Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-13-2012, 04:13 AM   #21
Weekend Camper

Thanks Ridgerunner, that link was very helpful in downloading the owners manual for the rear jack and also the front hitch jack!!
Utahgoldrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 11:41 PM   #22
Weekend Camper

jtipie- did you ever find out from the dealer if it was necessary, as you have done, to remove the motor in order to extend the jack down manually? Seems like there area few things being mentioned on here lately, as you have done or disconnecting the wires to the motor as you tried or just disconnecting the cables to the battery. We have to figure out a way to manually extend our rear jacks for our first trip before we can take it back to the dealer.
Utahgoldrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 12:18 AM   #23
Full Time Camper

Go to this link for manuals to all of Lippert's Leveling and Stabilization Manuals.

http://lippertcomponents.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=175&I temid=104

The manual states to just disconnect the wire to the motor. You do not have to remove it.
'04 Dodge 2500 Quadcab CTD
gball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 04:29 AM   #24
Family Vacation Member

Our dealer said that if you disconnect the battery, then manually raise the stabilizers, then reconnect the battery, you'll be fine. There is a clutch in the motor that locks when the stabilizers are down. by disconnecting the battery, that lock releases, allowing you to crank up the stabilizers. Once up, reconnecting the batter will lock them in the up position until you can get them in for repair.

Not sure this is exactly right, but it's my understanding based on what they told me.

mikenannie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 05:10 AM   #25
Weekend Camper

OK, so it's been established the need to disconnect the battery to enable using the manual crank to raise the stabilizer jacks. Now, do we disconnect battery to retract the awning if the electric motor quits working? Our dealer told us to connect the two wires on the right side of the awning arm, and then connect them to a fully charged battery. I guess I should've asked more questions, but this doesn't make sense. Must we hold that fully charged battery while the awning is retracting (picture it), or should we be carrying extra electrical wire in our toolbox! Again, I didn't see any disconnects to the awning wires. Do we cut em? Anyone ever have the problem of the awning not working? Maybe I should be on the "Preppers" forum and I'm worried about nothing!!

Gary & Judy

Special Olympian Nic,

and Cody,the Chocolate Wonderdog

ST30RE
Chz hed campers is offline   Reply With Quote