Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-08-2010, 04:29 AM   #1
rdr
New Camper

I love my SEVILLE!!!! My trouble isthe kitchen slide out. When we start to bring this slide in, the rear starts but the front hanges up and then makes a jump and comes in. We've been told the reason for this is because the front part of this slide is heavier than the rear. What's up. PLEASSSSSSSSEEEEEE someone help me Ron
rdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 04:51 AM   #2
Seasonal Camper

I aso have a kitchen slide, the fridge, stove, microwave, and a few cabinets all in one slide, it comes in smooth, no jerking and it comes in even, I think your slide is out of align or you may have a bad gear on the rails...it shouldn't make any noise, and it shouldn't jerk......

2004 Ford F-350 CC dually 4X4
mbinohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 07:27 AM   #3
Family Vacation Member

mbinohio hit the nail on the head. We've had our slide on the PF36SK (the predecesor of your unit) in and out more times than I care to count and always flawlessly.

Kernersville, NC

2011 Ram 4500 SLT 4x4

2005 PF36SK
delqcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 12:40 AM   #4
Seasonal Camper

The bedroom slide on my paradise point does the same thing. It doesn't make any noise but it hangs up on one side then jumps to catch up with the other side. I've spoken to a couple of dealers and they all agree that the slide is out of alignment. I will be taking it in for adjustment as soon as all this stinkin white stuff goes away.
https://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l1...04/TheRig3.jpg
scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 12:47 AM   #5
New Camper

I also have a 36SB. The kitchen slide has to much weight on it. With the fireplace, TV, audio, 17 cu/ft fridge,oven/cook top and corian counter top all on that one slide it almost completely stalls before bringing it in. Also when the slide is in, the base of the slide droops down below the fridge causting the doors to pop open in transit. My camper is in the repair shop right now with no fix.When we travel we have to put one of the couch cushions in front of the fridge so the doors don't swing open while travelling.They are suggestingI drive it 1200 miles to the factory to have it looked at or repaired

2008 Dodge Ram 3500 Mega cab Laramie 6.7 CTD

Edge chip,Cold air intake and Ride Rite air bags

https://img11.imageshack.us/img11/2508/truckm.png
Pumpman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 04:28 AM   #6
Full Time Camper

pumpman, I suggest you check with Randy at the factory and see if they will arrange transport for you. I believe I have read on some other posts that they have done this in the past.
2010 CF30SK Patriot
2007 CF30SK
dalemac377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 10:32 PM   #7
Weekend Camper

Problem - too much weight in fridge

Solution - drink more beer before closing slide.

Just kidding

Ours worked smoothly but was out of alignment and molding on front corner wore a hole in side panel and wrinkled bottom side belly skirting.

2009 CrossRoads Seville VF35RL

2000 Ford F-350 Cr
oldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 11:38 PM   #8
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpman
I also have a 36SB. The kitchen slide has to much weight on it. With the fireplace, TV, audio, 17 cu/ft fridge,oven/cook top and corian counter top all on that one slide it almost completely stalls before bringing it in. Also when the slide is in, the base of the slide droops down below the fridge causting the doors to pop open in transit. My camper is in the repair shop right now with no fix.When we travel we have to put one of the couch cushions in front of the fridge so the doors don't swing open while travelling.They are suggestingI drive it 1200 miles to the factory to have it looked at or repaired

i had a water leak problem in my roof. my local dealer that i bought the unit from tried three different times to repair it. they were morons. all they did was wipe silicone all over the place. two weeks later i go to a rv show close to my house and i express to a crossroads rep-chris krull(who happened to be with my local dealers tent area) and i expressed my frustration and i told him i would like to trade it in for the same unit.(my trailer was 9 months old). he asked me to allow him to pick my trailer up from my house and take it to crossroads and then return it back to me. its about 2000 mile round trip. i dealt w/ randy mishler directly they repaired any and everything i asked them to. they even upgraded some thingsfor me. my dealer had absoulutly no invovlement. randy told me i'd have it back in four weeks so i was very pleased to have it back in 2 1/2 weeks. that is the reason why i will be a repeat customer.give them a call they are a pleasureto deal with. good luck.

p.s. at the end of the day the leak was caused from a manfacturing error and randy told me that...thats honesty. he could have told me anything, he could have said that the dealer did'nt prep the trailer right or whatever. he took responsibility and then repaired it. rare.

2000 ford f350 v10-2008 ford oem rims & tires

https://i647.photobucket.com/albums/u...cture451-1.gif

spinella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 08:31 AM   #9
Full Time Camper

Not rare for Ramdy or Crossroads.
cwit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 10:59 AM   #10
New Camper

We ended up sending the camper back to the Crossroads factory for warranty repair. I can not say enough about how well we were treated by Randy, Andi and Crossroads. We received the camper back with all repairs completed. They slide out required some adjustment, bracing and the installation of a new slide motor with a higher gear reduction. The slide goes in and out perfectly now. the fridge doors now stay shut in transport. I did not know this kind of customer service still existed as these two people went above and beyond what was expected of them. Kudos to Randy, Andi and the Crossroads team.

Brian and Dawn

2008 Dodge Ram 3500 Mega cab Laramie 6.7 CTD

Edge chip,Cold air intake and Ride Rite air bags

https://img11.imageshack.us/img11/2508/truckm.png
Pumpman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 09:25 PM   #11
Full Time Camper

;od Stuff ...

'12 F350(NotShown) / '11 Rushmore 35RL
https://i53.tinypic.com/2qs5cw3.jpg
Ruck is offline   Reply With Quote