Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-28-2010, 11:50 PM   #21
Site Team

Maybe you guys should get that info directly from CR!!!!!!!!
I smell something here.

Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 01:25 AM   #22
Family Vacation Member

Still waiting to hear from the few here already that have talked to the dealers, as they've already started the leg work.

'06 F-250 SD V-10

SCT custom tuned

https://i785.photobucket.com/albums/y...a/SDC12617.jpg
ryeja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 01:26 AM   #23
Family Vacation Member

I have to agree with Old Farmer. You need to talk to Randy Mishler at Crossroads Service, he should be able to help.

Rob,Sue&Cyndi

2008 Dodge 3500 6.7
RSCREES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 02:08 AM   #24
Family Vacation Member

I'm hopefully going to get my repaired unit back today with the slide operating as it should. According to The tech, Lippert says the tin cone or can or whatever it is, isjust a safety thing to make sure the slide doesn't attempt to pull-in too far. At this point I've had quite a number of repairs....mostly putzy stuff...and so far have not had to give up any scheduled use of the RV. I'd like to think I'm now at the point that we've finished the initial shake-down and all the bugs are gone.

2012 Cruiser CF325CKP

2010 Ford F-350 6.4 SB 4wd

W0CSC

Semper Fi 59-63
calliopeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 10:54 AM   #25
New Camper

The problem is a blame game crossroads blames lippert and lippert blames crossroads and you get different story from each person you talk to at each. I tried the cone 1/16" away, went out and hit some bumps came back and still locked up, it was tight against frame, then moved 1/2" hit bumps and slide worked good and cone was not tight to frame, not sure but I think lippert is not telling xroads how to set them up in the first place, so far that seemed to fix the problem.

rvdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 02:57 AM   #26
Weekend Camper

Howdy

Has anyone got their units back from their dealers with this problem resolved?

The reason I ask is that I'm taking our 09 30sk in tomorrow with this problem.

I've had nothing but grief & liesfrom the Crossroads dealer(Leisure Days RV Centre)here in Winnipeg,Mb (it seems as if service is a foreign word to them). The day/nite shades broke last Sept. ...I was still waiting for them last week so I contacted Crossroads cust. service , they had never been ordered even though it had been authorized. The local dealer told me several times they had been ordered even told me last time they had replaced them... just a sloppy attempt at repair.

I've talked to cust. service at Crossroads & I can take it to independent dealer just get the paperwork completed.

Sorry for the rant but I'm really PO'd

Cal
Old 08-12-2010, 03:15 AM   #27
Family Vacation Member

Cal - Mine now appears to be fixed. Take a look at the previous post from RVDOC...he's the guy that fixed mine and he explains what he did.

2012 Cruiser CF325CKP

W0CSC

Semper Fi 59-63
Old 08-22-2010, 02:48 AM   #28
Family Vacation Member

Not fixed! This weekend I had to hand-crank the slide open every time I used it (Loading up, at campsite, and unloading. Back to the dealer ASAP

2012 Cruiser CF325CKP

W0CSC

Semper Fi 59-63
Old 08-22-2010, 06:26 AM   #29
Weekend Camper

I had a failure also....What side are you experiencing problems? Mine is on the door side. My unit is at the dealer again and they changed the actuator again...that is the third one that they put in since the 5th of july...about 6 weeks..... .I wonder when they are going to figure out that that is not the problem? I'll get it back again and I am more than sure that it will probably fail again. Lippert is calling the shots so I guess I will have to live thru the labor pains. Is there such a thing that is called a "Lemon Law" with campers?
whipandee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 06:29 AM   #30
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by whipandee
I had a failure also....What side are you experiencing problems? Mine is on the door side. My unit is at the dealer again and they changed the actuator again...that is the third one that they put in since the 5th of july...about 6 weeks..... .I wonder when they are going to figure out that that is not the problem? I'll get it back again and I am more than sure that it will probably fail again. Lippert is calling the shots so I guess I will have to live thru the labor pains. Is there such a thing that is called a "Lemon Law" with campers?
Old 08-23-2010, 04:56 AM   #31
Weekend Camper

Well...at least I am not the only one with slideout problems!! going on 4 weeks for them to get the part in!!!
bmwmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 05:11 AM   #32
Family Vacation Member

bmwmama - I'm curious to know what part you are waiting for? What did your rvtech think the problem is?? Wonder how common this problem is?

2012 Cruiser CF325CKP

W0CSC

Semper Fi 59-63
Old 08-23-2010, 05:36 AM   #33
Weekend Camper

This is the second part for the slideout! I have no idea what it is. All I know this is a problem I hope won't return! If it does....well we are done! Can't risk ruining our limited vacations and weekend getaways!
Old 08-23-2010, 05:44 AM   #34
Weekend Camper

Our Rv is sitting at Toppers rv in Waller,Texas. They have been very nice to work with !! It is not their fault...it is the Main headquartersparts dept.that has a major problem..I guess? We are 3 hours away from our RV. Toppers was the closest place to have it serviced. They have gone over and above for us...they don't understand why it is taking so long to get the part either. We purchased our rv in Kyle,Texas...Explorer Usa. It was to far to return for service there. Maybe we will be able to get our Zinger soon????
Old 08-25-2010, 01:19 PM   #35
Weekend Camper

Yes..there is a lemon law with RV's .......I have already checked into it! One more break down and OUR Attorney will be working on this. We are done.I just hope we get our Rv back in working order and clean like I left it. I would rather have my RV, than a lawsuit to deal with. Oh..yes, refund on the rotten tires would be nice Mr.Randy. (whom never did return our calls) What loyalty to your customers.
Old 08-26-2010, 12:59 PM   #36
Weekend Camper

Yep I know what you mean....The lippert people are looking at my unit tomorrow to see what can be done. Have changed 3 actuators in the last 6 weeks. I really like my unit....the problem is that it has been at the dealer all but about 2 or 3 weeks since the end of May and I haven't been able to use it. Made two trips and other than that , it has been at the dealer and not just for the slide problem. Really would rather solve the problems than have a court situation. Dealer has really worked hard to help me but this slide problem has been an extended problem that won't quit.
Old 08-26-2010, 03:44 PM   #37
Weekend Camper

Oh Great!! So We are among many with this problem!!! Now I am worried that it will happen again! I can tell you for sure after reading all these posts... I am not very happy about Crossroads! They get one more chance....then I will let you know all about how the lemon law works!!!
Old 08-26-2010, 10:12 PM   #38
Family Vacation Member

Not fixed! Well I'm going to pick up my rig this morning so we can go out this weekend...I'll just have to hand-crank to get it loose again. The tech has been spending a lot of time taking the slide mechanism apart, rebuilding, playing phone-tag with Lippert, and it still is not fixed. I cannot blame my repair shop....they have gone way out above and beyond. It obviuosly has to be a part failure since there is only a small group of us with this problem. My tech did ask for replacement parts from Lippert and I hope Lippert understands that here in Minnesota we don't have a really long camping season so a delayed response from Lippert would be so unappreciated. If we can get that problem fixed we should be in a happy camper category.

2012 Cruiser CF325CKP

W0CSC

Semper Fi 59-63
Old 08-27-2010, 12:31 AM   #39
Weekend Camper

Well...don't hold your breath ! Sounds like they don't care to me !!! We are NOT hand cranking a new rv !!!! When I say THEY....I mean CROSSROADS !! Randy...why aren't you looking at this board? you would learn alot!! Maybe even help us ,owners of your product!!
Old 08-27-2010, 12:56 AM   #40
Site Team

It might be hard--------but just maybe a little more positive attitude would help.

Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote