Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-01-2012, 08:55 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

Looking for camp ground recommendation for the north east NJ/PA/Upstate NY

Thanks

Scott
Swesten193 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 09:14 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

i posted this in your other post. dont know if you saw it.

scott, we go to hither hills (state campground) in montauk every year. you have to book 9 months to the day in advance. it sells out in 2 minutes(no B.S. 2 minutes). they only allow fri-sat-and sunday check ins during the season. we also hit teddy roosevelt (sp?) also known as shagwon(also montauk). shagwon is no resavations-county campground,and its dry camping on the beach. its a blast. the water is real calm. you just need to air down your truck and trailer tires to drive in the sand.

i bought my trailer from eddy's. i got it for a great price but there service is the worst. crossroads might have pulled there stuff out of there. two years ago they were caught selling units and not reporting them sold to the manufacters, to the tune of 3 million + kind of like the McNamara case.

2000 ford f350 v10-2008 ford oem rims & tires

https://i647.photobucket.com/albums/u...cture451-1.gif

spinella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 09:24 PM   #3
Weekend Camper

Thanks for he info we don't do a lot of camping on the island years ago we used to go to wildwood all the time but with the dogs that's out now . Who that's to bad about eddies where to you go for warrantee service now are you happy with the zinger

Scott
Old 01-01-2012, 10:48 PM   #4
Full Time Camper

that's a pretty large area. I have not stayed at any of the following KOA campgrounds, but, as a rule KOA campgrounds are pretty good. Here are a few in the general area you asked about.

Deerpark/NYC nothwest; Newburgh/NYC north; Copake, NY; Saugerties/ woodstock, NY.

Delaware Water Gap/Pocono Mtn, PA.

If you do not have a KOA directory, google KOA campgrounds and look at them for details.
Happy Camping

Edited by: seabee
seabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 03:27 AM   #5
Full Time Camper

yes it is too bad about eddys. there service was the worst.one issue was wheni had a leak over the entrance door. they had the unit three tiomes, all they did was scmear silicone all over the place. i went to our local rv show one year later and was speaking to chris krull a crossroads employee, i told hiom how unhappy i was with eddys service and that me and my wife were at the show to consider trading the unit in and buying another. he told me to go home and look over every inch of the trailer and write down anything and everything that bothers me. turns out three weeks prior eddys had changed my leaf springs, the tires were rubbing the bottom of the trailer. crossroads sent me new heavier vsprings no problem. the problem was that eddys mechanics left most of the hardware loose . they reused the one time only use lock nuts. i was a lunitic on the phone. they claimed they fired the guy working on myunit.he then offered to have the unit transported to crossroads from long island and back at their cost. (turns out that the there were 5 or 6 screws that go through the gutter and into the top piece of siding over the entrance door that were either missing snapped in place or loose, i was impressed with randys honesty. he could have made up some b.s. about cracked silicone or something other than the truth)i can not tell you how happy i am with chris and randy mishler from crossroads. not only did they make repairs they also upgraded some things for me. i had the trasiler back in 2 1/2 weeks. i will continue to buy from crossroads, sorry so long winded.

Old 01-02-2012, 07:31 PM   #6
Weekend Camper

Wow that's a great story a lot of business today don't understand how important it is to take care of there customers it's nice to here crossroads does . There is a RV service place upstate in Gardiner called Len- Rich RV repair the owner Rich is like that great guy to work with if you ever need service outside of your warrantee . Thanks for the story makes me feel good that I invested in a crossroad RV

Scott
Old 01-03-2012, 03:36 AM   #7
Full Time Camper

scott thats good to know. i also have a place up in greene county, freehold.

Old 01-03-2012, 07:33 PM   #8
Weekend Camper

Is your place able to do warrantee work that is one of my concerns the first 2 years where can I get work done

Scott
Old 01-04-2012, 12:28 AM   #9
Full Time Camper

sorry scott i meant i also have a house in greene county, freehold. so its good to know about the shop you were talking about.

Old 01-04-2012, 07:53 PM   #10
Weekend Camper

O no problem but do you know of any local service places for warrantee work
Old 01-04-2012, 09:57 PM   #11
Full Time Camper

no i really dont. my unit is a 2007 so if anythings goes wrong i fix it myself. you should give crossroads a call. i'm sure they'll havea current list of shops they could send you to.

Old 03-14-2012, 10:39 AM   #12
New Camper

We are also having a problem with our Cross roads trailer - do you have any contact information for Randy?
Old 03-14-2012, 02:45 PM   #13
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by meier

We are also having a problem with our Cross roads trailer - do you have any contact information for Randy?

I found this in an old post... not sure if it is a correct # but you can certainly try it.
888 226 7496

I also found this in an old post:
855-226-7496

The numbers are very similar so one is probably wrong but you can try both.

Edited by: anaro

2014 Chevy Silverado 3500 SRW Duramax
2011 Zinger ZT26BL-sold
2014 Sabre 34REQS

***Member of the Mason-Dixon Group***
anaro is offline   Reply With Quote