Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-03-2014, 08:41 PM   #21
Full Time Camper

Welcome aboard....down in GA I doubt you will have the issues with fuel gelling like we do up here in midwest, but others have already chimed in on what is necessary to keep the 6.7 happy. I would also recommend an oil analysis done by blackstone labs when you do get your oil changed. Here is a link:
http://www.blackstone-labs.com/

Also, I have included another diesel site that has a TON of information...see link

http://www.thedieselstop.com/forums/index.php

You will lose 1-2 weeks catching up on all of the information. However, most of all, develop a good relationship with your dealer/service department/quick lane/diesel mechanic and they will take care of you if you ever need them. I know I will probably get some flack from some of the members, but maybe I am one of the lucky ones and have a GREAT dealer and they are the only ones beside myself, that I trust working on my truck..
Enjoy the truck....I have had my 2011 for 4.5 years...and still going strong....

2015 Rushmore Springfield
Disc Brake upgrade, Goodyear G614 tire upgrade
RV FLEX-ARMOR roof, Mor-Ryde IS suspension

2017 F350 Dually 4x4 6.7 Bronze Fire
gossamar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 06:51 AM   #22
Full Time Camper

We still don't have pics - so it's just a "fig-a-ment" of your imagination

I LOVED the utility of my Excursions (why I had kept getting the latest and last offered) but the new crew cab has pushed to the front...

Only two things I don't like about it
1) Coming from the big block rumble generation, it's TOO quiet and nothing short of removing the EPA lunacy will fix that
2) The Ford Sync navigation leaves something to be desired, but is still 'purty' ! (why I'm glad I scored 4 copies of the latest map sd card ! Extra A4 & A5 are for sale if interested)

One thing I had to retrain myself on, I used to rotate the tires every oil change, but now oil changes can be 7 or 8k miles and the 20" Michelins don't like that long a rotation schedule...
Ford/Michelin bought me a new set though so being nice to the dealer paid off already!
Old 12-04-2014, 11:57 AM   #23
Seasonal Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darrell View Post
That is a lot of overkill on oil and filter changes - unless you are driving a crazy amount of miles
50,000ish miles per year. Not too crazy but I've always used short service intervals for all of my trucks.