Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-10-2011, 10:13 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

Would like any input you may have concerning campgrounds in Yellowstone. The good ,bad and ugly. I plan on traveling there next summer. Will be spending several weeks on the road .Like wise with the Dakotas. Thank you Jerry

beeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 10:39 AM   #2
Site Team

We have stayed in a few of the campgrounds outside the park, and a few within the park. As far as I'm concerned, you get the most out of the experience if you stay inside the park. It has been quite a few years since we have been there so I hesitate to say much about them as things could have changed drastically by now. Here is a site where you might get some insight on it. What ever you decide, take your time and enjoy it, there is to much to see to hurry thru.
http://www.yellowstonenationalpark.com/camping.htm
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 02:46 PM   #3
Seasonal Camper

We stayed at fishing bridge several years ago and I believe that our reasoning still applies. This campground is near the center of the park. We divided the park into quadrants and had a central base to explore each section 1 day at a time

2019 Volante 240RL
mapachoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 12:06 AM   #4
Weekend Camper

Yellowstone Edge Rv Park, Emigrant mt. is outside the north entrance to Yellowstone. This is an outstanding, clean park right on the yellowstone river. One of the nicest rv parks we have stayed at in all our travels. It is about a 1/2 hour drive to the north entrance, well worth the trip.

2012 cruiser 335ss

2007 dodge diesel 2500
ozark green's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 07:08 AM   #5
Weekend Camper

We stayed at the Flagg Ranch (Moran) in July 2011. Theyhave full hookups, but only 20 amp service which was no problem,. They do have bath houses and laundry facilities a general store and a restaurant. The higher sites are better becausewater collects in some of the lower sites.This location is very convient for touring the Tetons, Rockfeller Preserve, and lower loop of the Yellowstone. The Upper loop of the Yellowstone is along days drive. We do plan on a return trip and will probably staythere again. Hope this information is helpful.

2012 King Ranch,F350,CC,SRW,

LWB,FX4,6.7 Diesel

2012 CR Cruiser 330SS

God Bless

https://i1095.photobucket.com/albums/...ictures005.jpg
Traveling Texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 10:24 AM   #6
Full Time Camper

Summer of 2010 we stayed at Colter Bay campgrounds in the Tetons. A little $$$ but in the park and Very Nice. Fishing Bridge was getting renovated so they were closed. Plus we wanted all the hook ups. We then went to the Rustic Wagon Campground in West Yellowstone. Campground was very nice and easy drive to all points of interest in the park.
Old 01-27-2012, 11:42 AM   #7
Family Vacation Member

I think Tower Falls cg in the park is a great location,You are close to Lamar valley where most of the wildlife is including wolves & bear & near Hayden Valley,Tower Falls gift shop is right there & also have food along with Roosevelt Lodge,No hookups,If you are under 30' there are some sites you will fit in, If you do go there let me know & i can keep an eye out for a site for you i will be there for the summer. I believe it's still $12 a nightEdited by: campsurveyor
Old 01-28-2012, 04:05 AM   #8
Family Vacation Member

we usually come in the north entrance spend a few nights at monmouth (no h/u),see the area and hot springs,,then move down to norris(no h/u)for a for a few days and see the hot pots and giesers,then move to fishing bridge(full h/u)for a week or so to see the lake area,,we usually call and make resv. for fishing bridge when we get to monmouth.
for teton np coulter bay f h/u(make resv.) and to see moose a night or two at groce ventre(no h/u),GO INTO JACKSON HOLE AND VISIT BAR J CHUCKWAGON for a show and bbq dinner

2011 cf285rl patriot cruiser

07 dodge cummings
joescuba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 10:11 PM   #9
Family Vacation Member

</span>We stayed at Yellowstone Holiday on Hebgen Lake this summer. 1/2 hour west of the west entrance. It is a beautiful spot on the lake with mountians behind you. $$$ compared to in the park. Fullhookups with 50 amp. You go through the town of West Yellowstone on your way to the park. Resonable groceries and all the trinkets you could possible need. We have a senior pass so mulitible trips to the park wasn't a problem. Made 4 days to the park to see it all and caught a big old lake trout one evening from the camper yard.
Old 03-07-2012, 04:14 AM   #10
Full Time Camper

Send a message via MSN to tator447

Old Farmer,
Whereabouts in WI are you? I am now retired and getting ready to hit the road and it seems as though I might be able to glean quite a bit from you. If you happen to be around before you hit the road and have some time to sit for a cup of coffee I would love to come meet you if you're up for it.

Thanks,
Jim Tator

Jim & Linda Tator
Watertown, WI
2013 Crusier CF34SS GMC 3500 8.1L Dually
154 nights in 2013 - 4,370 miles
178 nights in 2014 - 5,082 miles
365 nights in 2015 - 6,040 miles
tator447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 06:08 AM   #11
Site Team

Jim, I sent you a PM.