Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-07-2014, 06:08 PM   #1
Weekend Camper

Ceiling lights, bulb type

I have a 2014 300BH. Want to replace the ceiling bulbs with LED's. I pulled one bulb and the printing on it was hard to read but looked like "CB 31". But as I was checking a web site that sold LED's couldn't find a bulb listed like that. Can anyone tell me what the bulb type is so I can check prices on some sites?

Looks like replacing all of them could get expensive; I counted 26 bulbs and it looks like LED's with at least 100 lumen are running around $7.95 each and up.
Ford F-150 Twin Turbo, Max Towing Package
exposurecontrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 08:23 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

If you search the forum there are a ton of posts on these lights.

I upgrade my 300BH this summer with these:
http://www.amazon.com/GRV-24-5050-Su...BABTW2S90F73Y0

Bought a few from Amazon and the rest from aliexpress here for less than two bucks a bulb shipped:

http://www.aliexpress.com/snapshot/6119480335.html

The price is way cheaper but your buying direct from the Chinese distributor so no real customer service if you have an issue and shipping takes about 3 weeks.

Either way, those are the bulbs you want. I counted 31 bulbs to replace in the trailer.

The one over the stove I left as an incandescent since it gets warm when using the stove.

2017 Ford F350 Super Duty 6.7 King Ranch Crew
Sold the 2016 Crossroads Sunset Trail Grand Reserve 32BH
2020 Grand Design Momentum 320G
OhioMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 07:00 PM   #3
Weekend Camper

Thanks for the info. Just ordered enough LED's from Aliexpress to replace all the bulbs in the trailer with a few spares. Took me awhile to figure out their web site. A couple of things you had to click on to place the order that weren't readily apparent. If they work as well as I hope they do the price is terrific and makes the conversion affordable.
Old 09-10-2014, 09:48 AM   #4
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by exposurecontrol View Post
Thanks for the info. Just ordered enough LED's from Aliexpress to replace all the bulbs in the trailer with a few spares. Took me awhile to figure out their web site. A couple of things you had to click on to place the order that weren't readily apparent. If they work as well as I hope they do the price is terrific and makes the conversion affordable.
Good to hear.

I've had the trailer out 3 times with the new lights and no issues. To my original point, once you get them and they're working, not sure if there anything to be concerned. The shipping took a while.

Old 09-10-2014, 02:09 PM   #5
Weekend Camper

Got all of mine replaced recently and they work great...Unless u leave them on for an extended period of time... It looks like the board heats up enough to soften the solder on the Surface Mount Components and they fall off.....I go to see why the light goes out, and I can see the Parts lying on the Light Lens...I took pictures but don't have a picture posting site. So don't run my lites more than a couple of hours. I have a mixture of Amazon bought and Ebay.... Both are Failing, but only if I leave them on for a long time.(living Room). Just an FYI
Old 09-10-2014, 02:48 PM   #6
Site Team

That's what I was trying to say before----you get what you pay for.
There is no free lunch.
I spent big $ for the ones I got from
http://commandelectronics.com/

but they are still working, and no parts have fallen off.
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 07:17 PM   #7
Weekend Camper

Agreed, I never look for the free Lunch, but I never stop looking for some crumbs.... And the ones that fell apart recently were from CW, Go figure.
Old 09-11-2014, 06:32 AM   #8
Family Vacation Member

I ordered all my LEDs from M4products.com. Paid about $4 a piece but it's a company you can call up and talk with and as of yet, not one bulb has failed, regardless of how long they are on. Cupboard light we use as a night light has stayed on up to 3 days and no problems.
SCT Flash 4X tune
Billstein upgrade shocks and dampener
2008 Crossroads Cruiser 32BL
RADMiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 07:20 AM   #9
Full Time Camper

I purchased my lights on eBay direct from Asia over two years ago and have had no problems. I spend five months in the RV, snowbird, and the ceiling lights are on 4-5 hours every day and haven't had any failures.
2009 F-150XLT
Russb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 09:13 AM   #10
Weekend Camper

RADMiller,
What lights did you get for 4.00? I was looking there yesterday and the pricing ran from 9.99 to 14.99.

The Duncans
2015 Sunset Trail Reserve ST28BH
2015 Chevy Silverado 2500hd crew cab 4x4
Mr. T and Ms. B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 03:08 PM   #11
Family Vacation Member

Agree with Ralph and Debbie, We replaced all of our interior lights- ceiling, slides, pendants and sconce lights with 4MProducts.com LED replacement bulbs. I even purchased the tube replacements for the kitchen under counter light. We love these lights! As bright(we have the Natural White color in the living room, kitchen and bathroom, and Warm White color in the bedroom and hallway) as halogen bulbs without the heat! You do get what you pay for!
2016 High Country SILVERADO 2500HD DURAMAX/Allison
RJHewitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 11:16 AM   #12
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attman6 View Post
Got all of mine replaced recently and they work great...Unless u leave them on for an extended period of time... It looks like the board heats up enough to soften the solder on the Surface Mount Components and they fall off.....I go to see why the light goes out, and I can see the Parts lying on the Light Lens...I took pictures but don't have a picture posting site. So don't run my lites more than a couple of hours. I have a mixture of Amazon bought and Ebay.... Both are Failing, but only if I leave them on for a long time.(living Room). Just an FYI

I checked mine after reading your post. The only issue I found is the base of a couple lamps had some type of resin holding the board in the socket. On some of the bulbs, the resin (looks like glue gun adhesive) softened up and dripped onto the lens.

Not sure if there is any issue there, seems to be excess "glue" dripping from the base.

At 2 bucks a bulb, I can live with that. Lets see how long the bulbs last.

Old 09-12-2014, 07:57 PM   #13
Weekend Camper

Yeah, me too, I just keep an eye on them for awhile. Long as I don't see any flames.....it's all good
Old 09-24-2014, 07:52 PM   #14
Weekend Camper

Don't want to beat this subject in the ground, but thought you might like to know how my buying experience went. I purchased my bulbs direct from Aliexpress.com. I bought 30 bulbs for $49.38 (free shipping) or $1.64/bulb. I received them today, 15 days after I submitted the online order. Not having seen LEDs like this before I was initially taken aback because they came just loose in a bag. The LED itself seemed to fit just a little loose in the base so was slightly concerned with that. However, just went out and replaced all 28 bulbs on the interior of the trailer. Except for a couple of tight fits all went in without a hitch and the somewhat loose base didn't seem to affect them at all. All of the lights worked as advertised, in fact these are brighter than the 921's and also look better. I chose a daylight light. I didn't realize how yellow the 921's were..these are nice and white. Also notable, the cooling fan did not come on until I had almost every light in the trailer turned on and then it ran more slowly than it did before with just lights running. I think the 921 bulbs are 18w and these are 5w. So for the 28 bulbs I replaced I'm drawing just about 72% less wattage. So far everything is a win/win. Now we will see how they hold up over time. In case you're interested the bulb I ordered was: "T10 194 921 W5W 24 5050 SMD LED"
Old 09-25-2014, 05:28 AM   #15
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by exposurecontrol View Post
Don't want to beat this subject in the ground, but thought you might like to know how my buying experience went. I purchased my bulbs direct from Aliexpress.com. I bought 30 bulbs for $49.38 (free shipping) or $1.64/bulb. I received them today, 15 days after I submitted the online order. Not having seen LEDs like this before I was initially taken aback because they came just loose in a bag. The LED itself seemed to fit just a little loose in the base so was slightly concerned with that. However, just went out and replaced all 28 bulbs on the interior of the trailer. Except for a couple of tight fits all went in without a hitch and the somewhat loose base didn't seem to affect them at all. All of the lights worked as advertised, in fact these are brighter than the 921's and also look better. I chose a daylight light. I didn't realize how yellow the 921's were..these are nice and white. Also notable, the cooling fan did not come on until I had almost every light in the trailer turned on and then it ran more slowly than it did before with just lights running. I think the 921 bulbs are 18w and these are 5w. So for the 28 bulbs I replaced I'm drawing just about 72% less wattage. So far everything is a win/win. Now we will see how they hold up over time. In case you're interested the bulb I ordered was: "T10 194 921 W5W 24 5050 SMD LED"

Thanks for the update I had the similar experience. Other than a "glue" heating up on a couple bulbs, all working fine.

Like you said, win,win