Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-17-2009, 01:12 PM   #1
Family Vacation Member

We currently have a Kingston KF30SB...well actually just found a buyer for it today. Now we would like to get something a little bigger. We are looking at the Kingston KF33SK. There is not a unit to look at locally. Although there is a dealer closeby they do not have that model in stock. So I have some questions.

1. Will a 32" TV fit in the living room?

2. Can the TV set on the counter or mount on the wall?

3. The toilet room looks a little small. Any problem for 6'3" body (mine)?

4. The KF33SK is about 4 feet longer than my previous rig. Any problems with gas stations, campsites, etc. I do not have any problems backing into sites so do not want to be forced into pull-thru only. At this time we do not use state parks so that limitation is not a concern.

5. Is the microwave the same microminiature unit as in the other models (the worlds smallest microwaves)?

6. Any problems, design or otherwise that I should know about?

I don't think there is any question on quality since my previous unit was a Kingston and I was very satisfied with the quality. We do not intend to buy until the 2010 units are available.

Thanks

2012 Cruiser CF325CKP

2010 Ford F-350 6.4 SB 4wd

W0CSC

Semper Fi 59-63
calliopeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 01:31 PM   #2
Full Time Camper

I don't know much about the Kingston, but when I bought my 2007 30SK the new model year came out in May of 2006. You may not have long to wait for the 2010's.
Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 11:34 PM   #3
Seasonal Camper

Send a message via Yahoo to GeorgeG

I have an 08 33sk

1. It came with a 26" flat panel LCD tv with a wall mount. There is room for a arger tv.

2. If the tv is an older tv, it may not set on the counter. There would be no problem with a flat panel.

3. I'm 6' and have no problem. The toilet is on an angle and that helps with leg room.

4. If you had no problems with your other unit backing, you should not have problems with the 33sk.

I have only had mine in 1 pull through site. I went from a 27' TT to the 33sk, 8' difference in length. I have had an easier time putting the 5er on sites that that were hard to get the TT on.

5. The microwave in the 5er is bigger than the one in my house, so I can't really answer that. It is not that much of a concern to us, as we hardly ever use it for anything other than heating water for tea.

6. This one, I won't answer. My unit is unique, it was built on a Friday before a holiday.

I would recommend getting the insulated windows and insulation upgrade.

Nights camped in 2010 = 009
GeorgeG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 12:46 PM   #4
Family Vacation Member

GeorgeC - Glad to hear about the toilet room and your conversion from 27' to 33' (actually 35'6"). I'm hoping with the current economy delivery can pick up a little. We just sold our KF30SB so no camping until the new one comes in. A May delivey would of course be nice but I have no idea what triggers the company to start applying 2010 tags.

Ken

2012 Cruiser CF325CKP

2010 Ford F-350 6.4 SB 4wd

W0CSC

Semper Fi 59-63
calliopeguy is offline   Reply With Quote