Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-04-2013, 07:45 PM   #1
Weekend Camper

So I'm three months in on a 2014 3612 and have yet to find any major issues until now. The bed frame box has come apart. Other than that though all of the issues have been minor ones that can be taken care of at the end of the season.

I do have a question that comes to mind. the 3612 has two sewer drains on it. However I've never been able to get anything out of the rear drain. Anyone know what this is for and how I can leverage the tanks attached to the rear drain? Over a 5 day trip we just about fill up our galley and black. The board has indicators for 3 grays 2 blacks. I'm a little confused here.

estoltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 03:49 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

A few other owners have had the bed frame come apart, but more frequently the plywood bottom will sag. So, if you are going to fix it yourself, you might want to consider extra support for the plywood. Some floor plans have a second 1/2 bath, and so the extra black and grey tank lights on the monitor panel may be there to cover multiple floor plans. Regarding the additional sewer outlet, sometimes distance between tanks is too great and hence the second outlet behind the axles. Yet plenty of owners have connected the tanks together with small diameter rigid or flex line to equalize levels. And there is even the possibility that CR added one or two tanks, valves and the sewer outlet to your unit by mistake. You should be able to feel the sewer line thru the underbelly fabric, follow it and verify that one or two additional tanks are installed.

Texas Baptist Men-Retiree Builders member since '01
13 Silverado 3500HD D/A, 2wd CCSB srw, custom RKI bed
11 Cruiser CF32MK
https://www.picturetrail.com/dayle1
Dayle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 04:08 AM   #3
Weekend Camper

Well come to think about it the grey tank has to be there. I have washer dryer prep. I assume that would be gray. but if I have a black and a gray that would be nice to link them together and be able to balance them. maybe put a remote gate valve in there so I only use it on longstays with no sewerhookup.
Old 08-05-2013, 05:04 AM   #4
Full Time Camper

I don't think I would connect your black and gray tanks together. Two gray tanks you couldconnect to balance between them. The washer does dump into the gray tank.
Hunter11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 05:17 AM   #5
Weekend Camper

Thats what I was talking about. Black to Black (if there is indeed a second black) and gray to gray.
Old 08-05-2013, 05:50 AM   #6
Full Time Camper

It appears your unit has the same setup as ours. One 40 gallon black tank and two 40 gallon gray tanks. I am getting this off the Redwood site. One of our gray tanks is for the kitchen sink and the other is for the shower/bathroom sink/WD. I don't know about your unit but on ours one gray tank and the fresh water tank are behind the axles and the black and second gray tank are in front of them.
Hunter11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 05:59 AM   #7
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by estoltz

Thats what I was talking about. Black to Black (if there is indeed a second black) and gray to gray.

Black to black isn't a good idea, not enough room to use a large diameter pipe and too ez for a small diameter pipe to get plugged. But gray to gray is fine. You can place the outlet from the primary tank at whatever height you want, say 75%, and connect to the secondary tank as low as possible, even a Tee at the existing outlet.

Texas Baptist Men-Retiree Builders member since '01
13 Silverado 3500HD D/A, 2wd CCSB srw, custom RKI bed
11 Cruiser CF32MK
https://www.picturetrail.com/dayle1
Dayle1 is offline   Reply With Quote