Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-17-2014, 09:12 AM   #21
Family Vacation Member

My 3912 came with only one battery. Needless to say that was the 1st thing that went pear shaped. I will convert it to a 2 x 6V platform soon, but it now lives in a new storage place that has power hooked up all the time.

2013 Elevation 3912
2017 Dodge RAM 3500HD Dually with AISIN
2014 KTM 1190 Adventure R
englishmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 11:17 AM   #22
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishmatt View Post
Nah Jerry, It's a bit of a sore subject for me. They sliced it open to get all the bundled up duct work out, then taped it up with some RV fiber tape (which came loose so they had to re-do it). Tape matches the color of the bottom and is about 3" wide. The slit they cut was about 3ft long in an L-shape. Work was done a few months ago now (in the spring when it was cold) and it's holding well. Tape isn't peeling...nothing.

So although it's "sealed" to repair standards, it's not a perfectly complete single sheet any longer. I think I'm just too picky.
Had the no-heat issue in the living space from new. With the dealer 3hrs away and reading the forums for info, traced the furnace ducts and then pulled a few of the lower cover bolts to push a flexible camera inside. Saw the long, kinked heat duct, saw wire harnesses laying all over and general construction junk inside. Only takes about 15 minutes to remove the front and side bottom cover bolts and supports since several bolts were missing....
Supported the heat duct, removed the kinks and shortened it up. Supported the wire harnesses, removed the trash - tops of spray cans, extra connectors, tape, electrical tape roll (empty) from underneath and sealed it all back up with a few extra bolts where they were missing. I was impressed with the quality of materials used ( as I have said all along), just disappointed with the workmanship.
Denny
President, Susquehanna Valley Chapter Shelby Dodge Auto Club (SDAC).
denviola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 07:40 AM   #23
New Camper

I have a 2013 Crossroads Elevation 3912. I have lived in in full time since February of 2013.

I had the bedroom AC unit go out after a few months, replaced under warranty.

Other than that, it's just been a few small things here and there that I've been able to troubleshoot (and I'm not handyman lol) One was a leaking skylight, and I just put some caulk around it and fixed it.

Right now it's in the shop for the winter because I cut a corner too close and did some damage. Nothing by fault of the trailer, but being in snowy PA this winter I decided to store it and get an apartment so I could get the damage fixed. Progressive kept hounding me to fix it.

Other than that (knock on wood) I've been very fortunate with the trailer. Like I said, I live in it full time and have towed it around 3000 miles or so. I'm looking forward to getting back into it and out of my apartment.
danwel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 07:57 AM   #24
Family Vacation Member

Thank you for your positive reply. Since my troubles, the unit has been perfect. I am looking forward to getting back out in it.

2013 Elevation 3912
2017 Dodge RAM 3500HD Dually with AISIN
2014 KTM 1190 Adventure R
englishmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 11:03 AM   #25
Family Vacation Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by denviola View Post
Had the no-heat issue in the living space from new. With the dealer 3hrs away and reading the forums for info, traced the furnace ducts and then pulled a few of the lower cover bolts to push a flexible camera inside. Saw the long, kinked heat duct, saw wire harnesses laying all over and general construction junk inside. Only takes about 15 minutes to remove the front and side bottom cover bolts and supports since several bolts were missing....
Supported the heat duct, removed the kinks and shortened it up. Supported the wire harnesses, removed the trash - tops of spray cans, extra connectors, tape, electrical tape roll (empty) from underneath and sealed it all back up with a few extra bolts where they were missing. I was impressed with the quality of materials used ( as I have said all along), just disappointed with the workmanship.
Denny
Denny,
What front and side bottom covers are you talking about. Do you have a picture you can share?

Thanks,

2014 Elevation 3616 5er
2015 F350 6.7L Diesel 4X4 - long bed, dually
Jerry Pinkard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 09:23 AM   #26
Weekend Camper

2014 Elevation TH

We love ours.... Had a minor problem with Lippert Slide on the LARGE Living Room slide... Sometimes comes "uneven".... Fix is easy as retracting all the way.... allow a few minutes to "cool" (I guess); then extend as usual. This appears to "re-align". Smaller slides (kitchen & master) have never been an issue (knock on wood)....

Had issue with wires and harness under slides by wheelwells... There is a hard plastic piece that holds wires away from tires when retracted; this piece broke allowing electrical wires too close to tires. (We used a bungee cord to hold away). This worked until we were able to get the extended warranty to cover it completely....

Good luck... Let us know what you decide to do.... Happy Trails
Mollymist is offline   Reply With Quote