Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-20-2011, 06:24 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

I have to replace my tank sensors on my 08 Zinger travel trailer. It looks to have a 1 piece covering on the bottom. How hard is that to remove to get access to the tanks and normally are the sensors on the end of the tank near the pipe outlets? Thanks in advance.
Sailorman3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 10:54 AM   #2
hhh
Seasonal Camper

Why are you looking to replace them? Not working? It is fairly normal for tank sensors to quit working. Some have had some success using various methods to clean them but most of us just learn to live with sensors not working.

hhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 05:54 PM   #3
Weekend Camper

Thats correct they are not working so I have purchased a new kind of sensor that has teflon around them to prevent them from giving incorrect readings. I am putting my trailer into a seasonal campground and will not be duming every week so I relly need a acurate reading. Even my freshwater tank is reading incorrectly. Itis reading full at all times but I think that may just be a wiring problem but I still need to get at the tanks in order to fix them.
Old 03-21-2011, 03:19 AM   #4
Family Vacation Member

If i was going to go to the trouble of replacing my tank sensors I think I would replace them with the SeeLevel system.

There is a nice write up on them here.

https://i213.photobucket.com/albums/c...rawberry-1.jpg
rock1424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 04:20 AM   #5
Seasonal Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by rock1424

If i was going to go to the trouble of replacing my tank sensors I think I would replace them with the SeeLevel system.

There is a nice write up on them here.
X2 Then you do not have to remove the old sensors and worry about a leak.
rcflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 05:47 AM   #6
Weekend Camper

The one's that I am replacing them with are "Horst Miracle Probes". They are new on the market but are suppose to be really good, and much cheaper that the other system. They have a really good video on their web site.
Old 03-21-2011, 01:47 PM   #7
Seasonal Camper

Suggest you do a search on RV.net before you go with the Horst Miracle Probes. I read some of the reports some were still having problems with black tanks.
rcflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 01:54 PM   #8
Family Vacation Member

I just finished installing Horst Miracle probes in our 08 CF32BL cruiser. I could not install in same place as originals without dropping tank . I mounted on back side. I just drilled new holes a nd installed. Very easy! Filled tank, no leaks. Will try these out before going more expensive.
malojeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 02:03 AM   #9
Weekend Camper

So getting back to the question that I had from the beginning, "Are the probes on the end of the tank where the pipes and fittings come out, and how hard is it to pull the 1 piece plastic cover off".
Old 03-23-2011, 01:50 PM   #10
Family Vacation Member

Hey Sailorman ,on the cruiser there is a black fabric held on by screws and rails not sureon Zinger, I had to install probes on rear side of tank since I would have to drop black tank to instakk probes on side.
malojeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 12:18 AM   #11
Seasonal Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailorman3
So getting back to the question that I had from the beginning, "Are the probes on the end of the tank where the pipes and fittings come out, and how hard is it to pull the 1 piece plastic cover off".
I can't help with the location of the tank probes but as far as the 1 piece cover goes, 1 person can take it down with no problems. Getting it back on with 1 person is more of a job. If you can get an extra person to help put it back on would be ideal. But if you can't no big deal, it just takes a little longer. I don't know where your black tank is but if possible just take the cover down far enough to get to the tank and that's all. If you can leave the front half or back half on and get the job done then I would suggest that.
https://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l1...04/TheRig3.jpg
scott is offline   Reply With Quote