Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-29-2009, 11:29 AM   #21
New Camper

Am I glad to hear all of this postive info about the Sunset Trails. We just purchased a 2010 32KS. We haven't actually recieved it yet but it should be here before Memorial Day. We sold our Aerolite ('95) which didn't have any slides and we really did like that camper - it's just that our kids just keep getting bigger! And of course they NEED to bring friends along - therefore we needed a bunkhouse with at least 4 bunks - so we went for the kids' suite. Sounds nice. If anyone is familar with this floor plan/model I'd love to hear about it. We never walked in this floorplan we just looked at a similar one.
cbfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 12:32 PM   #22
Full Time Camper

STOP FEEDING THE KIDS! All mine grew up because I feed them. The only way to keep them little is to stop feeding them.

Get what fits you and you will be happy.

Chrisnan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 01:44 AM   #23
Family Vacation Member

Send a message via Yahoo to csham
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbfox
Am I glad to hear all of this postive info about the Sunset Trails. We just purchased a 2010 32KS. We haven't actually recieved it yet but it should be here before Memorial Day. We sold our Aerolite ('95) which didn't have any slides and we really did like that camper - it's just that our kids just keep getting bigger! And of course they NEED to bring friends along - therefore we needed a bunkhouse with at least 4 bunks - so we went for the kids' suite. Sounds nice. If anyone is familar with this floor plan/model I'd love to hear about it. We never walked in this floorplan we just looked at a similar one.

cbfox...I posted some infor about my ST30 in the 'how long' thread...

You're camping history sounds like ours. Back in '90 when we got marries we bought a 12 fott Jayco pop-up. After our first daughter in '97 we upgraded to a 25' Aerolite, 7 foot wide, no slide, no room to move around. After our 3rd daughter, I had found an Aerolite that we liked and went to a delaer to look at it. The wife saw the ST and since the dealer gave us a master key, we decided to open the door and take a look. An hour later, we had money down on the 30BH and started the waiting game for it to be delivered.

Samantha (8/97), Tara (6/03), Erica (1/07)

2008 Dodge Ram 1500

2007 Sunset Trail ST30BH

https://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x...H-campsite.jpg
csham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 03:51 AM   #24
Weekend Camper

We have a ST27RB and love everything about it. We uprgaded from a Coachman 25' with no slide and feel like we have double the room. I also love my rear bath for all its space.

We have had only a few small problems and would buy the same thing again. Good luck on your new purchase.
ldul101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 01:56 PM   #25
New Camper

We are looking at purchasing a 2008 ST31QB. Anyone had experience with those? We have looked at it three diffrent times at the dealer, and keep coming back to it! Just found this forum tonight, and seems to be full of knowledge....looking forward to your insight
RandyFerree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 02:27 PM   #26
Seasonal Camper

What is the unit priced at with the dealer?
I have noticed some used units dang near as high in price as a new unit.

mnsunset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 12:05 AM   #27
New Camper

They had it posted for 17,889, but talking with them and working a deal, I Have it down to 14,900 plus t, t, and doc fee. I am suppose to go back this saturday and let them know If i am going to take it. I have seen several of them online and they were ridiculous! It is in great shape on the inside and outside
RandyFerree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 12:49 AM   #28
Seasonal Camper

As I have said in other posts, as long as you feel you got a deal you are happy with that is what counts most.

But that being said, in my opinion the dealer should have a bit more room to go. Unless you have to have that unit, you have the edge to negotiate. Also, I was just talking to a dealer near me that is getting all the winter trades in. Their lot has a lot of units which means they will be eager to move them.

I notice some hate to talk money, even on a blog but what do others think???

Best of luck

Old 03-18-2012, 02:48 AM   #29
Full Time Camper

Go to:

http://www.nadaguides.com/RVs/2008/C...dard-Equipment

NADA shows low retail at $13120 and average $15810.

BUT, if you're happy and the dealer is offering any kind of a warranty to get past the first trip problems, if any...
2009 Ford Lariat F350 SRW CC Diesel
2013 Cruiser CF305SK Patriot Edition
avvidclif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 04:00 AM   #30
Seasonal Camper

Another thought,
It is easy for me to guesstimate a price but without seeing the unit, and it would hardly be fair. Especially without knowing all/any options that may be on the unit.
I will repeat to not fall in love with any one unit as there will be many more in the weeks to come.

Just be happy with the deal, get a little warranty, and have a great camping year!.