Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-15-2014, 01:05 PM   #1
New Camper

First Year Problems

First time post. Have a new 2014 ST270BH. Had lots of problems with various things that were not noticed in PDI. Local dealer went bankrupt a month after purchase. The nearest authorized dealer is 8hrs away. Luckily Crossroads allowed us to find someone locally to fix problems that we could get re-reimbursed for.

Has anyone else had a similar experience?

P.S. The camping's been great!!

Old 08-15-2014, 02:08 PM   #2
Weekend Camper

Off topic but that is great picture of what looks like an amazing campsite, sorry you had an issue with warranty issues

2014 Crossroads Sunset Trail Reserve ST33PB
2013 Ford F150 SCREW 4X4 EcoBoost Max Tow 6'5" bed 3.73 Tuxedo Black
Equal-i-zer Hitch
SJEagles609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 02:32 PM   #3
Site Team

Naps, There has been reports of CR allowing other members to get warranty work done by service centers other then CR dealers.
They have to be commended for extending service in that fashion.

I have to agree with SJEagle, great looking camp site.
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 06:27 PM   #4
Full Time Camper

Glad it worked out for you and CR stepped up.
X3 on the campsite.
Reese 16K Slider Wet Bolts
socoguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 08:44 PM   #5
Full Time Camper

Unfortunately every brand has new trailer issues. I only had a few with my zinger but unfortunately have quite a few with my new Sabre (forest river/palomino). In the case of both my trailers the dealerships got the repairs done but I'm seeing a huge difference between the two dealerships. The zinger came from a camping world near me and they would keep my trailer for long periods of time for even simple repairs. They would always blame crossroads for the delay but the minute I started calling every day or two for an update, suddenly my warranty would be approved and my repairs done. They also damaged my tt while in their lot. The 5er came from a different local dealership (bill plemmons) and they have been very good so far. I had 3 rather big issues less than a month into ownership. My trailer has been at the dealership for two weeks and is now ready for me to pick it up tomorrow. They also got me in almost immediately after my call because slides stuck partially out in a brand new trailer is really not good. Also had a bum microwave and a cracked shower. They are taking care of me.

My point is regardless of manufacturer, you will have issues, the key is if the manufacturer stands behind their product. Crossroads appears to be doing right by you. Sorry to hear your dealership went belly up. Sadly crossroads has had some dealership issues (then again, so have other manufacturers). Hopefully the new trailer kinks get worked out under warranty and you have a happy camper when it's done.

2014 Chevy Silverado 3500 SRW Duramax
2011 Zinger ZT26BL-sold
2014 Sabre 34REQS

***Member of the Mason-Dixon Group***
anaro is offline   Reply With Quote