Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-16-2014, 04:06 PM   #1
Weekend Camper

Kitchen Faucet Spray Hose

We just took our 2015 Rushmore Washington out for its first trip last week. We stayed close to home to just get a chance to check out the unit and all the systems we could. Found some problems that we will go back to the dealer to resolve, hopefully, such as a galley light that keeps flickering off and on, a leaking shower door lower rail, a loose piece of wood trim, a wiring harness that comes out from under the bedroom slide each time it is extended and a folding dinette chair that broke off a leg the very first time someone attempted to sit in it.

One particularly irritating problem has to do with the kitchen sink faucet that has the built in pull out spray hose. It will not pull out!

Have a similar faucet in our home sink and thought it was just a minor problem of readjusting the hose retraction weight below the sink. No such luck! This thing is designed in such a way that the hose drags along the rear false wall under the counter, and there is no way to make it operate smoothly short of cutting that wall down.

Has anyone else experienced this problem, and what was done to resolve it? Due to commitments I will not be able to bring the unit to the dealer for several weeks, so just fishing for answers.
PRBaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 06:33 PM   #2
Full Time Camper

Rather than cutting the false wall, can you relocate it? Either further back or forward? I had a false wall in front of the water pump, two screws thru the floor and one along the side. It was ez to move it back and the extra few inches was just enough for our largest skillet to fit in the cabinet.

Texas Baptist Men-Retiree Builders member since '01
13 Silverado 3500HD D/A, 2wd CCSB srw, custom RKI bed
11 Cruiser CF32MK
https://www.picturetrail.com/dayle1
Dayle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 11:00 AM   #3
Weekend Camper

Kitchen faucet

Not sure if it can be moved or not. While looking at it, it appears to be a thin (1/8") plywood wall that is about 1-2 inches from the backside of the kitchen island's exterior wall, and does not go fully to the top. There is a space at the top that is maybe an inch wide across the entire false wall. Just big enough to let the faucet hose through, but not without the hose rubbing very hard against the wall when attempting to extend the hose. As a result, the hose will only extend about 3/4 of an inch, but then will not retract due to the binding on the wall. I thought that perhaps the hose and weight were supposed to be on the other side of the wall, between it and the exterior wall, but there was not enough room to get the hose to go through the space at the top. I am not too sure what this walls purpose is. I think it is just to prevent items from shifting in the cabinet and slamming into and possibly damaging the exterior wall of the island during transit. I know that on my Moen faucet at home it recommends an area of approximately 8 inches square be left clear for the hose to operate properly in the extension and retraction.

Currently have the unit in storage and it is pretty cold out. When the weather warms some (maybe next week) I will see if there is something I can do about it. Before I do anything, however, I believe I will give the dealer a chance to remedy the problem under the warranty.
PRBaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 09:29 AM   #4
Full Time Camper

Had a similiar issue in the house made a loop with a large zip tie anchored to the drain pipe.
Provided just enough tension to keep the hose from chafing the back wall. Did the trick.
Reese 16K Slider Wet Bolts
socoguy is offline   Reply With Quote