Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-21-2009, 09:32 PM   #41
Family Vacation Member

Welcome and enjoy your PP. From your neighbor up North.

Duncan & Chelsea (Scotty Dogs)

Williamsburg, VA

2009 Dodge 3500 DRW QC 6.7L

2007 PP PF36SK (Rolling Fun II)
Virginia RVers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 10:55 PM   #42
New Camper

Why thank you. It would appear that most of my PP neighbors are up north!

https://i702.photobucket.com/albums/w...IMG_0393-2.jpg
dmlloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 01:37 PM   #43
Weekend Camper

We have a 2008 34RL Paradise Point travel trailer and I think it was the last one off the assembly line and CrossRoads was anxious to get rid of it. We are not in Paradise with this RV and are not happy campers. Randy is shipping us our fourth (4th) power converter as we speak. We are currrently in a campground in Moab, Utah and are having electrical problems. When running 12 volt lights they flicker. Randy told us to get a battery charger and keep it hooked up to the trailer battery. We went out a got a battery charger and hooked it up. Now we have no working 110 lights or outlets in the kitchen or living room areas of the trailer. Fortunately, the frig and AC are still working even though they both have thermostats that work on 12 volt. The temp gets up to 100 degrees here during the day so we need the AC. We weren't planing on returning home until early October and I just hope we can continue with our trip and don't have to call it quits early to make another trip back to the factory in Topeka, Indiana.I'm beginning to think we have some major electrical wiring problems with this unit. I'm very discouraged and doubt I would purchase another CrossRoads product. The Paradise Point is a nice comfortable trailer to spend extended periods of time in. Randy and his staff have been wonderful to work with and we're hoping they come up with a solution to our problem.

Tom Seiler

Downers Grove, IL
pointer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 10:57 PM   #44
Full Time Camper

Well Tom, it sounds like you got one like we have. There were several bigger issues when we got our trailer that should have been fixed by the dealer before delivery but didn't so I had to get Randy involved. Randy and Sheila @ CR helped take care of getting those issues repaired which we really appreciated. The problem remains that we can't take a trip in our trailer without 1 to 3 problems happening thatI end up trying to fix instead of enjoying ourselves. Plus every time we return from a trip something on our trailer has to be re-caulked. We have several big trips planned between now and the end of the year so we are not going to do anything before then but once Jan. rolls around our little piece of Paradise may be up for sale.
Hunter11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 12:38 AM   #45
Weekend Camper

Now I think I know why CR stopped making the Point. Shortly after getting the trailer I was making a turn and looked in the side view merrior and noticed the wheel looked funny. I pulled over to the side and jacked the trailer up and the whole wheel fell off. I was able to replace the bearing and the race and still had enough good thread on the spindle to get it road worthy. I called Lippert who made the axle and they shipped one out overnight. The place that was going to do the repair onthe trailer had the axle before I called them about the job. I do like the trailer but like you every time I take it out something goes wrong.
Old 08-31-2009, 01:39 AM   #46
Weekend Camper

Just finished talking to Randy. He cured the problem over the phone. It seems that the 110 power comes from the fuse box and then is routed to the GFI. When the GFI poped it killed all the 110 to the back of the trailer. I never thought of that as the reason. I thought that the GFI just handled the power to the outlet by the sink. Score another point for Randy.
Old 08-31-2009, 02:50 AM   #47
Weekend Camper

I'm curious if other CrossRoads owners had or are having similar problems as those who own the Paradise Point model. The only reason we settled on the Paradise Point is because no one else was offering a bedroom slide in a travel trailer at the time. Then Jayco came out with one after we bought. We wanted the bedroom slide because it came with a large closet across the front. We were definitely disappointed to find a lack of outside storage with this trailer so I had the factory put an access door on each end of the closet so I could get to closet floor from the outside. We would have gone with a 5th wheel to get more storage but my wife has MS and we travel with a 4-wheel electric scooter that rides in the bed of the pickup. Her scooter wouldn't fit with a 5th wheel hitch. We kept out last trailer for 20 years and I don't think the Paradise Point will come any where close to lasting 20 years.

Tom Seiler

Downers Grove, IL
Old 08-31-2009, 03:44 AM   #48
Seasonal Camper

the reson that Crossroads quit the PP was product duplication, the PP is the same coach as the cruiser, the only different thing was floor plans and price, they used the same cabinets, with a different door, same furniture and the same carpet, if you thought you were buying an upgrade product you were wrong, the cruiser is an entry level product, always was and I am sure it will always be thatm the PP was slightly bigger, and with a few more "extras", it was never meant to be an up-scale model, I have had 2 PP's, not any big problems with either unit and all the problems I have had have been addressed and fixed, would I buy another crossroads product probably not, not because of any problems but I want a more up-scale unit......I guess it's true that you get what you pay for.....

2004 Ford F-350 CC dually 4X4
mbinohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 07:38 AM   #49
Seasonal Camper

I bought my '04 PP when it was 2 years old. The original owner had it for one camping season and traded it in for a larger model since they didn't tow it. The dealer delivered it to a sight on a lake and they left it there. The only big issue I've had is the tread on one tire wearing on the inside. Since we don't pull alot of miles it really isn't that much of an issue for us since putting radial tires on. Other than that I think the original owner had the little things fix under warranty. I do agree that the Paradise Point is a larger size cruiser. If I ever decide to travel greater distances I would like tomove up to a Mountain Air. I really like the idea of tandon axles with dual wheels on each axle to handle the weight instead of 3 axles.Unless they are Alko Axles then I will pass all together and buy a time share. Good luck with theaxle issue. Hopefully you will not have any other problems and your TT willgive lots of good service for many years.
https://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l1...04/TheRig3.jpg
scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 10:44 AM   #50
New Camper

Send a message via AIM to danpedro
bought mine new in 2005 have not seen any in la penita mx on the way down or back , where is everybody
danpedro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 10:46 AM   #51
Full Time Camper

In the Heart of Texas.
Old 10-14-2009, 10:58 AM   #52
Weekend Camper

Just came back from a 8,000+ mile western trip. Saw 5 other Points and 1 Seville and 1 Cruiser.After the 8,000 mileswe made a trip to the factory for another Power Converter. That is #5. Randy and his people bent over backwards to help us out, really great people to deal with.
Old 10-14-2009, 11:07 AM   #53
Full Time Camper

Did they find what was causing the power converters to fail?
Old 10-14-2009, 11:28 AM   #54
Weekend Camper

They said it was a bad battery. There was liquid in the battery box that was battery acid and they tested it and said that one of the cells was bad so the charger was running on overtime to charge what could not be charged. They have since moved the charger to a cabinet with more air space just to help it stay cool. They also gave me a new battery.
Old 10-14-2009, 11:35 AM   #55
Full Time Camper

You can't beat that. Hope it fixes it for good this time.
Old 10-14-2009, 11:56 AM   #56
Weekend Camper

We have a 08 PP tag along trailer. We think it was the last one made. Just came back from a 8,000+ mile trip out west. We saw 5 PP's 1 Saville, 1 Cruiser and 1 Zinger. The Cruiser was traveling with us. We were at the factory rally this year and there were 2 PP's there. Our tag along and 1 5th wheel
Old 01-16-2010, 01:17 PM   #57
Weekend Camper

I think that my wife and I are the only owners of a PP tow behind trailer. We have come across quit a few PP 5ers but never a trailer. We also believe that our 08 might be the last PP off the line.

Pointer 1
Old 01-21-2010, 10:14 AM   #58
Weekend Camper

I saw one in a New Jersey campground as well as at the Hersey RV show a few years ago. Actually I was looking for one until I stumbled across the 5th wheel I bought.

<font color=BROWN>2006 33RL Paradise Point</font>

[img]smileys/smiley1.gif[/img]

https://i208.photobucket.com/albums/b...amper/33rl.jpg
CamperNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 11:45 PM   #59
Weekend Camper

We just picked up our 2006 Paradise Pointe 30RL yesterday. It looks great....decale replaced and they are getting a new awning since this one had some tares! It feels so cozy inside....it has the "premire" package so we will love the big leather recliners!!

2006 Paradise Pointe 30RL
Melstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 12:09 AM   #60
Family Vacation Member

After a little over a year...I got to pull out the PP to give it a touch up before I take it to Savannah for a week.. So far everything seems ok. Mice have been in the basement a little I had lots of posin around only saw signs in the basement and under bed....The floor covering has pulled up in front of bathroom but it's not bad ..easy fix. Even the battery still had a great charge to it. This will be a long over due vacation.

https://i508.photobucket.com/albums/s325/&#111;nlyrj/rv-1.jpg
onlyrj is offline   Reply With Quote