Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-20-2012, 11:21 AM   #1
New Camper

I have a ST29RL. The cold water pressure at the toilet, shower and kitchen sink is very low. I get a 1/8" diameter flow of water at those locations. The bathroom sink and outside shower are fine.

I rigged up a way to run water in through the low water drain and then I am able to get good water pressure.

It doesn't matter if I am using the pump or water from an outside source.

There are not any visible blocks or kinks in the line that I can see after taking the panel off to get to the pump and back of water heater.

I have taken the toilet out to look down through the hole where the water line comes up for the toilet, but don't see issue there (small hole).

Hot water flow is great.

Any ideas? Is there any kind of flow meter in the line?

How do you get to the water lines to check them out?

Arkansas
1963beetle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 12:30 PM   #2
Family Vacation Member

1963beetle, if you haven't already, I would remove the filter/head from the shower and the kitchen sink faucet to see if they are not blocked by residue. Your issues are too random for it to be much of anything else. As far as the toilet goes, there is a small valve that controls the flow when you press the pedal (foot or hand) that is probably also blocked with residue/sediment. You did not indicate how old the unit is, but most of us can tell you from experience that it only takes one campground with unfiltered water to stop up everything. Good luck. Edited by: delqcc

Kernersville, NC

2011 Ram 4500 SLT 4x4

2005 PF36SK
delqcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 12:44 PM   #3
Full Time Camper

I agree with Delqcc. Another check is to pull one of the hoses off a faucet and hold the hose into a bucket to see if the water pressure is good "before" the fixture.

Stan is offline   Reply With Quote