Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-12-2014, 12:07 PM   #21
Full Time Camper

We finally left the factory Wednesday afternoon and headed south, arriving in Florida this morning.

The guys also fixed a couple of minor things which were not under warranty, like the shower head which broke off in the cold weather and some damage to some door trim from the hail storm in Utah. They checked over the unit and replaced a few screws. These guys are very thorough and do whatever they can to make the customer happy. We like factory service also because they don't have to order parts.

The new repair facility is beautiful.

They discovered another problem as they were pulling the unit out of the bay and had to put it back in. The kitchen slide did not go in completely on one end, the end closest to the front and apparently furthest from the motor. The fix is to put the slide back out a tiny bit after putting it in, which causes the thing to try to go back out at the back, thereby twisting it to go in completely in the front. Not sure if this explanation makes sense, but it does work. It has something to do with the way the slide works with one motor at the back and a long bar which transfers the power from the back to the front in a somewhat twisting motion.

2012 Cruiser Sahara 330SS
2015 F250 Super Duty diesel
Loneoak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 09:13 PM   #22
Site Team

Glad everything worked out for you. Nice to see Crossroads helped you out like that.

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2014, 04:15 AM   #23
Full Time Camper

Yes, and they seem to get a lot of negative attention. We have had a lot of trouble with our trailer, probably more than most people, but they always came through for us. We were very lucky to get one that came with a two year warranty (which is up in April) and we have sure made use of it.

We really like our trailer, the floor plan, the look of it, the weight, the color, etc. and really want to keep it. I hope everything is now fixed and we can just enjoy the thing from now on.

Old 12-14-2014, 07:04 AM   #24
Full Time Camper

Lone
I am sure that most owners would rather have their warranty issues taken care of at the factory. I attended the factory rally this past July, and had a issue fixed by Gary, one of Randy's guys, that a dealer in my area actually made worse..After all who better to fix a problem with your camper than the people that built it...Plus Randy and his crew are TOP NOTCH. With that being said Randy and his crew have all the time in the world to get it right, the workers on the line in the factory DO NOT...
2022 Alliance Avenue 32RLS

In God We Trust
A proud member of the one percent...Semper Fi
sleepyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 07:48 AM   #25
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyT View Post
Lone
I am sure that most owners would rather have their warranty issues taken care of at the factory. I attended the factory rally this past July, and had a issue fixed by Gary, one of Randy's guys, that a dealer in my area actually made worse..After all who better to fix a problem with your camper than the people that built it...Plus Randy and his crew are TOP NOTCH. With that being said Randy and his crew have all the time in the world to get it right, the workers on the line in the factory DO NOT...
I totally agree. We told them to take whatever time was necessary. We were on our way to Florida but had no set schedule. We were prepared to kill time at the hotel until it was ready. Randy and his guys are top notch, like you say. They really seem to care about the customer and the trailer.

We also had some stuff done at the factory during the rally last year. This year's problem was a lot more serious.

Old 12-14-2014, 04:55 PM   #26
Weekend Camper

You should have a manual socket somewhere to crank slide in or out. Mine is under the stairs. Different models, different places. Look in your owners manual. The hand crank for it came with my unit.
ST29RL

https://i575.photobucket.com/albums/s...unsettrail.jpg
icefalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 07:38 PM   #27
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by icefalcon View Post
You should have a manual socket somewhere to crank slide in or out. Mine is under the stairs. Different models, different places. Look in your owners manual. The hand crank for it came with my unit.
Think they might have the Schwintek slide system...Not sure if you get a hand crank with them...

In God We Trust
Old 12-15-2014, 03:53 AM   #28
Full Time Camper

Yes, we have the Schwintek slide system. The problem ended up being water damage which basically destroyed the mechanism.

Old 12-15-2014, 10:09 AM   #29
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by icefalcon View Post
Skip
I was correct, they have a Schwintek slide. No manual crank with them.. The slide motors has to be disengaged to manually move the slide in or out...

In God We Trust