Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-13-2011, 06:12 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

Our 2011 Seville has the shades screwed and or stapled to the side walls. They do not have brackets for the tops of the shades to fit into, rather, the part that would fit into the support backet was turned flat to the wall and shot in or screwed into the wall. This has caused them to pull the pleatings out, and, because it won't hang naturally they are coming apart at the day/night separation holder. The Valance hides thisimproper installation, so you have to lookat it from below to see. If your shades have been installed incorrectly also, I would like to know. I am wondering if this is just a fluke or all Sevilles like this??
Old 02-13-2011, 07:40 AM   #2
Seasonal Camper

Ours is not coming apart, but I would have to look at the mounting to see.

SOB 5er
lenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 09:40 AM   #3
Family Vacation Member

Our PF36SK's shades were and are hung properly and were tensioned correctly when installed. It has been out for 250+ days and we have had NO issues with them (knock on my noggin). We raise and lower them on a daily basis when traveling. Sounds like somebody thought they could cut corners and eliminate the brackets. Not good.

Kernersville, NC

2011 Ram 4500 SLT 4x4

2005 PF36SK
delqcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 09:57 AM   #4
Weekend Camper

Yes I think a few short cuts may have been taken. We are not in a position to be without the trailer to make repairs, but CR logged the issue and said we can have it taken care of at a later date. I am just wondering how many are out there like this.

Thanks for the info!
Old 02-20-2011, 04:39 AM   #5
Family Vacation Member

I have not had any problems with ours (touch wood, lol) but have no idea if they are installed like yours or not. I will have a look next time we see the trailer, unfortunately it is probably under 3 feet of snow at our seasonal lot. We hope to be able to go out and check on things in April.
albianne is offline   Reply With Quote