Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-07-2010, 02:06 AM   #1
New Camper

Hi we just picked our 32CK Cruiser Provincial Edition on Saturday, will give it the "maiden voyage run" this weekend. We have to change the tv mount in living room ,the bolts are too small for the tv we bought, has anyone had any trouble doing this? Thedealer told us just the new one should just go back in the spot where we take the old one from. I hope sooooo. Other than that looking forward to trying it out. We got the Provincial Edition and it looks nice, altho we were nervous about buying something different. Have always had forest river and montana, but tihis unit was so compact for under 34 feet and 9000 lbs. Its 6 feets shorter that the one we traded in and 2500 lbs lighter. My husband really likes that. Hopefully I wont have any tails of woe to report after the weekend. IT is really a beautifully laid out unit, with lots of cupboard space and counters. One thing I miss is a coat door when you come in, but there is space elsewhere so I can certainly live with that. So far , so good, and I hope it stays that way
Teresa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 07:31 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

Welcome and congratulations!....

06 F350 KR PS CC SRW

...Wish we were camping...
cowboy_71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 08:46 AM   #3
Weekend Camper

We have just completed our second outing with our 2010 CF32CK. When I mounted the TV in mine I found the wall bracket to be insufficient to hold it also. What I ended up doing was allowing the TV to sit on the base that came with it and bolted it through the desk top once I found the position I wanted. I then moved the wall bracket so that it was bolted to the TV and the wall to prevent extra motion while traveling down the road. It is now solid as a rock and stays where it should.
Bayou Talker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 04:42 PM   #4
New Camper

he, thanks for the tip on the TV, we ended up buying a new bracket and it mounted fine, now we just have to get some straps to keep it in place when travelling.Any suggestions??

thanks
Old 06-09-2010, 10:42 PM   #5
Seasonal Camper

Eye hooks, bungee straps stuffed through water pipe insulation tubes, worked great for thousands of miles.
Tom&Denice, Carmel,Betsy, Brighton&Daisy(Rescued Cockers)YukonXL 2500 8.1 4:10 CT31GR https://i276.photobucket.com/albums/k...ofP1010009.jpg
ClassicHammond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 12:57 AM   #6
Weekend Camper

I looked at the same option and decided I didn't trust the TV on any bracket and didn't want to remove it and pack it away to travel. That is why I opted for just mounting it down permanently. I tried it first to see if I needed to angle it differently for viewing at different locations and found that I just did not need that option so I bolted it down. Now I don't need to do anything for travel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teresa
he, thanks for the tip on the TV, we ended up buying a new bracket and it mounted fine, now we just have to get some straps to keep it in place when travelling.Any suggestions??

thanks
Old 06-10-2010, 01:49 AM   #7
New Camper

well I wish we had done the same as Cliff, but we didnt, So now I have to figure this out. Tom and Denice what did you attach the bungee straps to? and how

thanks
Old 06-10-2010, 01:58 AM   #8
Weekend Camper

Is it too late to change your mind? I can send you some pics if you like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teresa
well I wish we had done the same as Cliff, but we didnt, So now I have to figure this out. Tom and Denice what did you attach the bungee straps to? and how

thanks
Old 06-10-2010, 02:10 PM   #9
Seasonal Camper

I have a standard opening for a crt in the ent. center in my Cruiser. I purchased a 32 inch Aquos and a Sanus wall arm (swivels and extends). The arm is mounted to the inside right side wall in the opening bolted to a 2x12 in the adjacent cabinet sandwiching the right wall which was very thin. I also screwed in 4 large eye-bolts to the 2x12. The flat screen folds into the cab then facing the front of the trailer. I use 2 bungees to secure the TV against that right side wall. I purchased hooks, bulkbungee cord and foam pipe tubes from Ace hardware cutting thecord to fit. Wish I could put pics up but I'm not that handy. Maybe I'll make that a Summer project. Please ask questions if I wasn't clear enough.
Tom&Denice, Carmel,Betsy, Brighton&Daisy(Rescued Cockers)YukonXL 2500 8.1 4:10 CT31GR https://i276.photobucket.com/albums/k...ofP1010009.jpg
ClassicHammond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 03:40 PM   #10
New Camper

thanks everyone,we have used bungy cords as we had already put the new bracket in, will see how it works this weekend. One more question to anyone who might know. When the dry weight of the fifthwheel is listed on the door, that does include all the things that came stock in the fifth wheel correct? couch, table chairs etc. In BC you need a special endorsement on your licence to pull anything over 10,100 lbs. our dry weight is 9000. and that is also what was on the nvis when it was registered. we dont carry over one thousand pounds of junk so we could just squeek under the line with weights as long as the dry weight includes all the options that the 5r comes with
Old 06-10-2010, 11:28 PM   #11
Weekend Camper

I am glad you figured it out. I hope it works well for you.

To the best of my knowledge the weight listed should be with all installed equipment minus propane but I would ask Cruiser to get the official answer. That being said, after all of your personal stuff is in and ready for a trip I would highly recommend that you go to a truck scale and get it weighed. You would be amazed at how fast it all adds up. If you do any camping where there are no dump stations don't forget the weight of the water in the tanks. My old 29CK easily topped out over 10,000 for a normal trip and it was listed at 7700 dry. To be safe, I would get the endorsement especially if you are subject to roadside weight checks. I would be willing to bet you will be over 10,000 at some point if not at all times.
Old 06-13-2010, 01:33 PM   #12
New Camper

thanks a lot Cliff, you have helped out alot, We got back from the first trip tonight, have a few things that they need to fix up at the service department. The carpet in the kitchen does not cover the entire metal of the slide, almost looks like it was put in crooked, and there is a piece of veneer coming off the front of the cabinets. But the layout of this unit is great. We have gone from a 40 foot forrest river sierra bunkhouse model and I feel like this unit is more spacious. Love the kitchen . I will Learn to love the bedroom as it is a big tight but for a 34 foot unit these are laid out so well. We did get the provincial edition so it has the upgraded insulation and windows and i am glad, as i can see myself camping this winter. I also love the corian counters, they look so nice. I cant even fill up all the cupboards, everytime I turn around there is another one that I find. I do miss having a coat closet by the door, and I noticed that this weekend, but all in all I think these are really great units!
Old 06-14-2010, 01:06 AM   #13
Weekend Camper

Teresa, I am glad you like your unit I know we really love ours. We got the Patriot Edition which is the US version. Your comments about the kitchen and the storage are exactly my wife's thoughts too. Our 29CK did not have a coat closet by the door so we don't miss it. We didhave a set of hooks near the door that we hung the dog's leash and such on though. We remedied that problem by installing a set of hooks below the counter top on the bar.

I don't know if you looked at a standard editon but we looked at a standard version first and my first impression was that there appeared to be a lot of empty space when you entered the door. I really didn't like the open space but I thought I could get used to it. When we saw our Patriot Edition, I didn't get that feeling and I didn't get the same feeling and I could not explain it. When we returned home we went to the Cruiser website and looked at the videos of the standard edition to see if there was any difference. What is appears is that with the Patriot the counters are actually larger than the standard model. In the video the countertop stops just past the sink where the Patriot has quite a bit more counter in that area. Below that area is a bank of drawers that we could not remember on the standard model. It also looks like the countertop on the bar is larger on the Patriot. If I am correct in these observations that is the reason the Patriot does not feel so empty when you walk in the door. I don't know if I am correct in this but if I am we actually got a benefit that we were not expecting. I am looking forward to seeing another standard edition to see if I am correct or not.
Old 06-14-2010, 01:55 AM   #14
New Camper

I think you are right, I never thought of that, but I could never explain why I didnt remember all the cupboard or counter space in the first one we looked at which was the standard edition. we actually never looked at the provincial except on the website and I really wanted the corian counters, so we just ordered that one. When it arrived i was really suprised as i didnt remember the counters being as large(I thought they might look bigger because of the corian) that shiny stuff looks so nice. And the cupboards in the kitchen area are everywhere and I didnt remember seeing as many of those either now that you mention it. I am going to try your idea of the hooks. I also though of installing a sideway coat rack on the cupboard just outside the bathroom if it will take it, we havent checked yet. Just some larger hooks to hold hoodie type jackets, nothing to heavy.

2011 Cruiser 32CK Provincial

2004 Diesel Gmc 3500 Dually
Old 06-14-2010, 02:10 AM   #15
Weekend Camper

I am glad I am not the only one. I was beginning to think I was nuts! If you take a look at the website video you can see some of the differences.

As for the hooks, I found a small plaque with 4-5 hooks on it at WalMart for under the countertop. I positioned it so the screws went through the support for the hanging bar in the cabinet so it is as strong as necessary. As for hooks on the other cabinet you might need to add a small piece of wood on the inside for a little extra support but I am sure it will work. In fact I think it is an idea that I might copy. It sure would come in handy.