Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 11-02-2013, 01:58 PM   #1
Family Vacation Member

Just stopping in to say Hi. Just purchased a new Elevation 3912. Looking forward to learning a lot and enjoying our new RV adventures.

Cheers,

Matt.

2013 Elevation 3912
2017 Dodge RAM 3500HD Dually with AISIN
2014 KTM 1190 Adventure R
Old 11-02-2013, 05:30 PM   #2
Full Time Camper

Hello and welcome. Congrats on the New elevation, may it bring you many happy camping trips.

2014 Chevy Silverado 3500 SRW Duramax
2011 Zinger ZT26BL-sold
2014 Sabre 34REQS

***Member of the Mason-Dixon Group***
Old 11-02-2013, 09:49 PM   #3
Family Vacation Member

Welcome to the forum. You are a bit up the road from me, but close to some nice state parks.

2017 - 500 miles, 9 nights
2016 - 3005 miles, 34 nights
2014, 14, 15 - 11,614 miles, 125 nights
Old 11-03-2013, 12:25 AM   #4
Full Time Camper

Hi and welcome to the forum...congratulations on the Elevation...

06 F350 KR PS CC SRW

...Wish we were camping...
Old 11-03-2013, 01:36 AM   #5
Full Time Camper

Welcome aboard Matt. Congrats on the new rig.

Old 05-16-2014, 10:27 AM   #6
Weekend Camper

Welcome... Thank you everyone for your fantastic help. I'll let you know what we end up with... Looking at the Elevation 3612 OR Palomino Columbus 3650. Any input and/or suggestions?
Old 05-16-2014, 11:15 AM   #7
Full Time Camper

Welcome aboard, Matt. Congrats on the new rig and hope it brings you and your family many happy memories.

BTW, I see that some of you are Georgians. Please PM me with suggestions for state parks as we are picking up our grandsons in GA before heading to Mammoth Cave. TIA
2013 Zinger 30KB - Sold
CrossroadsRV Rally 2013 & 2014 - Northeast Crossroads Rally 2014 - Mason-Dixon Rally 2014
Old 05-16-2014, 12:35 PM   #8
Full Time Camper

Hi, Matt. Welcome to the forum. Hope you enjoy your new Elevation and have excellent service from it.
Valley 16K slider
Ride-Rite air bags
Old 05-20-2014, 12:20 PM   #9
Family Vacation Member

It's been 7 months since our new Elevation and it's been quite a ride. The RV itself has been great with a few exceptions. We've been out in it 3-4 times and have about 3,000 miles on it.

We are new to RV'ing and have full time jobs and young kids so the Elevation simply met our needs. Wish we had more time, but that will come...

Other than one big issue (the roof membrane tearing and riping off from the front all the way back to the first AC unit), most all the "problems" have been within our expectations. Crossroads have been great and not challenged any of the various warranty work claims. A new roof would have cost me $6,000...so I'm happy.

Dealer, Southern RV in Jonesboro GA has been great. Dealer helped figure out the TVs and how to get a picture on all of them. Turned out all TVs except the main one had not been connected to the hub from the manufacturer. I have the DirecTV Travlr installed because we really like our TV and wanted to RV for entertainment purposes with friends as much as glamping.

Small Issues:

LED's on main awning have been sketchy, but dealer replaced the LED strip (known issue with 1st gen LEDs) and all has been great.

A few small pieces of trim started to gap, but dealer took care of that.

Not a whole lot of hot air coming out of the main return in the living area. Dealer cut about 50% of the air line away, straightened the air path and all seems to be better. We also added adjustable registers to the bathroom and bedroom to REDUCE the amount of hot air coming into the bedroom and bathroom. For the most part we have been using Electric heaters because I see no reason to use my propane when I'm paying for 50amp service.

All in all though, everything has been great so far. The rig pulls great. No weaving, no chucking, no banging....nothing.

All the entertainment systems have worked well (once connected) and all appliances are working fine.

Slideouts seem to work just fine and do not bind at all.

I replaced all the normal bulbs with LED bulbs to reduce the amount of hear those little bulbs generate. It's amazing how much heat comes out of those small bulbs.

The kids LOVE the queen beds in the rear and the fact I can lift them up with all the blankets etc still on them is a huge plus.

I did add a solar battery charger to keep the battery alive and kicking. It was a real disappointment to go out after it sitting for a couple of weeks and the battery had died.

Genny works great. I serviced it after the first 20 hours.

All in all, great rig. I love the fact that we are a little unique. See way to many Raptors and Voltage rigs for my liking.

2013 Elevation 3912
Old 05-24-2014, 09:38 AM   #10
Weekend Camper

Curious what happened to your roof. Same thing just happened to my 3612, tore in front back to first AC unit then diagonal to side. Trying to get service now, but it has been three weeks trying to get the Manufacturer and dealer to work together. Looks like I'll post my own forum thread to try and drive some results. I really like my Elevation, and this is not how I expect things to work.
President, Susquehanna Valley Chapter Shelby Dodge Auto Club (SDAC).
Old 05-24-2014, 09:46 AM   #11
Family Vacation Member

Wow....so turned out that Crossroads didn't glue the roof completely. There were huge areas that were totally dry and as such simply ballooned up and tore apart. Very disappointing.

Mine took about 5 weeks from delivery to the dealer until finished collection (yesterday).

My dealer (Southern RV in GA) was fantastic. Got the new roof approved very quickly and never questioned it.

The problem for the dealers now is that it's a super busy time for them with new sales and service work....so warranty work make take a second priority depending on your dealer.

I do love this RV and while a new roof is not what I would expect, the silver lining is that I now know my roof is Brand New and glued and sealed correctly.

Good luck,

Matt.

2013 Elevation 3912
Old 05-24-2014, 10:36 AM   #12
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by denviola View Post
Curious what happened to your roof. Same thing just happened to my 3612, tore in front back to first AC unit then diagonal to side. Trying to get service now, but it has been three weeks trying to get the Manufacturer and dealer to work together. Looks like I'll post my own forum thread to try and drive some results. I really like my Elevation, and this is not how I expect things to work.
If you read many of the posts about warranty issues on here I think you will find the problem is the dealer and not Crossroads. Just my thoughts.
2009 Ford Lariat F350 SRW CC Diesel
2013 Cruiser CF305SK Patriot Edition
Old 05-24-2014, 12:07 PM   #13
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by denviola View Post
Posting your own thread won't change your results with Crossroads and your dealer. This forum is privately owned and not monitored by Crossroad staff.
Saskatoon, SK
Old 05-27-2014, 02:51 PM   #14
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildWildWest View Post
Posting your own thread won't change your results with Crossroads and your dealer. This forum is privately owned and not monitored by Crossroad staff.
Appreciate your response. I try to stay positive in my posts, and I really do enjoy my Elevation 3612. Without this forum I would have not known that others were having the exact roof problem.

This forum is linked from the Crossroads web site, and I'm thinking that they should have at least a passing interest in its content. After two weeks of inaction despite multiple phone calls and emails, I sent a customer service letter from the contact section of the Crossroads page, and said I was going to post my experience here. I received a prompt phone call and an apology from a Manager the next morning, promising action. Coincidence?

BTW, that was one week ago and the dealer still has not got an authorization as they are "playing phone tag" (Dealer's words).

Apologies to the original poster for the hijack.

Denny Viola
Old 05-27-2014, 05:38 PM   #15
Seasonal Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildWildWest View Post
Not totally sure this is the case. Otherwise, why would they moderate conversations on prices so heavily.
Try to post a question of price of a unit, or price at a dealership and see how long it takes for it to be taken down by the moderator. I would argue that this site is indeed owned by Crossroads, and they pay a moderator to run the site.
Old 05-27-2014, 05:58 PM   #16
Site Team

Here is a link to the Company that not only runs this forum, but other rv forums: http://www.socialknowledge.com/rv-traveltrailer/
Plus from our Community rules link:
Quote:
Registering and participating at CrossroadsOwners.com constitutes agreement to abide by the Social Knowledge Network Terms of Service (Social Knowledge is the company that owns this forum). We reserve the right to modify these rules at any time without giving you prior notice.
As far as paid moderators, I wish. The three of us are all volunteer moderators. Just trying to do our best to keep the forum free of spam, personal battles, and to follow the list of community rules.

Enjoy the forum.

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
Old 05-27-2014, 07:17 PM   #17
Weekend Camper

Thanks to the mods and forum owners for the digital playground and the opportunity to interact with other RV owners. I read the links above, and appreciate what you are doing for all of us.
Denny
Old 05-27-2014, 07:28 PM   #18
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnsunset View Post
Not totally sure this is the case. Otherwise, why would they moderate conversations on prices so heavily.
Try to post a question of price of a unit, or price at a dealership and see how long it takes for it to be taken down by the moderator. I would argue that this site is indeed owned by Crossroads, and they pay a moderator to run the site.

If I were in management at Crossroads, I'd not be happy paying for a site where people complain about the product. There are less than favorable comments on the Crossroads products throughout this site. Not that this a bad thing, but it is certainly not in Crossroads best interest.

I've been on it a year and half and I've never felt it was filtered or moderated on Crossroads behalf. I'm a bit surprised you've been a member for so long and didn't come away with the same conclusion. There are other forums out there like rv.net that are not brand specific that operate the same way. I'm also a member for a couple Ford 150 forums and they have the same rules not to post specifics on pricing or dealerships.

Cheers to the mods, I appreciate your efforts.

2017 Ford F350 Super Duty 6.7 King Ranch Crew
Sold the 2016 Crossroads Sunset Trail Grand Reserve 32BH
2020 Grand Design Momentum 320G
Old 05-27-2014, 07:36 PM   #19
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnsunset View Post
As Mark said, the Site Team (AKA moderators), consists of 3 of us who are all CrossRoads owners ourselves and volunteers. We are just here to keep the peace (sanity) in line with the forum rules.

Here is why pricing and certain other things can't be discussed.

http://www.crossroadsowners.com/foru...ork&page=rules
Saskatoon, SK
Old 05-27-2014, 07:43 PM   #20
Full Time Camper

Funny, I never read the entire set of rules before...I missed this one.

Fair warning; discussions about politics, weaponry and religion are likely to be closed or removed if they become disruptive to the community.

I guess I should talk about showing off my rocket launcher at the church picnic for the tea party rally..

Just kidding. I don't have a rocket launcher. Just my trusty Red Ryder BB gun.. I know the NSA is always watching!

We appreciate all the mods time and effort. I've been on forums that have not been moderated well (slickdeals.net) and some threads get really nasty..

2017 Ford F350 Super Duty 6.7 King Ranch Crew
Sold the 2016 Crossroads Sunset Trail Grand Reserve 32BH
2020 Grand Design Momentum 320G
Closed Thread