Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-13-2014, 06:12 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

slide room adjustment?

I have an 08 30sk. On the left slide room that holds the fridge, stove and TV, there is a portion of the counter top the over laps the non slide counter top. When the slide is full out this over lapping part actually rests on the non slide portion that it over laps. It it so close that it could easily start to pull the counter top loose. I'm wondering if I should try to make an adjustment to the slide room and if anyone has experience doing this or has also seen the problem. I've do have the PDF of from Lippert in operation and service but I'm not exactly sure where to start. thanks for any help.
Dan
08 cruiser 30SK 5er, solid surface counter tops, 400 watt solar system, 6k axles, dexter never adjust brakes, 16" LTs draging a hyde drift boat behind an 08 Chevy Silverado 2500HD 4X4, Duramax-Ally, CCLB.
dbflyrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 05:03 PM   #2
Full Time Camper

I have adjusted my slides, but just vertically. But not side-to-side, which is what it sounds like you need first. I would measure the space between the slide out and the opening in the main wall on both sides. Do this with the slide closed and then again with it almost fully open. This should tell you if the slide out is just offset too close to the fixed counter or if the slide out is tracking at an angle.

If the slide out is tracking straight, but just shifted to one side, then the brackets underneath can be adjusted to center the slide out in the opening. There are two horizontal bolts and a vertical adjusting bolt, these are used to change vertical alignment and you probably don't need to touch them. But there are also two vertical bolts that screw into a crossmember under the slide out. The bracket has slotted holes. Loosen these bolts with the slide out fully extended, then apply pressure to push the bracket toward the side with insufficient clearance. Then retighten the bolts. Now open and close the slide out a few times and it should shift in the opposite direction.

If the slide out is tracking at an angle better let an RV tech fix the problem.

Texas Baptist Men-Retiree Builders member since '01
13 Silverado 3500HD D/A, 2wd CCSB srw, custom RKI bed
11 Cruiser CF32MK
https://www.picturetrail.com/dayle1
Dayle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 07:30 AM   #3
Weekend Camper

Thanks Larry, With your info I did some measuring yesterday. It does seem to be out about 1/2 inch further on the front. The biggest issue I see is that at the very end of the extend stroke the room drops down in the front causing the upper counter top (on the slide) to rest on the fixed counter top. Possibly this 1/2 inch difference (further out in the front) is moving the room out too far. The inner seal does also seem to be much tighter on the front. When the slide is all the way in, (closed position) the outer seals look very even and tight all around. I think I will try the adjustment you mentioned last. According to the service manual that adjustment should be on the idler arm side and this is the front of the slide.
08 cruiser 30SK 5er, solid surface counter tops, 400 watt solar system, 6k axles, dexter never adjust brakes, 16" LTs draging a hyde drift boat behind an 08 Chevy Silverado 2500HD 4X4, Duramax-Ally, CCLB.
dbflyrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 04:02 PM   #4
Full Time Camper

I'm not familiar with your floor plan, but if the slide out includes floor area, then the slide is supposed to drop down when fully extended for a 'flush' floor. You are right, the tin can on the end of the motor drive controls how far the slide extends. But it should already be set correctly to compress the inner seals on both sides. If it was trying to extend too far, it would potentially be pulling the inside trim loose. What is possible is that the gear on one side has skipped a tooth or two and the inner seal is too loose on the side opposite the counter and too tight at the counter. The square rod that connects them has a shear pin that can be removed to readjust them.

Texas Baptist Men-Retiree Builders member since '01
13 Silverado 3500HD D/A, 2wd CCSB srw, custom RKI bed
11 Cruiser CF32MK
https://www.picturetrail.com/dayle1
Dayle1 is offline   Reply With Quote