Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-15-2014, 07:19 PM   #1
Family Vacation Member

I don't understand

We have had our 08 CF32BL since new and had very few problems with our 5er.
We love our rv and don't understand why so many people are having problems with theirs. Has quality gone down that much? I have decided to keep ours until it literally falls apart because i'm afraid of the new inferior products out there. We recently went to an rv show and I was extremely disappointed with the quality that was on display and it will surely lead to the demise of the industry.
malojeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 07:30 PM   #2
Family Vacation Member

As it goes you will always hear and remember the bad before the good. It would be nice to hear from people who have had very good luck with their newer campers. That would be a good ratio to see and make informed decisions on product satisfaction.
Good observation on the rv show quality. We are looking forward the Hershey show this fall and see what's up.
SCT Flash 4X tune
Billstein upgrade shocks and dampener
2008 Crossroads Cruiser 32BL
RADMiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 08:20 AM   #3
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by RADMiller View Post
As it goes you will always hear and remember the bad before the good. It would be nice to hear from people who have had very good luck with their newer campers. That would be a good ratio to see and make informed decisions on product satisfaction.
Good observation on the rv show quality. We are looking forward the Hershey show this fall and see what's up.

Here is an older thread that people were stating all their positive comments on. http://www.crossroadsowners.com/foru...ead.php?t=7532
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 09:47 AM   #4
Full Time Camper

Lloyd you forgot the link.

2014 Chevy Silverado 3500 SRW Duramax
2011 Zinger ZT26BL-sold
2014 Sabre 34REQS

***Member of the Mason-Dixon Group***
anaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 07:55 PM   #5
Full Time Camper

I haven't had a new CR product, but have owned 2 new Forest River and a new Coachmen before FR bought them out, and this 07 Cruiser is by far the best quality of all of them. I hear that the Cruisers aren't as well constructed as they were a few years ago. One thing that I wish they hadn't done is gone to laminated construction. The hung walls, gorilla cage, and marine grade plywood flooring is what really set these units apart from their peers in my opinion. To see them moving away from that and doing what everybody else is doing is a shame. I am thinking of going back to a new fifth wheel after my storm damage is repaired, and the Cruiser would have been at the top of the list if they were still built like they once were. Since they are built like their competitors, I'll just look for service first, floor plan second, and price third. Oh, and no Schwintek slides!
Valley 16K slider
Ride-Rite air bags
mike06081969 is offline   Reply With Quote