Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-08-2014, 10:21 AM   #41
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by eirrehs View Post
We were told that we have to buy it before doing the PDI. So who knows what else is wrong.
There is absolutely no way in **** I'd sign anything before doing a complete PDI! Never, and I wouldn't sign anything and they wouldn't get my money until every single thing was made right. I cannot believe a dealer would pull something like that! There is just no way. OMG. Now the dealer can futz around with your RV and take his sweet old time...after all, they've got your money now.
Old 01-08-2014, 10:33 AM   #42
Weekend Camper

Thanks Bobbi! You're so right. They have the trailer and our money! I just hope they do the right thing. When the motor in the slide is fixed we will be able to do our PDI.
eirrehs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 11:06 AM   #43
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Thanks Bobbi! You're so right. They have the trailer and our money! I just hope they do the right thing. When the motor in the slide is fixed we will be able to do our PDI.
I hope they do you right also. I feel bad for you. We are all rooting for you! Please keep us updated.
Old 01-09-2014, 01:19 PM   #44
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Update - our new trailer has to have the entire slide motor replaced! I guess we get to see first hand how fast Crossroads responds! They tell us it could be 1-3 weeks!
Just my opinion but I would call Crossroads and ask why it would take so long for them to get the part as this is a new unit. They may put a priority on it.
2013 Zinger 30KB - Sold
CrossroadsRV Rally 2013 & 2014 - Northeast Crossroads Rally 2014 - Mason-Dixon Rally 2014
BODERRVING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 06:28 PM   #45
New Camper

3616 problems too.

We purchased a 2013 Elevation 3616 last mid July. Tear in living room vinyl floor was identified during PDI along with a laundry list of other items. Some items were minor, others were quite significant. I asked how the unit could be presented to a customer in this fashion and was told that the units go to shows and such and no one verifies their condition after the dealer's initial receiving inspection. The floor was replaced, only to be damaged again, when the service department was testing their repairs. The dealer, Crossroads, and Schwintek collaborated toward resolution that required upgraded parts from Schwintek. I'm sorry that I don't exactly know which parts they are. I was growing more and more frustrated as time went on. We did not get our new RV from the dealer until the end of November. Yes that was 4 months of making payments on my new RV that was still at the dealer. It was probably a month before any parts were received from the factory to start repairs and the dealer laid blame on Crossroads for the delay. I have since initiated another repair order for the rubber seal on the front of the same living room slide that is eating itself along with the awning LED lights working intermittently. After a few days with no response from the dealer, I inquired the warranty authorization status only to find out the dealer had not processed anything as of yet. The dealer was busy processing warranty information with the 80 new SOLD units from the recent RV show. Received the RV right in front of the holidays has minimized our opportunity to do much with the unit and we continue to learn how to use all aspects of the camper as well as find other issues. I have begun to perform repairs to the unit myself that are within my scope and don't require parts that are difficult to obtain. I find it much simpler that the dealer/factory process. Does anyone have a Vizio soundbar beneath their living room TV? If so, where is your sub-woofer located that is part of the package?
uptownzephy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 07:01 PM   #46
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by uptownzephy View Post
We purchased a 2013 Elevation 3616 last mid July ... I have begun to perform repairs to the unit myself that are within my scope ...
You should contact Crossroads warranty department and ask them to work with you directly. Other owners have done that. I know we needed a door replacement and they sent it directly to us as we can replace it ourselves.

Good luck and sorry for your frustration with your dealer. This reminds me of another forum member who vehemently says that you should never pay for the unit until you have inspected it and had it repaired to your satisfaction.

Also, you should ask Crossroads for a warranty extension since you did not get your unit until November.
2013 Zinger 30KB - Sold
CrossroadsRV Rally 2013 & 2014 - Northeast Crossroads Rally 2014 - Mason-Dixon Rally 2014
BODERRVING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 09:30 PM   #47
New Camper

You will find the sub behind the tv wall it's mounted on the floor where they have the water heater and heater. Access through the storage compartment next to the battery compartment. I also have had many issue with my 2014 3612, it has been a process to say the least! Requesting a 4 month extension on my warranty. Bill Hodges at Crossroads has been been very helpful getting issues resolved.
ofd163 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 08:35 AM   #48
New Camper

Thanks, I'll look there. I have no bass so perhaps the sub-woofer just came unplugged.
uptownzephy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 10:58 AM   #49
Weekend Camper

3912 Update - we did our inspection on Thursday. The slide is fixed and we walked the unit to find only minor repairs needed. Our technician was very thorough with the walk-thru and explained how the Schwintek system works and the do's and don'ts of working the slide outs. He was extremely helpful. Here are a few pointers that I will share with the forum: When putting the slide(s) out, hold the button and DO NOT STOP pushing it until fully out. Once out, DO NOT LET GO of the button, continue to hold for 3 seconds once the unit stops. Do this when pulling the slides in as well. IF you have to stop in the middle of putting the slides in or out, don't worry just push the button again in the same direction (but just know, this will put the alignment of the two tracks offline a little). If your slide gets stuck in or out, push the button twice (quickly) in the opposite direction and then push in the right direction (don't let go, keeping holding like instructions mentioned above). This will send power to the motor. I can't remember how he said to fix your track alignment if your tracks are offline, I will have to get another demonstration of that. I will post once I know.
He recommended changing all the lights inside the trailer to LED's and said the cheapest place to find them is on www.miniinthebox.com. He said the lights get really hot, especially over the mirror in the bathroom.
Maintenance:
1. Use CRC to lube slides every 2-3 months. Spray along top of track and within the snake looking grooves. Make sure to do top track and bottom track on each side of the slide.
2. Spray the rubber part of slides with Rubber Seal Conditioner (foam) at the same time. Extends the life of the slides. Is a UV protectant and repels water.
3. Spray decals on the outside of RV with 303 Aerospace Protectant to keep them from peeling. This a vinyl-safe UV protectant. Use this before waxing your RV.
4. Use 303 Aerospace Protectant on all of the skylights to protect the plastic covers from cracking. It is a UV protectant. OR buy the MaxAir2 covers for all (best solution). www.303products.com but can be purchased at Wal-Mart.
5. If purchasing a satellite, WinGuard is the best and to get a portable one, not a roof mounted.
6. Use a silicon lube on the awning.
7. Add a pizza stone (round or square) to the bottom of the oven to distribute the heat evenly. Leave it in there all the time.
8. If you have the night shades (continuous blinds), pull all the way down and spray with Starch and then roll up to dry. This will hold the crease. And if they get out-of-whack, tighten the string at the bottom.
9. If purchasing a washer/dryer, do not get the all-in-one...get the stackable ones. They take up more space, but are better in the long run.

I hope all this helps you! And feel free to share any tips that you know of!

Thanks!
eirrehs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 12:38 PM   #50
Site Team

That was a mouthful. Thanks for sharing all the great info you received. Sounds like they treated you well and gave you a lot of tips.

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 01:24 PM   #51
Full Time Camper

That's waaaaaay more info than I got during my PDI!

Tim
13 ST25RB
08 F-250 SC 6.8L XLT 4x4
Tim D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 07:36 PM   #52
Full Time Camper

Thanks Sherrie for all the great information. Will try your tips out as soon as the frozen tundra melts. 30"snow and -6F.
Faribault MN
LeBo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 10:55 AM   #53
Family Vacation Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2wheelglider View Post
I agree, they make the coax connections very confusing. Neither my dealer nor the factory could answer the questions. Thankfully, I am in the low voltage industry and have equipment to trace coax cable. Here is what I found. You should have 2 coax cables at the bedroon tv, one is hooked up to the tv. The second coax at the bedroom tv goes to the main tv single coax wall plate. My best guess for this is to feed the satellite lnb feed from outside directly to the front bedroom for a sat receiver in front. The double coax wallplate that is unused is for satellite connections. One goes outside to the hookups and the other one goes up to the roof for a rooftop satellite dish. That connection is under a blank plate by the garage roof vent. You should also have a set of rca cables that go from the DVD player to the front tv. I also found a set of rca cables behind the wall in the garage by the cable outlet, but have never found the other end??? I also have a spare ooax that I can not find. When I pulled the antenna booster out of the wall, there was a extra cable attached to it but have yet to find the other end. I am guessing it is for an outside tv but can not find it.

I found a good way to distribute satellite to the other tvs is with a a/b switch for coax. I take the cable tv input from the booster and put that feed to the a/b switch. I take the coax output of satellite receiver and put that to the other input of a/b switch. The output of the a/b switch goes to the input of the antenna booster. That way I can easily switch from cable to satellite.

Have not investigated the water drains.

If I remember, the generator uses on average three quarter a gallon per hour at half load.

On my first outing, I hooked up the campground Co-ax to the plug in the water compartment that was not labeled "Satellite" (there are two plugs at this location). The TV in living room did not get the signal. Then, I unplugged the TV input co-ax from Antenna plug (behind TV) and plugged it into the plug that mirrored the outside plug (Two plugs, one labeled Satellite. Plugged into one not labeled). Still no signal. Then I moved the campground connection to the outside "Satellite" plug, moved the co-ax from TV to "Satellite" plug and was able to get cable signal at TV. How do I get this cable signal to the bedroom and garage TV's. They still had no cable signal. The garage TV only has one co-ax plug available. I am not sure, but I seem to recall the bedroom TV only had one co-ax receptacle, also. I have an Elevation 2014 3616.
Jerry Pinkard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 11:39 AM   #54
Full Time Camper

Sherri, have had schwintek systems in 3 rv's and I will tell you that 'someone' doesn't know that they are talking about !

Not you, but whomever told you that...

Our covered storage area where we've kept the last two rv's only let's me get the slides out part way before it will hit the roof supports and I've gone in and out with the slides 100's of times without issue...

If it gets out of sync, it's probably binding on something - the height or width of the opening is not big enough for the slide or the base is dragging and needs an adjustment...

good luck and I am so tired of misinformation being given to us owners...
(I probably have a pretty fair idea of which dealer you purchased from given what you were told !)
Old 09-29-2014, 06:24 PM   #55
Weekend Camper

Hello all,

We purchased ours in August and during our PDI they were adamant about holding the slide button for 3 to 5 seconds after the slide stopped moving (in or out) - that this will sync the motors. I asked about having to stop short as we are in covered parking and they said not a problem just to make sure to hold the button in when you bring it in
2014 Cruiser Aire 30DB (Bunk house)
DavidandJennifer is offline   Reply With Quote