Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-12-2010, 08:26 AM   #21
Full Time Camper

See I told you they would be along soon. Now let the warm weather out! It's cold here in northern KY.

Chrisnan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 10:01 AM   #22
Weekend Camper

Send a message via Yahoo to Sonyman
Cold here in Shanghai China also, and even worse, very few place turn the heat on to get warm inside..Crazy,

2005 CrossTerrain DS

2003 CTD 2500QC SLT 4x4 EDGE AirDog150, B&W Companion Hitch
Sonyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 02:41 PM   #23
Weekend Camper

Looking forward to hearing about your rig. Your location says Tennessee so you're a long way from home. I travel a lot for work too (Seattle this week, DC last week) so I understand. Here's a pic I took last time I was in Nashville:

TF36DSMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 02:45 PM   #24
Weekend Camper

Send a message via Yahoo to Sonyman
didn't get to see the photo. yeah i stay working here alot. wont be home until mid Feb. About 8000 miles to be exact. but it can sure rack up some frequent flyer miles. LOL
I wish delta would get into adding miles based on campground visits like they do for hotel stays.

2005 CrossTerrain DS

2003 CTD 2500QC SLT 4x4 EDGE AirDog150, B&W Companion Hitch
Sonyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 02:13 AM   #25
Family Vacation Member

Sorry to but in here, I don't mean to hi-jack, but I've got a question for Matt. I was looking atyour list of mods posted and the Voltminder caught my eye. I've been looking for a digital volt meter to replace the stock one so that I can get an easily get an accurate voltage reading when ever I want. That Voltminder looks like just the ticket. Question is, did you do a permanent istallation and if so did you just tie it into wiring from the original control panel?

Thats also a great photo of the Nashville skyline, nicely done

Thanks -Arlyn

https://i213.photobucket.com/albums/c...rawberry-1.jpg
rock1424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 06:33 AM   #26
Weekend Camper

Thx for the compliment on the photo. Nashville is a great city.

The Voltminder I'm using is the one found here:

http://www.bestconverter.com/Voltminder_p_178.html

It plugs directly into a 12V outlet. I'm not sure how accurate it is, but I primarily use it to give me anidea of what stage the converter is in (Bulk, Absorption, Float) when on shore or generator power. I passed the wire through the generator on/off switch into the basement compartment, and then plugged it into the 12V outlet closest to the distribution panel. I mounted it next to the generator switch with command strip double-sided tape. I don't have a photo of it but hopefully that gives you an idea of what it looks like.
Old 01-14-2010, 01:36 AM   #27
Family Vacation Member

Thanks, that makes sense. Also, the link you gave has a better pic of the Voltminderthan what I sawon their own website.

Old 01-14-2010, 04:56 PM   #28
Weekend Camper

No problem. One thing I meant to ask you is that in your post you asked about replacing the stock voltminder... does the Cruiser come with one or some other voltage gauge?My CT didn't so I added it.
Old 01-15-2010, 01:23 AM   #29
Family Vacation Member

Sorry, I didn't mean a stock voltminder, I meant the stock "voltage meter" (read: POS that doesn't give you actual voltage, just the 1/4, 1/2, 3/4 reading) that is included in the holding tank level monitoring control panel.

I would actually like to find a way to tie the voltminder into that panel for a more permanent type of installation. I'll have to pull that control panel off to see for sure, but I'm thinking that should give me access to the wires I would need.

Old 01-24-2010, 08:12 AM   #30
Weekend Camper

The Voltminder can be wired either way... plug it into a 12v outlet or hardwire itto the fuse panel. Mine is currentlyplugged intoto a 12v outlet very close to the panel and converter/charger (within 1 ft of both). However I will likely do the same at some point and wire mine to the panel.

Sonyman - would be great to hear about your rig. There was another CT owner with a pin box failure while he was towing... luckilyno catastrophy but it strandedhis CTfor a few days while hehad some welding done.Wondering if you had the same thing or what to keep an eye on on my rig. Would be great if you could post back when you come up for air on the projects.
Old 02-02-2010, 09:28 AM   #31
New Camper

Hi Todd, welcome to the forum. We are also a toy hauler owner - Crossforce XF30SL 2008. We live in Tennessee andalong with regular camping we enjoy riding 4-wheelers and dirt bikes. They are right, we are "fair weather fans" when it comes to posting to the forum.
BrianChevy2500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 02:57 AM   #32
New Camper

Another CrossTerrain owner checking in to say welcome to the forum. As someone said earlier we are fair weather campers.

2005 TF38TS Cross Terrain

https://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r...well_002-1.jpg [/b]

1994 Heritage (mine)

1997 Road King (his)

rwings12000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 01:56 AM   #33
New Camper

Hi one more cross terrain owner here, just picked ours up last Friday! We are not fair weather campers, we will be living in ours full time We are making our garage a play room for our two kids when we are not hauling the quads. In the works right now is a rail and gate up across the loft bed to keep the kids from falling out

Old 06-21-2010, 04:17 PM   #34
New Camper

Hey Iam also new here and we just bought a 2006 Crossforce XF29SL. Just got back from our maiden voyage out camping and found out that I have some sort of wiring issue with my tail lights. Can anyone help me or forward me to somewhere or someone that can? Passenger tail light stays on and driver dosn't work now (everything work fine last week when I bought it) Took off the passenger tail light assembely and felt inside where the wires come out and it felt alittle damp, but not sure where the water would be coming from and not sure if that is why I'm having the issues?

Ryan
TheMcCarthys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 09:31 PM   #35
Full Time Camper

Hi welcome to the forum. Dampness will mess up wireing but will distroy your camper.
cwit is offline   Reply With Quote