Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-01-2013, 01:49 PM   #1
Weekend Camper

So I'm picking up a 3612 in a week. I am looking for some measurements to determine if I need the sidewinder installed on it or not. If there are any owners that wouldn't mind doing a measurement I would appreciate it.

I am looking for the distance between the pin and the furthest point on the nose. This is to check for cab clearance.

Second I am looking for the distance from the pin up the arm until you get a 5 inch rise above the pin plate. Looking at bed rail clearance. I currently have a hitch that sits 5 inches below the rails. It is 2 ft from each of the rails (rambox/flareside style bed) and it is 37 inches from the back of the cab.

Thanks for the help.
estoltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 07:15 PM   #2
Weekend Camper

Wish I could give you some real measurements, but my 3612 is already on our mountain lot for the summer.

In the meantime, the front cap appears to be short bed friendly, but I have a long bed dually. Regarding height, the elevations sit relatively high, bed clearance on my 12 gmc dually is more than adequate for clearance.
Old 05-01-2013, 09:22 PM   #3
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2wheelglider
Wish I could give you some real measurements, but my 3612 is already on our mountain lot for the summer.

In the meantime, the front cap appears to be short bed friendly, but I have a long bed dually. Regarding height, the elevations sit relatively high, bed clearance on my 12 gmc dually is more than adequate for clearance.

Thanks. With regard to the height clearance I'm more worried about the pin arm clearing the side rails. I essentially have 2 ft (24 inches) to clear the 5 inch drop from the height of the side rails to the height of the hitch. The other thing I noticed is that on my truck the hitch sits at about 50 inches off ground level.
Old 05-22-2013, 08:43 AM   #4
New Camper

I work at a dealer that sells Elevation. We don't have a 3612 right now but we've got a 3812.I'd think that measurement would be the same on all models but I could be mistaken. I can try and find a tape and go measure what we've got as a baseline for you.
bthompson@exploreusa.com

-2002 Ford F-350 4x4 Powerstroke
-2003 Holiday Rambler Presidential
BrianExplore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 02:19 AM   #5
Weekend Camper

Thanks Brian. I ended up picking it up. I had to go with the sidewinder hitch. I decided to run down to richmond and check it out the week before.
Old 09-29-2014, 10:58 AM   #6
Family Vacation Member

Eric,
I have the 3616, and tow it with a Ford 350 short bed. I use a Pull-rite super glide hitch with no issues.
Jerry Pinkard is offline   Reply With Quote