Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-15-2014, 07:44 PM   #1
New Camper

Smile Rushmore Problems

I have a 2013 Rushmore Lincoln...what a piece of junk for 60 grand...first year all the holding tanks fell out of the bottom of the camper, the dvd player in the lr doesn't work..the fantastic fan won't turn off, the tv in the bedroom broke and they sent the wrong one to replace it that doesn't fit on the cabinet door,,,the dvd player/radio outside doesn't work....we are so disappointed in the unit..its beautiful but nothing work....we have no lights in the kitchenand have to eat by candlelight...the company said after me threatening to get a lawyer that they would send me the parts, but I had to pay all the installaltions myself...this camper has not worked fully since we bought it new in feb 2013...anyone else having these problems???
svbus4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 10:35 AM   #2
Family Vacation Member

I am sorry to hear that you are having so many problems with your Lincoln. We own the 2014 Lincoln. We have had some minor issues, but the service provider we work with has been successful working with CR to get them fixed. Other Rushmore owners on the forum have had to deal with major things that were not identified right away. There is a Rushmore group that have banded together in a Lemon Law lawsuit against CR.(There is a thread on this forum.)
We extended stay in our Lincoln several times a year so we were able to identify the main issues within our initial factory warranty and we also have an extended warranty. We have really enjoyed our second home.
2016 High Country SILVERADO 2500HD DURAMAX/Allison
RJHewitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 03:35 PM   #3
New Camper

I have had numerous problems with my 2012 cruiser 335SS, workmanship unbelievable, screws busted off, panel where dump handles are held on with one screw. the screws that hold front panel on front bay twisted off. Fresh water line and tank are NOT insulated, they freeze. Polar tech package useless, right now the air is running and it is 86 inside and 85 outside. they said the insulation was so good you would not need second air cond. BULL. two air conditioners wont even cool it.
To many problems to post here, but I will never buy another Crossroads.
Harley69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 06:52 PM   #4
TDG
Seasonal Camper

I have a 2013 Jefferson new in march 2014
Full time. Had 63 problem. 27 major now 34 left 17 major
Hope it works out for everyone
PS where is the lemon law posting.

2013 Jefferson
2006 Chev 3500 DRW
2009 Corvette
Tony & Joanne
Full Time
TDG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 05:03 PM   #5
New Camper

So far the only problem we've experienced is the out-door speaker wiring on the 2014 Washington model. The speakers are daisy-chained together with the centre speaker of the interior 5.1 sound surround. The down side to this
1) is that it results in less than 3 ohms impedance connected to the LG player... Resulting in very Poor sound quality if you hear it at all and early burn out of the player.
2) all of your neighbours will here every television show (center channel only) over the outdoor speakers if you use the 5.1 sound system

Through the dealer we found CR knows it's wrong, but insisted that this is the way they do it. Not very good in our opinion for a luxury unit to have a sub-standard sound hook-up. Less expensive campers use a better system with the ABC zone switching system absent in the Rushmore.

2014 Crossroads Rushmore Washington
2011 Ford F250 Lariat Crew, 4wd, PSD 6.7L
Firestone Ride Rite Air Bags
AdrianJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 05:06 PM   #6
TDG
Seasonal Camper

Yep its like that in my Jefferson but fixed the problem
Takes a bit but can be done for under 40 bucks

2013 Jefferson
2006 Chev 3500 DRW
2009 Corvette
Tony & Joanne
Full Time
Old 06-24-2014, 05:25 PM   #7
New Camper

Our fix was to have dealer dis-connect the out-door speakers from the centre speaker and drop a pair of wires through the interior closet to the basement near the cable outlets. Cross Roads service has been un-willing to make it right after the sale.

2014 Crossroads Rushmore Washington
2011 Ford F250 Lariat Crew, 4wd, PSD 6.7L
Firestone Ride Rite Air Bags
AdrianJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 09:52 PM   #8
New Camper

We are full timers and have a used 2013 Rushmore
Jefferson. We have had it about three weeks
and no problems yet. From seeing the other
post here, we feel like ok what's going to
break first. Were can I look to see when the
camper was made?
SChedgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 10:05 PM   #9
TDG
Seasonal Camper

Street side near the small door where you landing gear control is
Its a tag with serial#, weight and production date

2013 Jefferson
2006 Chev 3500 DRW
2009 Corvette
Tony & Joanne
Full Time
Old 10-28-2014, 08:36 PM   #10
New Camper

Rushmore Washington

I have recently encountered serious Structural problems with my 2013 Crossroads Rushmore (Washington floor plan). I am the second owner and Crossroads will not agree to any assistance. I understand that the original warranty does not pass beyond the first owner, but the unit is within two years of rolling off the line and I feel that Crossroads should bare some responsibility and better stand behind their products. Am I wrong? Has anyone else had any similar experience?
1. Cracks appearing and growing in exterior shell from the slide openings on both bedroom slides.
2. One roller under street side BR slide has cut through cover on bottom and piece has fallen out. Two other rollers are also cutting through.
3. I know that drive system is notorious for problems, but all four slides labor both in and out.
4. I had to cut the trim board on the kit slide as it was plowing the vinyl. On last trip out kit slide hung and we had to limp home with only partial use of the kitchen.
5. Kitchen slide has never closed properly, leaving approx. 2.5" to 3" gap at bottom.

I could go on, but as stated Crossroads has refused to address my issues and if you are reading this as research before buying I would strongly suggest you go elsewhere. You too could end up as we are with $60,000 invested in a piece of junk (and I'm using the nice word when I say junk)
rdeport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 05:21 PM   #11
Weekend Camper

will ford or chevy cover a used car why do you think Crossroads should Did dealer give you any warranty
gcubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 05:28 PM   #12
TDG
Seasonal Camper

Both ford and Chevy will give the second owner warrenty
As long as the warranty is still valid if not they offer extended warranties for reasonable cost
Other wise they probably wouldn't sell many used cars

2013 Jefferson
2006 Chev 3500 DRW
2009 Corvette
Tony & Joanne
Full Time
Old 10-29-2014, 06:41 PM   #13
Site Team

Extended warranties are available for every Rv whether new or used. To me, ESP's are worth it. Especially with used Rv's.

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 06:48 PM   #14
TDG
Seasonal Camper

Some yes but when I checked into extended warranty at the dealer at time of purchase they don't cover structural
Including. Good Sam mostly just the components
Air Cond.Microwave. plumbing .axles. ect
I didnt find one that if the fibreglass cracks or frame breaks or roof tears off
It would be covered
That is just what I was told last march by 1/2 of dozen companys

2013 Jefferson
2006 Chev 3500 DRW
2009 Corvette
Tony & Joanne
Full Time
Old 10-29-2014, 08:54 PM   #15
New Camper

In response to gcubs, my ford truck warranty still covers though I am the second owner on it. It is still within the original warranty time and mileage. I had an extended warranty and true as to what others have pointed out, it does not cover structural. This unit was within the original 24 month coverage period. Why would they not honor for the second owner as the auto industry does?

To their credit, my dealer is working with us to make the best of a bad situation.
Old 10-29-2014, 09:03 PM   #16
Site Team

Any unit built after August 2012 has only a 1 year warranty. So unfortunately, it is out of warranty.

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 09:17 PM   #17
New Camper

Any way you look at it we have a lot of money in a unit that is severely defective through no fault of our own. Had it been abused by the previous owner enough to do the damage that we see, it would have been noticeable. Yes, we bought it "as is", but I would think that Crossroads would have more pride in their workmanship, customer relations and corporate reputation than I see. I still hope any one shopping their product line beware.
Old 10-30-2014, 11:33 AM   #18
Family Vacation Member

As I mentioned on another post thread, contact Trailer Life. They work on problems such as these. Manufacturers do not like to see their name spread negatively across the country.

Too much quality issues that gets publicized will put a company out of business.

I know from the reaction I got to the problem on our 2010 Cruiser that I would never buy another Crossroads again. Even on it the workmanship was starting to get shoddy.

2004.5 Chevy Duramax crew cab 4x4
2010 Crossroads Cruiser 30QBX
1991 K2500 4x4 being restored
drcook is offline   Reply With Quote