Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-29-2010, 12:52 AM   #21
Full Time Camper

The last time I went up that way, I went through Peoria Rockford to Lake Geneva. Had to go back through Indiana, hated the thought so much I caught the old Railroad ferry out of Manatoic to Ludington Michigan and down. I actually enjoyed that part. All you have to do is to go out to the barn and turn the key in that Chevrolet hook up and head southwest

Edited by: fhenn
Traveling with Rainbow the wonder dog and now with Sunshine the rescue Schnauzer.
fhenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 11:08 AM   #22
Full Time Camper

Hey Frank, are you saying you've been camping for a month during the remodel?...Guess some people will do anything to go camping huh...I may have to consider that ...Dont guess your campgrounds name begins with Flying and ends in'J' does it...take care and good luck!

Floyd...

06 F350 KR PS CC SRW

...Wish we were camping...
cowboy_71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 02:18 PM   #23
Full Time Camper

No the Janet package will not do for the J, we have that reserved for traveling friends. I must say this was the most expensive camping trip we have had. The good thing is the camp ground is only two blocks from the house. Nicely run reservoir park called Timber Lake. Because of the location, I was able to make a pest of me to the contractors. It is all done now except for a few of the smaller things, and they will be done this week

Traveling with Rainbow the wonder dog and now with Sunshine the rescue Schnauzer.
Old 06-05-2010, 12:51 PM   #24
Site Team

That's good news (job done) Now you will be able to concentrate on getting ready for the trip.
OH, don't forget to save room for the snow blower.

Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 02:55 PM   #25
Full Time Camper

Yes I see by Russ's post that he still has snow, maybe that is why he offered you that camp ground, bring your own snow blower. Our snow removal machinery consist of ten speed bicycles with feather duster. Or god put it there let him take it away. I think I will bring Janet's hair dyer and melt it, what do you think Lloyd

Old 06-05-2010, 11:19 PM   #26
Site Team

I think that is a very good idea Frank!!!
Anyway, I hope you have a very good trip. ENJOY, ENJOY!!

Old 06-09-2010, 08:46 AM   #27
Site Team

Frank:
Where are you? You are being pretty quiet lately.

Old 06-09-2010, 11:00 AM   #28
Full Time Camper

Doctors today and tomorrow and Monday trying to get every thing read for the trip

Old 06-13-2010, 06:45 AM   #29
Site Team

I don't know if we can believe that Russ about the snow business. Wife seen on tv there was snow out there in CO. again. I had her convinced we should pack up and head out that way. We have wanted to see the mountains in CO. and also the big parks out in Utah. Then I finally woke up to the fact that it will be hotter then heck at this time of the year in Utah. So, back to the original plan of late spring. Next year. Are you all packed?

Old 06-13-2010, 07:11 AM   #30
Full Time Camper

Lloyd I am working on it. The nice thing about Colorado is the heat is dry, and you can jump into a mountain fed spring

Old 06-14-2010, 05:04 AM   #31
Full Time Camper

FRANK HENN CANNOT READ THIS POST!!!

Lloyd-

Since you had doubts, here's a couple pix of what we woke up to yesterday. Joyce couldn't resist taking them. The good news is, it's gone today...high 60s or low 70s forecast for tomorrow. Maybe I can finally get my asphalt driveway sealed and get the trailer up here!

Breckenridge, CO
'08 Crossroads Sunset Trail ST30BH Traded
'21 Grand Design Reflection 31MB 5er
'22 Cougar 29RLI 5er
'23 RAM 2500 4X4 CTD
coastn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 06:18 AM   #32
Full Time Camper

I see I see you are trying to ambush me Russ. There goes all of Joyce's work on the Aspen trees. Lloyd is going to have to show up now, after all he lives in Wisconsin, and has a Snow blower. I on the other hand live in Mississippi, and all we have is feather dusters

Old 06-15-2010, 11:55 AM   #33
Site Team

Russ:
You have some beautiful country out there. Even if it does get white late in the year. I would love to see it.

Frank:
I can't go this year, but you are welcome to swing up this way and pickup the snow blower.

Old 06-15-2010, 02:18 PM   #34
Full Time Camper

But Lloyd I was counting on you delivering it to me in Colorado!!! If you do I will be glad to return it at the Flying J next winter on your trip south

Old 06-27-2010, 03:05 AM   #35
Site Team

Frank:
Have you contacted "ALL" the Flying Js on your route and confirmed your reservations?

Old 06-27-2010, 06:17 AM   #36
Full Time Camper

Lloyd I have not only been in touch with all the flying J's but also the Wal marts, I heard from your bride, she said I could park in your yard, but you are just a touch out of the Way.
Put some more stuff in the Cruise today, and will finish up on Tuesday, leave Wed. hope to get to Vernon Texas that first day. Russ will pick up fresh Abita beer Tuesday can not promise any will be left by the time you , Joyce and Janet get there. Thanks to Hal I will be cutting up 69 at Tyler Texas, and taking 380 over to 287 . will cut off and go the back roads to 50 and take Monarch pass over. I will be spoting a lot of Cruiser. You can tell it is us as there is a good looking Dodge pulling, and two happy Schnauzer navigating. My son has dropped off his lap top for me to take, not certian how that will work out but will try it out.

Old 06-27-2010, 06:30 AM   #37
Site Team

I suppose you can command a tremendous discount at those Flying Js seeing as you are a local host.
Yes, you are more then welcome to park in the yard. Any time.
Sounds like you will be taking an adventurous route. Maybe instead, I should call it scenic.
Still wish I was trailing along.
Next spring.

Old 06-27-2010, 07:31 AM   #38
Full Time Camper

Nothing keeping you there except a turn of the Key. You know thinking on this, some of the most memberable trips I have taken have been the last minute. The year that my first wife joined the lord we were not going any where, daughter was getting ready to graduate lSU, One day I said we need to get away left the next day flipped a coin four times ended up going east. Every day before we left we flipped that coin for the direction we would go, saw a lot of neat places that you could never plan on. I will never forget that trip. five months later I lost her. However the Lord does work in wonderful ways he later on planted the Lovely Janet in my way who has tolerated my carzyness and keeps me down to earth

Edited by: fhenn
Old 06-28-2010, 02:21 AM   #39
Site Team

You have some good memories Frank. Cherish them.
Now getting to the more serious stuff--------- ARE GETTING BUTTERFLIES YET????????

Old 06-28-2010, 09:14 AM   #40
Full Time Camper

We have pass the butterfly stag, kind of worried that your snow blower will not show up in time. Still have a thousand things to do might try to take a small load over tonight. It keeps up like this I will have to take a rest before I can vacation