Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-31-2014, 01:32 PM   #21
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark5w View Post
Have you lubricated the mechanism below the slide from the outside??

Check out video on this site. http://www.protectall.com/sollong.aspx

Do the newer rigs have that type mechanism on the slide?
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 01:33 PM   #22
Full Time Camper

Check your battery and make sure it is fully charged. Also make sure the slide is not rubbing on the floor as it comes in. Mine was rubbing on one corner when almost all the way in. It finally grabbed the flooring and ripped a hole in the linoleum. Had to get the slide removed and lifted a half inch on that side, and floor replaced. Also make sure you are level when moving the slide in and out, that can also cause it to move slow or tip in an undesirable direction.

Jason & Wendy
2014 Ford F-350 Lariat 6.7L PSD
2015 Keystone Montana 3711FL
B&W Patriot 16K Fifth Wheel Hitch
cw3jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 02:17 PM   #23
Site Team

Lloyd, that mechanism is similar to what I have on the '13 Cruiser, don't know if they changed a little or alot.

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 10:02 PM   #24
Family Vacation Member

Send a message via Skype™ to Donjamin
My ST dealer recommend Wurth HHS-K lubricant for the slides on my 2013 ST CR 32 RL. I've used it for two years now and have not had a problem with my three slides. Here is a link to the reviews of this product on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Wurth-HHS-K-Sp...ews/B0093LR0M8

I also use it on my 5th wheel slider rails.

Don
2013 Sunset Trail 32RL 5th Wheel (no longer own)
Donjamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 08:21 PM   #25
New Camper

New 2015 28BH Owner

New here. Just purchased a Sunset Trail Reserve 28BH. Beautiful camper and will be picking it up next week. Thought I would join and read about any issues from owners. The slide problems posted concern me a little, as does the leaking around the slides. Where would one purchased the roll out covers that are mentioned? I am pretty handy and think I could install them myself.
Thanks
Steel Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 02:11 AM   #26
Weekend Camper

I installed a topper myself, well with a little help from my son. After research I chose Carefree of Colorado. Followed directions and had no problems.
Good luck and happy camping.
2001 ford excursion 7.3 diesel
Rick G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 05:59 AM   #27
Seasonal Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Horse View Post
New here. Just purchased a Sunset Trail Reserve 28BH. Beautiful camper and will be picking it up next week. Thought I would join and read about any issues from owners. The slide problems posted concern me a little, as does the leaking around the slides. Where would one purchased the roll out covers that are mentioned? I am pretty handy and think I could install them myself.
Thanks
Like with every product there are a few that don't fit together perfectly. There are thousands of trailers that use the same slide system and only a tiny percentage develope problems. It is unfortunate when they do but remember that people are far more likely to post issues than smooth operation.

We probably operated our slide 100 times last year and never had a single issue. We did make sure that we were on level ground or had the trailer levelled and either connected to shore power, our generator or the truck with it still running.

As for the slide leaking inspect the seals from both sides regularly. Use a good protectant like 303 to keep the seals supple and flexible. If you correcty level the trailer there should be no chance of them leaking. I dress my seals and slide rails before we but the trailer away after every trip as part of my regular maintanence.

When you get the trailer go over the roof at the dealer, inspect every joint to make sure nothing has been missed. If you have a skylight pay close attention to its seal to the roof membrane.

Enjoy the trailer, safe travels.
Old 02-14-2015, 07:07 AM   #28
Weekend Camper

The 2015 models went to a different slide mechanism....hopefully better
Westmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 08:09 AM   #29
Family Vacation Member

which slide?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westmich View Post
The 2015 models went to a different slide mechanism....hopefully better
When I bought my 2015 270BH I was assuming it had the Schwintek slide-nothing was covered in the walk through other than operation. It took a fair amount of research before I realized I had the AccuSlide system, and it is still unclear to me what type of maintenance I need to do on the system.

I have had zero issues with the AccuSlide so far. It would be good to know which slide system is having the issues, and the solutions for each.
Kingfish58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 09:28 AM   #30
Weekend Camper

In my research schwintek was the problem slide
Westmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 10:41 AM   #31
Family Vacation Member

Found this on the cable system says no maintenance mine has been working great seems a little slower then the other system and that's ok with me.

http://www.gulfstreamcoach.com/towab...%20Booklet.pdf
ridgerunner69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 03:39 PM   #32
Weekend Camper

Crossroads have had my st28bh sunsrt trail for the slide out and leak issues. Found that roof and sides were not plum and it bowed the the wall on slide. They called me and are going over my wish list of things . When I talked to rep he did admit that they don"t take there time putting the units together. They go on volume not quality. It is good that crossroads is working with us and adressing all our issues. We are waiting for some compensation because it has been out of service for so long. This will be a better year
wayne bair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 07:35 AM   #33
Family Vacation Member

I am so sick of winter. I can't come up with anything it is good for. We had 6 more yesterday and -5 with windchill -15 last night Brrr. We are so ready for spring.

John and Julie
Dubois, PA
2015 Zinger ZT31SB- 2008 Toyota Tundra
johnwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 09:47 AM   #34
Family Vacation Member

I feel for you were have spring like weather here on the west coast for our winter and the trees are budding up all ready quest i didnt need to winterize my trailer this year...lol going to start early camping this year
ridgerunner69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 03:37 PM   #35
Full Time Camper

Carefree of Colorado slide topper installed on mine. Love it

Jason & Wendy
Old 02-16-2015, 02:28 PM   #36
New Camper

Pull out issue

We also had troubles with the larger pull out on our sunset PB33 ,the dealer had to replace the motor/gearbox and its gone again ,thinking its a flaw with the assembly maybe,good thing for warrenty,not good when it runs out,also had issues with front jack,stereo/dvd,noisey floor and fireplace so far,again warrenty kicked in but 14 weeks waiting for parts,not good service that way.
RetiredChief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 11:09 AM   #37
Gone Traveling

my 2013 Sunset Trail Reserve 29SS has a mild slide issue. I have to physically push on the part of the slide towards the rear of the camper for about 5 seconds while retracting the slide to help get it started. After the slide gets started it is perfectly fine and retracts the remainder of the slide with no issue.
GHBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 11:57 AM   #38
Full Time Camper

Could be a bad or weak motor. Easy to replace and sometime in 2013 I belive they upgraded the motors because they weren't up to the task. You may have one of the old ones. Don't forget to hold the button for 3 to 5 seconds after the slide stops to keep the 2 motors in synch.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Jason & Wendy
Old 03-15-2015, 04:02 PM   #39
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHBlue View Post
my 2013 Sunset Trail Reserve 29SS has a mild slide issue. I have to physically push on the part of the slide towards the rear of the camper for about 5 seconds while retracting the slide to help get it started. After the slide gets started it is perfectly fine and retracts the remainder of the slide with no issue.
This is the same problem we have with our 30RE. Been in twice and seems to be no problems according to the dealer as it works for them.
Firestone Work-Rite
Kipor IG2000p
crowsnestflyfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 08:55 PM   #40
Weekend Camper

We have had same slide issues with front and left slide. Front has been fixed under warranty, but now dealer is shutting down. We are taking to a dealer locally not covered by warranty to see if he can help us out. Lippert slides don't seem to work very well and glad to hear they have stopped using them in the Sunset. Doesn't help us now, but hoping we can figure out a work around in case we get stuck open. Is there a way to close the slide if stops while open?

Jerry & Robin

2014 Sunset Trail Reserve 5th Wheel 32RL
2006 Chevy 3500 Duramax Allison Diesel
Jerry6583 is offline   Reply With Quote