Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-16-2013, 06:00 AM   #1
New Camper

So I thought I was buying a quality made rig. I have owned this unit since May and I have had one issue after another. It has hada leak under the couch slide since I bought it. When I went to putwater in thefresh water tank and test it since I have been on city water, and guess what it wouldn't fill and wanted to drain as quickly as the hose put it in. Was told it was fixed and that other line it was pouring out ofwas the drain, wrong! Dealer can not even get a schematic of plumbing and can't answer questions I have on the unit. Electric Water heater burnt out and I was never used by me, power to items installed in compartments were left powered off. Is there no quality control at Crossroads? You call and leave voicemail messages and get no response either.

I know there is some work that goes into ownership, but I figured its maintenance not me having the repair guy out over 8 times and its still not fixed,this is ridiculous.

The manual is junk as it doesn't pertain to your particular unit, nor is there a download that you can get concerning your particular unit. It refers you to the delaer who cna't answer questions and they refer you to Crossroads. Dealer says I have three packages in the unit: Performance, technology and Nitro packages, but you can not find a listing anywhere that describes what is in these packages.

The control panel shows 3 grey tanks and two black tanks. But I can only find 3 tank valves. It appears the rear tank is a mixed use tank? Don't know, because dealer has no clue.

Has anyone ever had this many issues? Has anyone invoked Lemon law on a trailer? Its been 5 months of not happy ownership at all!
cmecatchu2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 02:43 AM   #2
New Camper

Yes I agree that these toyhaulers are not ready for prime time. Quality control is limited to does it have four wall, if so ship it! I have the 2014 3612 model and have been dealing with issues from purchase. It's been in the shop more than on the road. First list of 20 items, from switches to rebuild of large slide, now rear leaf spring failure. Crossroads has been repairing, however once the year is up it's all on me! If we are having this many issues now, what does the future have in store for us ($). Redwood/Crossroads promised quality and that is what we should get. We need to get out now!
ofd163 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 08:06 AM   #3
JRC
New Camper

I just took delivery of my 20133612last month. I have a couple of issues, but reading here, I'mconcerned about what I may be looking forward to.
Old 10-25-2013, 03:44 AM   #4
Weekend Camper

The tank display is generic across different models. You have 2 gray tanks and 1 black tank. The same display is used on the model with the half bath in the garage, hence the 2nd black tank. One gray tank is bathroom and other gray tank is galley.

Technolgy package is the usb charger and the wifi ranger which would repeat a wifi system in a campground and boost signal inside the unit.
Old 11-06-2013, 06:59 AM   #5
New Camper

Thanks 2 Wheelglider-- I finally got a shcematic

The rear tank is a mixed use so its a black not a grey-- The 3812 does have the 1/2 bath in the garage. So the 1/2 bath toilet, sink and kitchen sink drain into that tank-- so anyone with a 3812 do not open thinking its strictly a grey tank like the outsidelabel says!!

Edited by: cmecatchu2
cmecatchu2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 10:14 AM   #6
Family Vacation Member

Question Schematic

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmecatchu2 View Post
Thanks 2 Wheelglider-- I finally got a shcematic

The rear tank is a mixed use so its a black not a grey-- The 3812 does have the 1/2 bath in the garage. So the 1/2 bath toilet, sink and kitchen sink drain into that tank-- so anyone with a 3812 do not open thinking its strictly a grey tank like the outsidelabel says!!

Edited by: cmecatchu2
Wheelglider -----where did you get the schematic? Can you post it here??

2014 Elevation 3616 5er
2015 F350 6.7L Diesel 4X4 - long bed, dually
Jerry Pinkard is offline   Reply With Quote