Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-29-2014, 09:04 PM   #1
Family Vacation Member

Send a message via AIM to st.rodder2 Send a message via MSN to st.rodder2 Send a message via Yahoo to st.rodder2
A/C leaking water inside from vents

Hi all, I have a 2015 SF32RL and my A/C is leaking condensation from the quick cool vents. I had the unit running most of weekend. It was in the mid to upper 80's and real humid and the A/C was running almost constantly. Had the thermostat set at 72* and wouldn't get below 75 - 78*. Had to keep a bucket under the A/C to catch the drip. Has anyone had this issue? Thanks in advance for your help.
John

2015 Sunset Trail SF32RL
2012 Ford F250SD CC 4X4 - 6.7 Powerstroke

st.rodder2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 04:46 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

Take thee bottom off of the unit (Inside) Look up, and you will see four nuts or bolts turn these a half of turn that will tighten the unit down more. There is agasket made out oof styreene that will do what you are discribing if it is too loose
Traveling with Rainbow the wonder dog and now with Sunshine the rescue Schnauzer.
fhenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 10:13 AM   #3
Family Vacation Member

Send a message via AIM to st.rodder2 Send a message via MSN to st.rodder2 Send a message via Yahoo to st.rodder2
I'll give that a try tonight. The condensation seams to be building up in the duct in the ceiling and dripping into the A/C cover. If I have the quick cool vents open, the water is blowing out all over the floor and counter.

2015 Sunset Trail SF32RL

Old 06-30-2014, 12:03 PM   #4
Seasonal Camper

check for a clogged drain under the coil. remove the outside cover and you should see it
Reese DC
hondavalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 12:26 PM   #5
Family Vacation Member

I took the whole thing apart on Saturday and even opened up the 2 drain holes in the plastic catch tray under the condenser. I forgot to check to see if there is clearance between the tray and roof . Another thing to look for. This is where I wish the roof was a walk on.

2015 Sunset Trail SF32RL

Old 09-30-2014, 11:52 AM   #6
New Camper

I'm having the same issue with my 2015 ST28BH. I just purchased it last week and was trying it out here at the house. I have not taken anything apart to look at it yet but I called the dealership and I'll probably just take it over for warranty service. I'll let you know what they say.
Irishcop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 03:42 PM   #7
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.rodder2 View Post
Hi all, I have a 2015 SF32RL and my A/C is leaking condensation from the quick cool vents. I had the unit running most of weekend. It was in the mid to upper 80's and real humid and the A/C was running almost constantly. Had the thermostat set at 72* and wouldn't get below 75 - 78*. Had to keep a bucket under the A/C to catch the drip. Has anyone had this issue? Thanks in advance for your help.
John
Had the same issue and had it serviced at Crossroads. They said they had to re-seal around the AC. Not sure if than was tightening the connections and lap sealant on the roof. I assume both.

Customer Service manager said its an issue with the curvature of the roofs vs the flat surface on the bottom of the AC unit mount.

2017 Ford F350 Super Duty 6.7 King Ranch Crew
Sold the 2016 Crossroads Sunset Trail Grand Reserve 32BH
2020 Grand Design Momentum 320G
OhioMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 07:30 PM   #8
Family Vacation Member

OhioMark -- Where you getting condension dripping from the Quick Cool vents or water leaking from the outside during rain? When I pulled the inside cover down there was a lot of water condensation built up inside the duckwork. I pulled the cover off the A/C on the roof and there was no water build up. The drains were clean and the water was running off the roof like it's supposed to. I also sealed up any holes in the airbox that would allow any warm air in that would cause condension to build up.

2015 Sunset Trail SF32RL

Old 10-01-2014, 06:19 AM   #9
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.rodder2 View Post
OhioMark -- Where you getting condension dripping from the Quick Cool vents or water leaking from the outside during rain? When I pulled the inside cover down there was a lot of water condensation built up inside the duckwork. I pulled the cover off the A/C on the roof and there was no water build up. The drains were clean and the water was running off the roof like it's supposed to. I also sealed up any holes in the airbox that would allow any warm air in that would cause condension to build up.

Dripping from the main unit on a bright and sunny day, it was condensation building up. I can't speak exactly what Crossroads did, but the issue subsided. I think I recall him saying something about air getting to the coil. I can double check the paperwork, but they were pretty vague on the walkthrough...either way..no more bucket under the AC unit! You may want to take it in. Sounded like they knew exactly what the issue was when i told them about it.

Note the word "subsided"...When it gets above 85 or so, ALL the vents build up some condensation, but not dripping on the floor collecting in a bucket.

2017 Ford F350 Super Duty 6.7 King Ranch Crew
Sold the 2016 Crossroads Sunset Trail Grand Reserve 32BH
2020 Grand Design Momentum 320G
OhioMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 07:44 PM   #10
Full Time Camper

I would take it in. You should have no water or condensate inside. It should drain out on roof and out your gutters. AC is designed to pull the humidity out of the TT not into it. My gutters drip like crazy when hot out.

Tim
13 ST25RB
08 F-250 SC 6.8L XLT 4x4
Tim D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 06:30 AM   #11
Family Vacation Member

Did you have the fan on high? When it is really hot and the unit is working hard I would recommend running the fan on high to help dissipate the water on the evaporator coil faster. Also make sure the return filter is clean.

2009 CT31RL

2016 Chevrolet 2500HD High Country

Hensley Hitch
ajlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 09:57 PM   #12
New Camper

I think that I had it set on high.... It is intermittent though as to when it puts down water. I called the dealership and they said that it might be debris in the drain hole from manufacturing. I was going to take it in on Monday but they said that it would take a week for turn around time and I need it Tuesday night. I need to look at the manuals and see how to take the filter cover off so I can look inside. Any other suggestions? I'd love to fix this on my own instead of having to drive an hour to the dealership.
Irishcop is offline   Reply With Quote