Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-24-2012, 11:48 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

Send a message via AIM to Woody Send a message via MSN to Woody Send a message via Yahoo to Woody
My 2006 Cruiser 29re under belly tire carrier has gone

bad and I would like to replace it with an identical one

that will fit the same bored holes, does anyone know

where one could be found, thanks.

2006 Cruiser CF29RE (sold)

1996 F350 PSD Dully (sold)

Honda 2000i (2)
Woody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 09:59 PM   #2
Full Time Camper

If one went bad why buy another. I would get one out of a truck that is much better. Sorry the factory one's just seem to be junk.
cwit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 09:03 AM   #3
Full Time Camper

I sure hope this link helps.

http://www.crossroadsrv.com/forum/fo...s.asp?TID=1684
Old 02-27-2012, 10:49 AM   #4
Full Time Camper

I have seen winch style on EBay...thought about putting our spare under a-frame hitch
2014 Zinger 32QB
ewbldavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 10:42 PM   #5
Family Vacation Member

This is from LCI's site. Probably the same thing

http://www.lci1.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article& id=166:storageunderchassis&catid=34

2009 CT31RL

2016 Chevrolet 2500HD High Country

Hensley Hitch
ajlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 10:28 AM   #6
Seasonal Camper

I went to the RV place. But a rear bumper install kit. Under $50. Need to know the size of the bumper. ex 4 x 4.. And bought a spair tire cover while i was there. Need to know the tire size. Didn't like the tire under the front like that. Scared it was going to fall off being it was only held on by a tiny cable and cheap looking ratchet.

2005 Cruiser

2001 F250 7.3

danskool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 01:13 AM   #7
Seasonal Camper

We had our dealer install a bumper mount for the spare tire and it works well. 9,000 miles on it and no problem. It sure beats the heck out of having to deal with the tire under the trailer!

https://www.runnerduck.com/images/dev...andtrailer.jpg

KennyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 06:46 AM   #8
Family Vacation Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyB
We had our dealer install a bumper mount for the spare tire and it works well. 9,000 miles on it and no problem. It sure beats the heck out of having to deal with the tire under the trailer!

After years of having the bumper mount spare tire I was excited when we got our first Crossroads with an undermount spare. Now this one is the same & Love it.

No weight boucing up & down on the bumper,ability to use bumper in another way.

I almost never need to use the spare and when I have toI crank it down & pull it out & install as needed. When done I usually put the flat in the truck bed till repaired & then reinstall & put the spare back as before. Out of site out of mindand ready when needed 2times in 8 years now & many many miles so I won't work up a sweat thinking about it but only when I need it will I then sweat for a few minutes. Heck we go back to when they didn't even carry a spare tire..JMHO jb
Old 03-22-2012, 01:37 PM   #9
Seasonal Camper

I Didn't trust it under there. The winch looks cheap and i seen what happened to a camper that the tire fell off from the winch falling apart and dropping the tire. The tire tore everything up under the camper. 2, one my friends had one that Jammed, It would not go down. Roadside service tech somehow cut the cable so they can get the tire off. 3, I haven't seen the spair tire crank thingy in some time,(YEARS) It is either barried in the basement or one of the kids used it for hotdogs on the bomb fire. What then? Don't ask me how i know this can happen.. A lug nut wrench is always handy. Have multiple means and tools for lug nuts.. Don't leave home without them. AND, Other fellow rv'rs have the same lug nuts.

I would venture bet i could get the tire off the rear bumper quicker and easier than squeezing between the truck bumper and camper to crank the tire down then cranking the cable back up.. lol.. All that squeezing, Bending and twisting.. eeks. On vacation dang it. hehe.. Been there and done that. The bumper was much easier. Now i just open the storage bay, Grab my 18v battery impact and lug extension socket and walk to the back. Braaaap, Tire comes off.. Back to the truck, grab plastic tire aid, tire lifting thingy.. Pull camper up on ramp Braaap, Braap, Braap, Braap, Braap.. Tire is off.. Put spair on.. Braaap,braap,braap,braap,braap.. Tire on.. Toss spare in truck, put impact, plastic ramp thingy and spare tire cover away in storage.. Tire change in less than 10 minutes. barely the amount of time it takes to call roadside. And it was less time than my wife took to make a pot of coffee .. hehe LOL.. By the way.. impact torques at 100 ft pounds. Good enough and tested frequently. on fresh charged before every trip battery of course

No weight bouncing around. It is fastened securely. I have had 4 bikes on my bumper. I mounted a hitch with a bike rack. I have also had a back platform for generator but gave up on that, used it once and sold it.. Tire wasn't in the way either way Plus anything you put back there, your back to "weight bouncing up & down "

Lastly, Checking the air pressure before every trip or screwing on the monitor system sensor was a pain. Now i just pop off the cover and check psi and screw on sensor. No cranking or crawling on my backside.

2005 Cruiser

2001 F250 7.3

danskool is offline   Reply With Quote