even a less kitchen we can get away with. I just always hear and havetalked to people raving about the SK kitchen model and not much about the 31re. Ideas or comments please.

2005 KZ Outdoorsmen 2605PF

Champion 4000W Generator

16 Foot Renken Fishing Boat

2 Dogs/Cat

Future Owner Crossroads Cruiser CF31REP
calgarygringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 03:30 AM   #2
Seasonal Camper

We bought an RE due to having our sone still, If some one is sleeping on the couch we can still go in and out, Also we are able to get into the fridge while on the road with out putting the slide out. We had nothing against the others this just worked best for us at the time.

Our son will be 18 in two weeks so we figured he was only going to go a year or two and he would be done. Now for the most part it's just us.
gtoguy1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 07:14 AM   #3
Full Time Camper

We prefer the SK, since we have our second one now. TV viewing has never been an issue. We can swivel the LCD and both chairs are usable. The extra counter space is nice because we spend three months in winter and we can leave all the small appliances out. We can get to everything with all slides closed, so that is not an issue.It really comes down to preference.
2010 CF30SK Patriot
2007 CF30SK
dalemac377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 10:36 AM   #4
Seasonal Camper

We haven't found any floorplan that we like better than the SK.

TV viewing for 6 people is no problem and DW loves the kitchen. The Patriot option just makes it better!!

Viet Nam Vet 70-71 Da Nang

Real airplanes have two wings and big, round, engines
BipeFlier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 05:45 AM   #5
Weekend Camper

We bought the RE and are really happy with it, we wanted the large living room space. We don't do much cooking inside the trailer so counter space is not an issue. We went out a couple of weeks ago and really enjoyed the extra large living area, popped a dvd in and turned on the fireplace, ahhh I love roughing it!

2006 Chevy Duramax

2006 Malibu Vride
canacamper is offline   Reply With Quote